Anyone leave their bangs long and styled forward after transplant?

It all depends on the density of the hair. If the density is too thin, then combing it directly forward may not appear as full compared to pulling or brushing the hair backwards.

Brushing the hair directly backwards creates illusionary fullness and volume and why many guys style their transplanted hair that way. I do this myself.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

A lot of men don't seem to have bangs in general.

Try finding blogs of female hair transplants or something, they're probably more likely to show a fringe.

It might also be to show the result rather than their hairstyle. I can't imagine density being a big issue with short kind of messy bangs like in your image.

I don't foresee it being a problem. I think you see most guys with transplants combing there hair back simply because that's the way guys style their hair in general - with or without a transplant. I leave mine down sometimes and it works just fine.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I find that most patients tend to revert back to the hair style they know in general not that many guys wear their hair that way, we tend to go back to the way we used to see ourselves before we lost hair. Guys wearing hair systems tend to brush the hair forward in such a way to cover the hairline like Enrique is.

You would need good density to pull off the fringe as Gillenator says brushing it back or across provides better coverage. But there is no restriction on how you wear your hair you will find the best way that suits you and most likely stick with it.

It might take a while to work out this best style and length it did in my case.

Here is the best example I could find of a guy brushing his hair forward into a long fringe.

54853_011eca_f94f33.jpg

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Guys wearing hair systems tend to brush the hair forward in such a way to cover the hairline like Enrique is.

]

Ummm... Are you saying that Enrique wears a hair system?!? I never knew... #shocked

Gonna crawl back under the rock where I foolishly believe all these celebrities really are perfect....

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

No I am not saying that and am not privy to that kind of information but it looks kinda like it might be a system from that photo. He may of course just be blessed with great hair and looks.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

No I am not saying that and am not privy to that kind of information but it looks kinda like it might be a system from that photo. He may of course just be blessed with great hair and looks.

Gotchya. I thought maybe this was one of those "common knowledge" things that everyone supposedly knew and I was just none the wiser. I'm always the last to know these things.

Google does love to talk about his supposed hair system though, so maybeeee. Regardless, it looks great. I'm impressed either way. :cool:

Gotchya. I thought maybe this was one of those "common knowledge" things that everyone supposedly knew and I was just none the wiser. I'm always the last to know these things.

Google does love to talk about his supposed hair system though, so maybeeee. Regardless, it looks great. I'm impressed either way. :cool:

I always assumed he got a hair transplant as I'm not familiar with 'systems'. He was actually one of my inspirations as we have a similar face shape/hair style.

I used to wear hair systems for 11 years and learned very quickly that one of the fundamental issues with them is an over abundance of density.

Oh sure, most all of us would love to have a full dense head of hair however one of the give aways of picking out a system on someone is high density.

And I used to get a lot of double looks until I had my systems reduced to a level of density that was more suited to my age.

Today, you can get some top notch quality systems that are very hard to detect and if an individual has an advanced class of hair loss and yet really wants a full head of hair, then a system can be a good option.

Can be expensive cause like anything else, you get what you pay for...:cool:

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

This is how I've always styled my hair, and how I hope too once my hair grows out. I don't really see why it'd be an issue.

enrique-Iglasias-hair.jpg

I mean Enrique did it.

Pretty sure he wears a partial piece.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It sure appears that way because of the density yet it looks good on him for his age and overall appearance.

Big difference between that and what John Travolta wears.

Gillenator