Current cost?

Hi.

Hello...

I had a question on the avg cost of a procedure in 2010. In 2006 I had a consultation with MHR in Denver and at that time the quoted cost was $12K for 3000 grafts ($4 per graft) plus $400 for "post surgical care". I've read that this current economy has pushed the cost down but I have not seen any numbers that verify that. Is anyone willing to share their cost experience in 2010?

Thanks in advance.

Nice, timely question. icon_smile.gif I too am waiting for some answers on this...

IMO, the recession hasn't hit the HT world to a great extent. At least the leading clinics haven't gone down on the pricing. The number of patients opting to go for a HT might have come down.

It would be interesting to see ANY of the clinics did have a price drop, though unlikely. I think all they have done was include added values like travel benefits etc.

Happygolucky,

Stay away from MHR. I don't care what kind of deal they give you. Really don't let cost be the driving factor in who you choose to do your HT. It did affect with my first one and I regret it. Thankfully, the course has been set straight for me, but I certainly should have saved and spent an couple extra thousand dollars for a better first HT.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

aaron1234,

Thanks for the tip. I felt uneasy enough at the time NOT to act on their offer. I've heard a lot about Dr. Shapiro and Dr. Harris in Denver. A lot of folks on this site seem to be very happy with them so I am thinking of looking into them.

Thanks again for the testimonial.

happy,

I fully agree with aaron, one of the reasons you want to stay away from the big-named hair transplant companies is because with MHR or Bosley, you have no idea who your HT surgeon is and most likely he/she wouldnt have had a chance to be meticulously graded by sites like these.

If they did a terrible job or even a good job, it's very difficult to gauge their performance and skills.

Using the recommended HT surgeons from this site, it makes it very an easy choice because many doctors here take responsibility and know that if you are planning to get a HT, their credibility is on the line. If they do a bad job, you might post. On the other hand if they do a good job, you might post.

Notice though that many Coalition Doctors have had a tremendous positive responses for several years, which is really good news for you

Hi happygolucky-

Count yourself VERY FORTUNATE that you found this site and you can get honest opinions and feedback from patients who have visited many different clinics and can share their experiences and their results. I wish I had known about this site before undergoing my hair transplant journey. It would have been a much smoother ride.

If you have a gut feeling about staying away from a clinic, then you should listen trust that and research that clinic further and ask questions. You did this so good for you on that. You probably saved yourself from a bad job depending of course on who the doc would have been.

Continue to research and ask questions. Look at as many before and after pics as you can. There are a lot of great docs doing superb work. I'm sure you'll find an excellent one. Good luck-

I consider myself lucky to have found this site before doing the procedure...many thanks to Bill and co who made this site possible...after lots of research I did my ht with Jim Harris on mid Feb. Will try to post some results...I traveled many thousand miles to denver..so consider yourself lucky if you live close by!!!

I did 2000plus fue grafts in one session. Amazing work. Now my grafts are starting to shed so its too early to show results, but so far awesome. Doc Harris provides very personal atention and his staff is superb... I feel like going back there to do another ht even if i do not need one right now...haha...they really pampered me...and of course, my wife was instrumental in the recovery (which was superbly fast with FUE)

Before making a decision, I would recommend doing your research in this site and then try talking or meeting with at least a couple of the docs that interest you and ask them all the questions you can... (i had many!) You will see that there are many factors that are more important than the cost...its your head we are talking about here! just my 2 cents

Originally posted by dr. lindsey:

Megatron,

Is that $21.00 per graft real? That seems pretty high. I'd be interested what others think about that too.

Thanks

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

This is the pricing structure straight from Armani's webpage:

VIP Service:

The VIP rate is $21/graft in all cases. For our VIP patients, we only perform one procedure per day, and provide 1 year of medical/cosmetic supplies in addition to many other VIP services.

Executive Session:

In our Executive Session, we offer a non-shaving session of 1,500 grafts, with a minimum cost of $15/graft.

Repair Cases:

A Repair Case involves corrective work for patients who have had a previous unsuccessful hair replacement procedure at another center. The cost for all repair cases is $15/graft.

Crowns:

The number of grafts for all crown sessions are based on individual assessment.

1,500 grafts at $10/graft = $15,000

2,000 grafts at $9/graft = $18,000

Fees are subject to change without notice.

That's pretty steep from a doc that has a reputation as a butcher. Armani's price structure is double or triple the normal rate. But IMO he targets the rich or well off uninformed patient whose patients think that you get a much higher quality of work with the higher costs.

I recently got a HT from Dr. Alexander and paid $4 per graft (2500 - $10,000). I am not sure if he "barters" as I did not try, but I would bet that some hair surgeons would drop their price if you talked to them.

On a side note -- I went on a consultation with Dr. Williams in Las Vegas, NV nearly 3 or 4 years ago and did not use his services; however, nearly 2 years later, a representative from his office called me and offered me a "deal" if I was willing to do a HT surgery with him. Thus, I think some surgeons are willing to work with you.

I have no comment on Aramani's skill one way or another.

However $21 is pretty ridiculous imo.

If he can find clientele to pay that high fee more power to him..

"1 year of medical/cosmetic supplies in addition to many other VIP services."

propecia and toppik? come on now

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

• 6 months later...

Any way you slice it, FUE is going to be a major expense. We just have to decide if we would want to finally go for it or not.

This is a big expense. Not sure if experience has anything to do with the price of grafts. Perhaps a price undercut?