1s 455

2s 805

3s 758

4s 249

Total 2267

Hair Characteristics: Medium Fine

Density 60/60/70

Medication to be confirmed.

Patient had hair loss pattern with miniaturized front and temples. Goal was to reinforce front and close temples to frame face with a natural design. Patient said the result has improved even more after 12 months and we can look forward to more updates in the future.

All post op photos provided by the patient and many thanks to him.

Design

1_zpsumnv00mu.jpg

2_zpsrnvysxg5.jpg

3_zpsenc6tgeb.jpg

4_zpsivji9xvt.jpg

Placement

5_zpse8016kq6.jpg

6_zpsyhiydoqy.jpg

7_zpsgm0l0jsd.jpg

8_zps2n3qcyd9.jpg

12 months

9_zpsfhn2ysgv.jpg

10_zpscxogqsq7.jpg

11_zpsku0o9w4w.jpg

12_zpsvw3uaxyl.jpg

13_zps3sy5x5u2.jpg

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Hi FUE2014.

Both patient and clinic would not have put another 1500 to be honest as the patient's native density was on the lower side and this would have then been near to 4000 grafts used and a larger area to cover backwards if loss continued. So, in essence future planning and conservative use of donor were the objectives whilst making a nice difference for the patient and keeping in mind any potential loss.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Hi FUE2014.

Both patient and clinic would not have put another 1500 to be honest as the patient's native density was on the lower side and this would have then been near to 4000 grafts used and a larger area to cover backwards if loss continued. So, in essence future planning and conservative use of donor were the objectives whilst making a nice difference for the patient and keeping in mind any potential loss.

Agreed - correct approach and nice result.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Sounds like a sensible approach sl, and a really nice result.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

u get to stuff more grafts up there by being so conservative and therefore have to use far less grafts but in the end he really doesn't look any less bald then he did before. hairline is way too high. him and Lorenzo share the same approach to hairlines.

temples essentially untouched. face was anything but framed. dude needs another 2000 grafts to finish wat was started.

u get to stuff more grafts up there by being so conservative and therefore have to use far less grafts but in the end he really doesn't look any less bald then he did before. hairline is way too high. him and Lorenzo share the same approach to hairlines.

temples essentially untouched. face was anything but framed. dude needs another 2000 grafts to finish wat was started.

Wow. Disagree 100%.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

While I wouldn't agree that he doesn't look any less bald, I'm inclined to agree that the hairline is too high. If this was due to the boundaries of what could be achieved then fair enough, but IMO its one of those results that has hair transplant written all over it.

If he's happy though I guess that's what matters.

Thank you for the comments.

To re-iterate on this case, the most important aspect of a hair transplant is listening to what the patient wants, usually this is the first question that Dr.Bisanga will ask in a consultation.

Then we proceed to check the donor to see if the goals are possible or wise for the patient, we take into account the donor density and on this patient it was on the lower side as noted in the readings given, then age, potential future loss, bone structure and what is natural for the patients also to have in terms of design.

Firstly the goals were not to have a design that would necessitate 4,000 plus grafts, if it were then we would not have been comfortable offering the surgery taking into account the donor and how much this patient can give with FUE long term. So, the patient's goals were from the offset a conservative approach, he has never had a low hair line naturally and to create one would probably then change his appearance drastically in a way that is not natural and bone structure and facial features also need to be taken into consideration here.

Once the donor is measured under magnification we have a figure of what can be taken from the donor safely. If a patient has naturally lower density then front loading 4k plus grafts for us as said is probably not wise and gives little to no thought to future loss, it also extends the hair line to crown considerably, so if there is more loss then the patient will have less grafts to go backwards as a significant amount have been invested in going forwards and we call this “front loading”.

Going aggressive in design may be fine for some patients if they indeed firstly wish for this approach and have the donor to allow for it and have some donor still for future loss. As said for this patient per se it was not part of the plan at all and the fact he was willing to share his result means he is happy and achieved the result he was looking for. The hair line was lowered and loss behind dealt with and within keeping to what he had naturally before loss.

We don’t believe in the same one size fits all approach for any patient but base what is done on the above factors, so not all will have low hair lines but for some a less conservative will be the approach taken and will be the right approach and one that the patient themselves wish for. We recognise we all have different tastes and what we perceive to be a good transplant and it makes the world a much better place for sure.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Thank you for the comments.

To re-iterate on this case, the most important aspect of a hair transplant is listening to what the patient wants, usually this is the first question that Dr.Bisanga will ask in a consultation.

Then we proceed to check the donor to see if the goals are possible or wise for the patient, we take into account the donor density and on this patient it was on the lower side as noted in the readings given, then age, potential future loss, bone structure and what is natural for the patients also to have in terms of design.

Firstly the goals were not to have a design that would necessitate 4,000 plus grafts, if it were then we would not have been comfortable offering the surgery taking into account the donor and how much this patient can give with FUE long term. So, the patient's goals were from the offset a conservative approach, he has never had a low hair line naturally and to create one would probably then change his appearance drastically in a way that is not natural and bone structure and facial features also need to be taken into consideration here.

Once the donor is measured under magnification we have a figure of what can be taken from the donor safely. If a patient has naturally lower density then front loading 4k plus grafts for us as said is probably not wise and gives little to no thought to future loss, it also extends the hair line to crown considerably, so if there is more loss then the patient will have less grafts to go backwards as a significant amount have been invested in going forwards and we call this “front loading”.

Going aggressive in design may be fine for some patients if they indeed firstly wish for this approach and have the donor to allow for it and have some donor still for future loss. As said for this patient per se it was not part of the plan at all and the fact he was willing to share his result means he is happy and achieved the result he was looking for. The hair line was lowered and loss behind dealt with and within keeping to what he had naturally before loss.

We don’t believe in the same one size fits all approach for any patient but base what is done on the above factors, so not all will have low hair lines but for some a less conservative will be the approach taken and will be the right approach and one that the patient themselves wish for. We recognise we all have different tastes and what we perceive to be a good transplant and it makes the world a much better place for sure.

Great post Sl.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

My apologies for intruding with different kind of question. Can you anyone please guide me how to post a new thread/ Admin-can you please move this post to a new thread?

I have been reading through the posts since two to three months. Thanks for collecting and maintaining all the info from the experienced guys to be knowledge base for the new ones, want to take a plunge into HT.

My question here is what are the questions to be asked when I go for consultation with the doctor?

I have just started the process of consulting few doctors, though I have not zeroed down ONE, on line. I hope you will help me to find one. Thank you ALL.

Good weekend.

Cheers,