SMP into frontal third

Is it a bad idea to add SMP to the front third for a thickening effect or should it only be used on the mid scalp and crown?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Great question. Instead of toppik or nanogen, this may help greatly with a thickening effect. It id temporary, it will be interesting to see how long the thickening lasts. I can see the front being not a bad idea if you want even distribution. I wonder how much it helps with density issues and shockloss areas.

It's not a bad idea at all. I did it and due to the number of grafts I had removed in the frontal third, as well as all the work I had done putting in beard hair, the ink was less effective in achieving a uniform look across the frontal third, but I do not regret the procedure at all. Had I have not had so much pre existing damage in this area it would have been an excellent alternative to further surgery there.

The one drawback might be cost, I don't know if you can get just the frontal third done for less money than if you did the entire top.

In my opinion, the goal of SMP is not to use the most ink for camouflage, it is to use it as sparingly as possible. Rates from the practitioners, however, do not reflect this approach. They charge the same for the frontal third as for the entire scalp. If you can find someone who is willing to work with you on price, this approach is optimal. You can always add more ink later.

Why do you need SMP? You seem to have had a pretty successful HT?

I don't "Need" SMP but my crown is still thin and "SMP Looks" is right in my backyard so I figure why not try and augment what I have as well as thicken up the crown. I have 1500 or so grafts left in the tank but I do not want to use them just yet.

I am going for SMP in the mid scalp and crown as well as maybe a few up front while we are at it.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Let us know how it goes. I noticed that you've kind of reemerged lately on htn. Are you losing ground or is it hair greed and getting used to what you've gained.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Let us know how it goes. I noticed that you've kind of reemerged lately on htn. Are you losing ground or is it hair greed and getting used to what you've gained.

Both:)

Plus researching SMP as well.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts