Time out of body; A very important aspect

Swooping

Introduction

I posted this in a topic where a guy underwent a huge FUE sessions and his grafts were literally bathing for more than 8 hours outside of the body. You see them time from time, mega FUE sessions where the grafts are for a long time outside of the body.

Many people are not aware of how of an important aspect this is in terms to aiming for the most optimal yield of your grafts.

Therefore I think it's a good idea it deserves it own topic. It's really not even a discussion point if it's important to minimize the time outside of the body. It is. The discussion point would be what time is "acceptable". However know that the longer your grafts are outside of your body the more chance you have of potentially compromising your yield. Good storage solutions and methods, are also important. Know that it's always better to play safe than not to play safe. Don't go for insane sessions. Be educated about this aspect.

Arguments to be made for why it is important

In a hair transplant as you may know the graft is exposed to many stress. A few of those are mechanical trauma, dehydration, hypoxia, ATP depletion, cold injury etc. To opt for the highest yield possible you need to keep these stress moments as low as possible.

During a hair transplant when you extract the graft your hair follicle is separated from the blood supply and develops ischaemia (cut off blood supply). This in itself can already can create cell damage in the form of aponecrosis (cell death), due to free radicals and reactive oxygen species. Therefore it's handy to opt for good storage solutions where the grafts bath in during the hair transplantation. You can for example chill the grafts to reduce metabolic activity and use a good storage solutions like Hypothermosol. To keep this stress as low as possible.

Ironically your hair follicle itself lies in a very specific hypoxic (low oxygen) gradient in your dermis (skin). Disrupting this environment by extracting the hair follicle in itself causes stress too. It's simple,not even the best storage medium today which is used will mimic the environment of the hair follicle in the skin. I quote for example some studies

We found that the human dermis is well-oxygenated, the epidermis is modestly hypoxic and portions of some sebaceous glands and hair follicles are moderately to severely hypoxic.(1)

Hypoxia is believed to promote an undifferentiated state in several stem and precursor cell populations (Mohyeldin et al., 2010) and our results suggest that the lower stem cell niche of human hair follicles may also be in hypoxic environment. (2).

There are many other studies which go in depth and really show how specfic and complex this dynamic mini-organ of the hair follicle itself is. It really shows that the hair follicle resides in a very specific micro- and macro (dermal) environment. Again you can't replicate this all you can do is use optimal storage mediums and methods and cut or extract the graft the best you can with the lowest trauma possible.

Now with FUE unlike FUT the extraction process just puts way more stress on the grafts and the hair follicle. With FUT you cut out a skin strip and you can literally work with a microscope to cut out a perfect graft with tissue around it. In FUE however you can't do this as good and the variability to damage the hair follicle or graft is just higher than with FUT. This is already true as FUE shows more viarability with yield. It's also already a good reason that FUT can get away with doing more mega sessions on a day too. It cuts out a perfect grafts with good tissue around it, so the hair follicle is way better protected when it is put outside the body.

Therefore with FUE because you compromise on the extraction process overall, you need to keep other stress factors as low as possible. This definitely includes not doing mega sessions in a day and definitely not insane FUE sessions where your grafts are bathing 8 hours outside of your body or more.

For a concrete study;

Limmer performed an in vivo time out of body study using chilled normal saline with follicular unit grafts. The results were: 2 h, 95%; 4 h, 90%; 6 h, 86%; 8 h, 88%; 24 h, 79%; 48 h, 54%.[45] Limmer related a good ″rule of thumb″, stating that the loss was roughly 1%/hour. Better storage solutions may improve these statistics. (3)

As far as I know these grafts were generally well cut out too with minimal mechanical trauma, although they used less optimal storage mediums as used by most today. I'll dig up the full study later.

It's really the same with organs, in 40 years we didn't really come that far to preserve them way longer even with better protocols. The hair follicle is a organ too, albeit a mini-organ ;). If you want to delve deeper into research why and how this is so hard in general to organ transplants, I added 2 studies on the bottom (4, 5).

faq_q24.gif

1. Oxygen levels in normal and previously irradiated human skin as ass... - PubMed - NCBI

2. Journal of Investigative Dermatology - Human Hair Follicle Stem/Progenitor Cells Express Hypoxia Markers

3. Limmer R. Micrograft survival.

4. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK6156/

5. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3088735/

Conclusion

So all in all it's in patients interest to opt for the highest yield possible and that includes minimizing the time outside of the body (for your grafts) with FUE. If you don't do this , that's fine but know you are not aiming for the optimal yield possible.

