Dr. Lorenzo questions

MAGNUMpi

Hi All,

I am still seeing great Lorenzo results and was wondering about the change he made using techs now, and being back in Spain, etc.

I heard they do around 4 patients a day now. Any idea who does the extractions and who does the placements?

Also I couldn't find his prices on his website. Any idea what they are changing now?

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Old thread i know, but from what i've been told, Dr Lorenzo does some extraction, Dr Vila does some, one or two tech could also do some extractions, all placements are done by Dr Lorenzo, with maybe some by Dr Vila, who is also a HT doctor, and did Dr Lorenzo's hair transplant, so he definitely has trust in this doctor.

Prices i was quoted are, as of 2015 in Euros

The first thousand (1000) is €6 / graft (21% taxes included)

The second thousand (1001-2000) is €4 / graft (21% taxes included)

The rest (2001 onwards) is €2.5 / graft (21% taxes included)

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Old thread i know, but from what i've been told, Dr Lorenzo does some extraction, Dr Vila does some, one or two tech could also do some extractions, all placements are done by Dr Lorenzo, with maybe some by Dr Vila, who is also a HT doctor, and did Dr Lorenzo's hair transplant, so he definitely has trust in this doctor.

Techs do all extractions now, dr. Lorenzo does all implantations.

He has 2-3 patients/day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as I understood, Dr. Lorenzo did all the extractions himself. But maybe this has changed since he was recommended by our community?

It would be interesting to know if anyone knows for sure?

Of course, this doesn't mean that his results will suffer if this is the case. Perhaps he is supervising every extraction personally or inspecting the grafts prior to insertion.

If anyone knows for sure, please let us know.

All the Best,

Bill

As far as I understood, Dr. Lorenzo did all the extractions himself. But maybe this has changed since he was recommended by our community?

It would be interesting to know if anyone knows for sure?

Of course, this doesn't mean that his results will suffer if this is the case. Perhaps he is supervising every extraction personally or inspecting the grafts prior to insertion.

If anyone knows for sure, please let us know.

All the Best,

Bill

Dr. Lorenzo is recommended by HRN?

I had a procedure with dr. Lorenzo recently.

All extractions are done by technicians. From what I know this has been the case in his Madrid office for some time. I was surprised by this, but in the end the growth is all that counts. I will post my results in 4 months or so.

Dr. Lorenzo has 2 or 3 patients per day, and he does all implants. He does not oversee extractions, nor inspects grafts. He however does have experienced team. Two or three technicians work on each patient where on of them inspects grafts after extractions.

Let me know if you have questions.

Dr. Lorenzo is recommended by HRN?

I had a procedure with dr. Lorenzo recently.

All extractions are done by technicians. From what I know this has been the case in his Madrid office for some time. I was surprised by this, but in the end the growth is all that counts. I will post my results in 4 months or so.

Dr. Lorenzo has 2 or 3 patients per day, and he does all implants. He does not oversee extractions, nor inspects grafts. He however does have experienced team. Two or three technicians work on each patient where on of them inspects grafts after extractions.

Let me know if you have questions.

I am going to lorenzo for a HT in 1 Month.

I would like to see your results if that is possible?

I had a bad HT 1,5 yrs ago so This time i need it to work.

So pls let me see your current situation.

I am going to lorenzo for a HT in 1 Month.

I would like to see your results if that is possible?

I had a bad HT 1,5 yrs ago so This time i need it to work.

So pls let me see your current situation.

I am still in very early stages, less than 2 months, so nothing much to show. I will post my thread in ~4 months.

I am still in very early stages, less than 2 months, so nothing much to show. I will post my thread in ~4 months.

Have you suffered from shockloss on your non transplantet hairs? Or is it only the HT hairs that has fallen out?

Would you say that you look the same now as you did pre-op?

Have you suffered from shockloss on your non transplantet hairs? Or is it only the HT hairs that has fallen out?

Would you say that you look the same now as you did pre-op?

I did not have any major shockloss (patches or anything like that). I had diffuse hair loss in front, so I did lose some of the existing hairs there (hopefully they will come back).

I'm getting closer to my pre-op state, but I am not there yet. Probably around month 2.5 or 3.

Have a lot of pimples in donor area, which seems to be normal with FUE.

I did not have any major shockloss (patches or anything like that). I had diffuse hair loss in front, so I did lose some of the existing hairs there (hopefully they will come back).

I'm getting closer to my pre-op state, but I am not there yet. Probably around month 2.5 or 3.

Have a lot of pimples in donor area, which seems to be normal with FUE.

Do you have Any advise to give when im going for my HT end of the Month ?

I have got a reply from Pilar Lorenzo.

"You asked me in the last email about extractions, Dr. Lorenzo and Dr. Vila carry out their procedures according to their daily work. They do 100% of the graft placement with the implanters, but they have some help with the extractions. The videos displayed in our website have been done in the same way, before, during and after Dr. Lorenzo stay in UK.In England, Dr. Lorenzo made many repairs cases that required his full attention. All cases are different, some are technically easy, some others not as easy. You know that repair cases and advanced alopecia are the challenges of this team. Be assured that Dr. Lorenzo is behind each patient, you have many new cases in your forum that prove it.​"

Do you have Any advise to give when im going for my HT end of the Month ?

#1 = relax, if you decided to do a HT, Lorenzo is a good choice.

#2 = it will take at least 2 months before you will feel comfortable in public, maybe 3 or 4. Not saying you will have to stay home, but it will be noticable.

#3 = enjoy Madrid/Alcobendas, a very nice place and people.

PM me if you have specific questions.

What Adonix/Pilar said was true

Friend's repair case had some extractions by dr the rest by techs

Maybe dr did some to see how straight forward or not the extractions would be

Not sure

One tech extracted

Another assisted (checked and stored the grafts, I guess)

Does "techs extracting grafts in FUE" differ from "the amount of dependence put upon techs in not only cutting each graft from a strip but also placing them into recipient area" in FUT?

I don't think so.

I think most FUT clinics are more tech dependent than this model used by Lorenzo.

What do you think?

Dr Lorenzo is as good as it gets. I would feel very comfortable going to him even if the techs are doing some / all of the extractions. I'm yet to see an outright bad result from him. You're in safe hands.

I was concerned at first, but when i found out that techs have been doing many of the extractions in Madrid, i realised that this is not a new development, and many of the result i saw and was wowed by had the grafts extracted by techs, which allayed my concerns.

I've seen only one case from Dr Lorenzo that didn't get excellent growth. One patient got poor growth on left side of hairline, eveywhere else was excellent, but Dr Lorenzo offered him a free touch up, and he then got a full result...but out of the many results posted online and including the spanish forums, patient blogs included, it's an impressive amount of home runs.

And as said above, tech do all the implanting in strip, so both procedures techs do a good amount of the work anyway.

What impressed me was a case Dr Lorenzo did on a guy with the thinnest hair, was like 30 microns, this guy got a great yield, and this is with thin delicate fine hair, that sealed it for me, my hair is fine, but thicker than that, and if he can get that guy a great yield i'd be easy in comparison.