My HT journey with Dr Bhatti

dds

In my opinion the patient would have insisted on having the procedure carried out even though the coverage area was quite large and the doner area was poor. Dr Bhatti would have explained this in his initial consultation.

A strategy would have been put together in order for the patient to appear not bald, and appear to have a mature hairline and style to suit his 53 years of age.

If you look at the first picture of the last set then it is very difficult to argue that this has not been achieved.

Personally if I could go from where the patient started to the photo in the previous set in 9 months I would not be best pleased if a surgeon would have turned me down.

dds, you have come a long way in a short time and the results will hopefully improve even further. Judging from your before and after photos there is a huge difference, I hope you feel the same way, enjoy!

Dr Bhatti FUE Oct 2014 3305 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

Thanks for the kind words.

Do you think I can expect any new growth even after 10 months?

I am sure the existing transplanted hair would continue to grow like my other natural hair.

I am happy with the result in the frontal scalp area - a huge transformation compared to where I was before.

However in the mid scalp region, I had no/very less growth of the transplanted area.

I am checking with my doctor to see if the next HT can increase the density of my mid scalp and have some density on my crown. The challenge is the availability of donor area for which we are planning to use my chest hair, which is available in plenty.

On the whole I would say I am satisfied with the results.

if you are happy that's the main thing

You didn't have many grafts transplanted overall and even less in that midscalp section so that area was never going to be dense, from the post ops it looks like just a scattering of grafts were placed there.

Personally I'm not a fan of body hair in the recipient area. doesnt look very natural especially when it's needed to cover large balding areas, only time I think body hair is useful is perhaps beard grafts into a strip scar

To me, you needed 8000 head grafts minimum to get a decent result, but if you're happy that's all that matters

Thanks for the kind words.

Do you think I can expect any new growth even after 10 months?

I am sure the existing transplanted hair would continue to grow like my other natural hair.

Hi dds, I'm at 9 months myself, I think I have probably got about 90% of my final result, any extra I get now will be a bonus. Hopefully yours will continue to thicken over the coming months to give you a bit more density over time, I hope so, good luck mate.

Dr Bhatti FUE Oct 2014 3305 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

• 1 month later...

I guess that's all the growth I can expect as I am at the 11th month already.

Though I wouldn't call this a great success, it looks better than where I was before.

I would like to cover my crown (2nd picture) with 2000 to 3000 grafts to get

reasonable coverage.picture 3 was taken in natural light.

To achieve better cosmetic result, I probably need to depend

on concealers like Toppik (till we find a miracle cure for MPB!)

5b32e7cf4767e_11thmonthpostop1.jpg.cee4f1338cfe21cc3c197b79f1db8b6a.jpg

5b32e7cf5e47e_11thmonthpostop3.jpg.e4914dcbf8905a25961a3e6c6dcb2948.jpg

5b32e7cf6d860_11thmonthpostop4.jpg.91d776297e639b662df4ca0e60f5f7ff.jpg

5b32e7d2e2666_11thmonthpostop2.jpg.91ff35919757c0a1bc9fb771a23c7c89.jpg

Edited by dds

Based on the plan, I'd say your procedure grew well. As you know, it was a small number of grafts for the area and they were concentrated toward the front.

Have you planned your next procedure?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Yes. I am planning to go again for my 2nd HT in the next 6 months.

Hopefully 3000 grafts (scalp and BHT) would help get me reasonable coverage

at the remaining areas.

• 4 weeks later...

Attached are my 1 year post op pictures.At this stage I am pretty

much done with any new growth.

Due to poor density, looks like I have to rely on concealers.

I probably would go for a second HT early next year for my mid scalp and crown area.

5b32e84a25c62_1yearpostopp1.jpg.5e1c553b152cfd105170f78c9c2c699b.jpg

5b32e84a3955b_1yearpostopp2.jpg.jpg.90b525dce066e4a86bbbd77a25d4db52.jpg

5b32e84a48e43_1yearpostopp3.jpg.930de183544a3f43cc1d6ed973f961eb.jpg

5b32e84a64195_1yearpostopp4.jpg.981ebc249dad71cdd21203182fabecad.jpg

5b32e84a76d3f_1yearpostopp5.jpg.341b78170c0d157187cde38e2be664fb.jpg

5b32e84a8e4bb_1yearpostopp6.jpg.beb739e5c4a6445e03031f553b9b54a0.jpg

5b32e84a9fee8_1yearpostopp7.jpg.43a60bf72b5123cd0809cbcf0db8c623.jpg

Thank you for coming back on dds. I'm sorry to hear about the poor density. This is the second result I have seen from Dr Bhatti where the FUEs didn't seem to grow? Have you been able to talk to him about this and ask why? I'm looking into FUE myself and all this info is really helpful. The good and the bad. I really hope you are able to meet your goals with another surgery. I hope you will let us know if Dr Bhatti explains why he thinks the growht was not as good.

FUE for me?? Maybe???

Thank you for coming back on dds. I'm sorry to hear about the poor density. This is the second result I have seen from Dr Bhatti where the FUEs didn't seem to grow? Have you been able to talk to him about this and ask why? I'm looking into FUE myself and all this info is really helpful. The good and the bad. I really hope you are able to meet your goals with another surgery. I hope you will let us know if Dr Bhatti explains why he thinks the growht was not as good.

Yes. I have been in touch with Dr Bhatti. He says due to not enough grafts he had to focus on the frontal scalp. But even there the density is not cosmetic enough.

So, I guess I am one of the unlucky patients ...

So Dr Bhatti is saying he didn't implant enough FUEs into the area, but you think the density was not high and even what was transplanted didn't grow well? I am understading correctly? Sorry you think you are an unlucky patient. I am sure this can be fixed. Thank you for answering my questions.

FUE for me?? Maybe???

So Dr Bhatti is saying he didn't implant enough FUEs into the area, but you think the density was not high and even what was transplanted didn't grow well? I am understading correctly? Sorry you think you are an unlucky patient. I am sure this can be fixed. Thank you for answering my questions.

Combination of both. I believe only about 75% of transplanted hairs grew, that's why the density is low. May be for the next surgery I should go for about 3000 grafts and hope to get little bit more coverage.

Hi dds. Sorry I am late to reply. That is interesting that only 75% of the FUE transplants grew. I guess it makes sense that this is why the density is low. Is this normal? I just read another FUE thread where someone said their "yield" was in the 80%s. I think this is the same as growth. It doesn't look like this gives enough coverage for most guys though. I hope you get more coverage from your next surgery if you have another one! Thank you for answering my questions. It is really helpful for my research.

FUE for me?? Maybe???

Hi dds, I am sorry to hear u are not happy at this stage.

In all honesty, you need way more than 2400 Grafts to get a good result. My father was a norwood 5, got nearly 10.000 Grafts in 4 FUE procedures and is now satisfied. Obviously he had a great donor. You are a NW6 and would certainly need something around 10.000 Grafts too to be satisfied. So even if 100% of the Grafts grew, you have at least one if not two surgeries ahead of you to get a good result.

• 5 months later...