Edited by Swooping

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

While I generally agree with you that one must limit the OOBT. For many of these megasessions, I don't think the grafts are out of the body that much longer than the smaller 1.5k graft sessions we see. Why? Say you have a team of two techs extracting with motorized punch, they can extract far more grafts than a single person/tech using a manual punch (Feriduni, Bisanga, Lorenzo, Erdogan etc.). So the OOBT may not necessarily be greater with a 5k megasession IMO. So I am not convinced that it is the reason for poor yield with megasessions. Furthermore, even the surgeons who do smaller sessions like Lorenzo keep the grafts out of the body for something like 6 hours.

While I generally agree with you that one must limit the OOBT. For many of these megasessions, I don't think the grafts are out of the body that much longer than the smaller 1.5k graft sessions we see. Why? Say you have a team of two techs extracting with motorized punch, they can extract far more grafts than a single person/tech using a manual punch (Feriduni, Bisanga, Lorenzo, Erdogan etc.). So the OOBT may not necessarily be greater with a 5k megasession IMO.

Yes you bring up a very good point. Mega sessions doesn't have to mean that the grafts are for a long time outside of the body. A team can also decide to extract for example, say 1000 hair follicles and implant them and subsequently extract 1000 again and implant them and do another 1000 the same way.

BTW I want to add to this, that you can be damn sure the top practitioners generally are using good storage methods and mediums (protocols). That is an important aspect too. I don't think these guys are using ordinary normal saline. Putting your grafts 8 hours in normal saline or 8 hours in Hypothermosol with ATP for example , can definitely make a difference too in the eventual yield. Hypothermosol is btw like 50x more expensive than normal saline too.

Edited by Swooping

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

you really don't know wat u are talking about! u keep stating in different posts that FUE doesn't have the same yield as FUT. stop spreading rumors that cannot back up with anything other then ur opinion. a lot of lurkers come up here looking for direction and ur direction is completely wrong!

again, the survivability rate between FUT and FUE grafts are the same. Erdogan, Frediuni, bisanga, doganay, lorenzo, rahal, feller, umar etc.... ALL have a nearly 100% yield while performing FUE so u can theorize all u want but that FACT remains that either FUE or FUT will provide the same yield these days.

unless you think their results don't indicate such? cause in the end THAT is wat matters! the results! NOT theoretical opinions.

and plenty of them regularly perform 5000+ grafts. just a few years ago 5000 grafts was considered a MEGA session. now its a common procedure performed over two days and plenty of them perform 6000+ grafts as well.

it appears as tho ur looking for personal reasons to chose FUT over FUE. probably cause its cheaper and it is no doubt. but don't BS urself into thinking the yield will be better with FUT so therefore one shud chose such procedure. the FACTS don't support ur opinion.

RESULTS are wat matters and results from FUE these days are the reason FUE is becoming the Gold Standard for those looking for a HT that leaves them with no evidence of a HT. look at before and after results posted by patients these days on this forum. the MAJORITY of them are FUE not FUT. and that aint cause its cheaper.....

statistically around the world I wud think FUT is more popular but thats because ppl are ignorant and watch late nite Bosely commercials OR simply can't afford FUE but that again wud be due to their ignorance cause everyone knows u can fly to Turkey and get great results FUE for cheaper then FUT here in the states.

Edited by BUSA

I think that many doctors will say that fue has a bit more unpredictable yield, but I also think that fue can have a lower amount of OOBT because you can pull 500, plant 500, and so on if you wanted to. Don't want to really debate the issue, just my thoughts on it.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

you really don't know wat u are talking about! u keep stating in different posts that FUE doesn't have the same yield as FUT. stop spreading rumors that cannot back up with anything other then ur opinion.

again, the survivability rate between FUT and FUE grafts are the same. Erdogan, Frediuni, bisanga, doganay, lorenzo, rahal, feller, umar etc.... ALL have a nearly 100% yield while performing FUE so u can theorize all u want but that FACT remains that either FUE or FUT will provide the same yield these days.

unless you think their results don't indicate such? cause in the end THAT is wat matters! the results! NOT theoretical opinions.

and plenty of them regularly perform 5000+ grafts. just a few years ago 5000 grafts was considered a MEGA session. now its a common procedure performed over two days and plenty of them perform 6000+ grafts as well.

Watch out we someone who is trapped on his tiny willy, because he thinks i'm pro FUT.

The stress to the grafts is higher with FUE than with FUT, doesn't make sense to think otherwise. Also quite laughable you think they all have close to 100% yield. Get into reality. These guys have multiple platients a day what you see online posted is a fraction. You don't see the lower yield examples. They showcase their best results.

Besides that, this story isn't about your well beloved Erdogan. I know you fantasize about him every day in your bed, we all see that.

This story is to educate people so they are not clueless about several aspects which attribute to a success to a hair transplant. That includes not putting the grafts outside of the body for too long and using good protocols in the form of mediums and storage methods. These top doctors generally are spot on with this. Others may not.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

don't feel dumb cause uve made a fool out of urself making claims that u cannot back up. ur not educating anyone. ur spreading rumors.

Beloved Erdogan lmao... that just shows how clueless u really are cause he is one the best HT in the world but I'm sure you know a lot more then he does and all the other top FUE doctors so maybe you shud express ur dislike of FUE yield to them and see wat they say?

I will be waiting for ur new thread to address those question to the top FUE doctors to see wat they say to ur theories.....:rolleyes:

so I guess Frediuni, bisanga, doganay, lorenzo, rahal, feller, umar ALL must get real lucky every time they perform a HT huh? ur clueless dude and again STOP spreading rumors and making a fool out of urself! smh

Watch out we someone who is trapped on his tiny willy, because he thinks i'm pro FUT.

The stress to the grafts is higher with FUE than with FUT, doesn't make sense to think otherwise. Also quite laughable you think they all have close to 100% yield. Get into reality. These guys have multiple platients a day what you see online posted is a fraction. You don't see the lower yield examples. They showcase their best results.

Besides that, this story isn't about your well beloved Erdogan. I know you fantasize about him every day in your bed, we all see that.

This story is to educate people so they are not clueless about several aspects which attribute to a success to a hair transplant. That includes not putting the grafts outside of the body for too long and using good protocols in the form of mediums and storage methods. These top doctors generally are spot on with this. Others may not.

don't feel dumb cause uve made a fool out of urself making claims that u cannot back up. ur not educating anyone. ur spreading rumors. Beloved Erdogan lmao... so I guess Frediuni, bisanga, doganay, lorenzo, rahal, feller, umar ALL must get real lucky every time they perform a HT huh? ur clueless dude and again STOP spreading rumors! smh

Spreading rumors? You think the mechanical stress is the same with FUT as with FUE? Where do you think the transection and damage to the follicle is more present? In FUT where you have a 3D overview of the tissue or in FUE where you don't?

BUSA claims I all do this to convince myself of going for a FUT procedure, haha. Maniac. This topic wasn't a FUE vs FUT debate anyway what the hell are you talking about? Secondly I went for a FUE procedure myself recently with Dr. Hakan Doganay, so that kinda explains your insanity. Please stay on topic, and don't make this a FUT vs FUE debate, thanks.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

you can theorize about mechanical stress all u want as ppl have done for the last decade referring to FUE. in fact, at one time FUE was thought to only be safe with 2000 grafts or less.

top FUE doctors are not experiencing transection these days with better tools and techniques. and wen u carve a huge chunk of flesh from someones scalp wat do u think happens to hundreds of grafts while the knife slices thru them to remove the chuck of flesh?

were referring to YIELD here right? are you saying that the top FUE doctors are not seeing excellent yield with FUE?

and yes the yield these days with FUE is near 100% with the doctors I have mentioned as well as probably 20 others I didn't.

Spreading rumors? You think the mechanical stress is the same with FUT as with FUE? Where do you think the transection and damage to the follicle is more present? In FUT where you have a 3D overview of the tissue or in FUE where you don't?

Manic lol. This topic wasn't a FUE vs FUT debate anyway what the hell are you talking about? Secondly I went for a FUE procedure myself recently with Dr. Hakan Doganay, so that kinda explains your insanity. Please stay on topic, and don't make this a FUT vs FUE debate, thanks.

busa,

Ask a doc, any doc who specializes in both FUT and FUE which procedure results in less variability and and higher predictablity in terms of yield, transection rate, and graft quality. I think you'll be pretty surprised what you find. Whether or not that's largely due to OOBT or other factors mention by OP I don't know, but I'm sure it has something to do with it.

If those factors don't matter for you then a different point of view maybe isn't worth exploring.

you can theorize about mechanical stress all u want as ppl have done for the last decade referring to FUE. in fact, at one time FUE was thought to only be safe with 2000 grafts or less.

top FUE doctors are not experiencing transection these days with better tools and techniques. and wen u carve a huge chunk of flesh from someones scalp wat do u think happens to hundreds of grafts while the knife slices thru them to remove the chuck of flesh?

were referring to YIELD here right? are you saying that the top FUE doctors are not seeing excellent yield with FUE?

and yes the yield these days with FUE is near 100% with the doctors I have mentioned as well as probably 20 others I didn't.

That's not what this topic is about dude. No it's not theorizing, the mechanical stress will always be higher with FUE even with the tools currently used. The top doctors or technicians who perform FUE are so skilled that they minimize this. But overall the mechanical stress will be higher with FUE. I only said that FUE has more variability in yield (for grafts that are really placed in the recipient), and I do think this, albeit it's perhaps negligible if you put a top practitioner in FUT vs one in FUE.

That's what this topic was not about. It's about doing mega sessions with high time out of body for the grafts. You think all of the tops guy in FUE allow time out of body times of let's say 8 hours in normal saline? I bet you they don't. Therefore it's important to people to know that they have a good protocol in this.

As you see more and more people are going to less known cheaper clinics. Therefore it's good to be educated on this subject. For example if you go to a unknown clinic and they want to do a 4000 graft session on your head with 4 people in a 12 hour long session in normal saline you know something isn't right and you shouldn't comply with this. Well you can, but it's not a smart thing to do. You make this a FUE vs FUT debate on one little sentence I wrote and interpret it totally in the wrong way, chill out dude.

So please stay on topic. Hopefully more people still want to comment/give their thoughts on this lol.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

BTW I want to add to this, that you can be damn sure the top practitioners generally are using good storage methods and mediums (protocols). That is an important aspect too. I don't think these guys are using ordinary normal saline. Putting your grafts 8 hours in normal saline or 8 hours in Hypothermosol with ATP for example , can definitely make a difference too in the eventual yield. Hypothermosol is btw like 50x more expensive than normal saline too.

Very important point. It would be interesting to learn what the clinics use for storage. Hopefully we can see more clinics discuss this in their presentation.

I think that many doctors will say that fue has a bit more unpredictable yield, but I also think that fue can have a lower amount of OOBT because you can pull 500, plant 500, and so on if you wanted to. Don't want to really debate the issue, just my thoughts on it.

Indeed, it seems Resul Yaman who has started posting here recently is doing this, but with sessions of 1k grafts.

I think swooping has raised up a very good question that we should be very interested in but rarely gets enough discussion.

Let's face it who would not want to know imformation that could impact largely on the results?

Have a good day

Very important point. It would be interesting to learn what the clinics use for storage. Hopefully we can see more clinics discuss this in their presentation.

fue grafts would definitely have more mechanical stress than fut grafts and devoid of thicker tissue covering would make it more vulnerable to injury if it is outside the body for longer duration. but advantage with fue when you have made pre made slits these FUE grafts can be transplanted simultaneously along with extraction process.even with mega sessions they are hardly outside the body for more than 30 min with breakup of each session for 800-1000 grafts.In FUT when you harvest bigger strip the time for the graft staying outside is more. Pt cannot have frequent breaks since you want the grafts to be transplanted at the earliest.

Yes that's exactly where I'm at. But it is exactly this extra protective tissue that is important for protection of the hair follicle. There is no doubt, that especially the bulb wherein the dermal papilla lies is extremely vulnerable to oxidative stress and mechanical damage/stress (bulge also btw). Having a perfect graft cut out vs a "graft" that is stripped from the encompassing tissue will matter in the time they will survive when they are outside of the body.

graft-quality_fue-fut_sm.jpg

If we look for example at this picture we see that the left hair follicle is well cut out while the right one is stripped from connective tissue at the bulb. This exposes the bulb which is very delicate, and this part is extremely vulnerable to oxidative stress. This has been pointed out in many studies by world class researchers. Obviously they can both survive, but the left one will have a way easier time surviving out of the body for a longer time, no doubt. Therefore with the right graft it is even more important to load it back as soon as possible in the recipient. Or to at least use good storage solutions to minimize the oxidative stress outside of the body, or both off course. After all in vitro nothing is going to repair this tissue, in vivo however this is a whole different story.

I just found this review which is much better and goes about the same subject;

http://biolifesolutions.com/biopreservation-media/Bio-Considerations-During-Hair-Transplantation-ajm.pdf

solutionss.jpg

Definitely a good read for everyone, I suggest everyone to read it fully. If you want to aim for the best that includes using the best protocols, these include storage solutions and time out of body times. At least don't fall for ridiculous protocols. Just some food for thought...

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

as already stated the grafts are not outside of the body for very long. in fact, they are outside the body longer with FUT then with FUE. grafts are put in one after another with pre-made slits so their inserted at the same time as the extraction process unlike FUT.

FUT grafts will absolutely be outside the body longer so according to ur theory FUE grafts are subject to less trauma then FUT grafts.

don't you think the top FUE doctors have already figured out how and where to store grafts wen takn from the scalp and wat solutions they shud be in?

you act like FUE is new and FUE surgeons need to read ur thread so they can learn how to properly store FUE grafts so they don't get damaged. this is old news.... this shiit has already been figured out YEARS ago!

you seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of YIELD. yield is determined by skin, hair quality and most importantly surgeon SKILL! during the FUE extraction process the size of the punch needles plays a decisive role. the right type of incisions helps grafts to quickly connect up to blood vessels and nerves making the survival rate increase.

being FUE or FUT really doesn't make a difference. a realistic yield from top FUE surgeons these days is over 90% and many times 100%. same for FUT.

hair density (30 - 90 FUs per cm) is likely with both techniques as long as the patient is a good candidate. which ever type of extraction method has no real discernible influence on the end result.

you keep harping on the bulb and how its thinner. it doesn't mean anything if the right precausions are taken wen handling them and placing them in the proper solution being a physiological solution that corresponds to the human body which is done in EVERY top clinic on the planet.

and the fact remains FUE patients these days who get a HT look great! you being a perfect example.

Yes that's exactly where I'm at. But it is exactly this extra protective tissue that is important for protection of the hair follicle. There is no doubt, that especially the bulb wherein the dermal papilla lies is extremely vulnerable to oxidative stress and mechanical damage/stress (bulge also btw). Having a perfect graft cut out vs a "graft" that is stripped from the encompassing tissue will matter in the time they will survive when they are outside of the body.

graft-quality_fue-fut_sm.jpg

If we look for example at this picture we see that the left hair follicle is well cut out while the right one is stripped from connective tissue at the bulb. This exposes the bulb which is very delicate, and this part is extremely vulnerable to oxidative stress. This has been pointed out in many studies by world class researchers. Obviously they can both survive, but the left one will have a way easier time surviving out of the body for a longer time, no doubt. Therefore with the right graft it is even more important to load it back as soon as possible in the recipient. Or to at least use good storage solutions to minimize the oxidative stress outside of the body, or both off course. After all in vitro nothing is going to repair this tissue, in vivo however this is a whole different story.

I just found this review which is much better and goes about the same subject;

http://biolifesolutions.com/biopreservation-media/Bio-Considerations-During-Hair-Transplantation-ajm.pdf

solutionss.jpg

Definitely a good read for everyone, I suggest everyone to read it fully. If you want to aim for the best that includes using the best protocols, these include storage solutions and time out of body times. At least don't fall for ridiculous protocols. Just some food for thought...

as already stated the grafts are not outside of the body for very long. in fact, they are outside the body longer with FUT then with FUE. grafts are put in one after another with pre-made slits so their inserted at the same time as the extraction process unlike FUT.

FUT grafts will absolutely be outside the body longer so according to ur theory FUE grafts are subject to less trauma then FUT grafts.

don't you think the top FUE doctors have already figured out how and where to store grafts wen takn from the scalp and wat solutions they shud be in?

you act like FUE is new and FUE surgeons need to read ur thread so they can learn how to properly store FUE grafts so they don't get damaged. this is old news.... this shiit has already been figured out YEARS ago!

you seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of YIELD. yield is determined by skin, hair quality and most importantly surgeon SKILL! during the FUE extraction process the size of the punch needles plays a decisive role. the right type of incisions helps grafts to quickly connect up to blood vessels and nerves making the survival rate increase.

being FUE or FUT really doesn't make a difference. a realistic yield from top FUE surgeons these days is over 90% and many times 100%. same for FUT.

hair density (30 - 90 FUs per cm) is likely with both techniques as long as the patient is a good candidate. which ever type of extraction method has no real discernible influence on the end result.

you keep harping on the bulb and how its thinner. it doesn't mean anything if the right precausions are taken wen handling them and placing them in the proper solution being a physiological solution that corresponds to the human body which is done in EVERY top clinic on the planet.

and the fact remains FUE patients these days who get a HT look great! you being a perfect example.

BUSA. Look with FUT because a graft can be cut out with a microscope you can almost always assure the graft gets a perfect cut. This includes the tissue around the hair follicle itself. This tissue is important as it protects the hair follicle itself. Also when you remove a skin strip and you don't start cutting, the hair follicles are still in the skin and the hair follicle is still protected heavily within the dermal environment.

With FUE with a good skilled surgeon often the graft can be extracted exactly the same way as with FUT I agree. A good graft can be just the same way as extracted as with FUT with the same protective tissue around the hair follicle. However the variability is higher in FUE herein. Even in the most skilled hands grafts with FUE will sometimes suffer from transection or damage or a graft which is lacking from the protective tissue around the hair follicle. Simply because with FUE you don't have such a nice 3D view with a microscope to start cutting your way. That's why the mechanical stress and graft quality with FUE has a higher variable.

That doesn't mean that this is a problem. In fact we see from practice that when we compare a top practitioner in FUT vs FUE the yields are probably negligible and the same. Never did I argue that the top FUE surgeons/clinics should be educated on this subject. That's because they know damn well that their protocol should be top notch that includes time out of body & storage solutions (or at least one of these aspects). I really don't see them doing 8+ hour sessions with a bad storage solution & method. For example I wonder what Erdogan his yields would be if he didn't use Hypothermosol mixed with ATP and subsequently wouldn't ask his patients to spray their scalp every 2 hours with ATP. It would matter trust me, maybe not in every patient but I am sure it would affect some in a statistically significant way.

Nonetheless, this was never a FUE vs FUT debacle. I just think that FUT gets a head start in the extraction process if we look at the overall graft quality. Is this a problem when all other things are being cared of? Like skill of the surgeon/technician, good protocols etc. No, not at all!

However I made this topic in response to a guy who underwent a 12+ hour long session of FUE.

Looking at the forum (I just joined), it seems many people are going to less known clinics top FUE practitioners. It's important to be well educated as a potential customer when going to these clinics about this subject in my opinion. That really includes not going for insane out of body times. Storage & method solutions are important too in my opinion. If you go to a less skilled guy who extracts your hair follicles and the overall damage to the grafts is higher than from a top practitioner, these factors become even more important! Trust me. I can give you tons of studies who acknowledge this concept even on a molecular level. It is for these people that this information is especially important & handy. At least I think it is.

Edited by Swooping

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Good stuff, do you know what Hakan used for storage? I wonder if we can embed these grafts with some of that Aape.

Hypothermosol mixed with PRP. AAPE is interesting indeed, I wonder what impact it can have as a treatment for AGA too.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Just for the record Lorenzo because he does all the implantations himself and has multiple cases going has had grafts stored for up to 6 hours in my observation without much concern. I do not know what solution he uses but patients spray their donor area post op with plain saline.

Edited by hairweare

In ISHRS conference at San francisco and Malaysia much was talked about these solutions .ultimately it was concluded newer storage solution will help in improving the bit extra graft survival in a successful HTclinic. But graft drying is considered more dangerous even if you use whatever storage solution .As I said earlier with FUE you have the privilege of transplanting the grafts simultaneously after harvesting.

As evidenced based studies are missing and concurrent concepts are not confirmed or falsified. any hair transplant surgeon has the freedom to choose the solution that fits best in his experience and office needs including the financial status of his patients.