HELP I've been a plonker! Turkey FUE

TheLGM

Guys,

I fear I've been a plonker and allowed myself to be tempted into a cheap Istanbul FUE procedure!

I won't mention the name of the place, but I've been promised around 4,000 grafts for 1,590 Euros. I did a bit of research and could only find positive reviews on 'whatclinic' and 'realself'. I ended up having a few beers the other night and felt 'over confident' and booked my flights and clinic! After a bit of digging around, it seems this clinic only use Technicians, hence the low labour costs. This is making me very nervous and I don't think I can take the risk. Yes, I know I'm an idiot for jumping in, I honestly thought I'd done my research, but I think the price (and beer) blinded my judgement.

So guys, I can't get my money back on flights so I need to find a good clinic who can perform a FUE on the 13th March (Friday the 13th!). I'm thinking Dr. Erkan Demirsoy, or Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz. I can't really afford more than 1.25 Euro per graft.

Any advice would be appreciated (drink less beer perhaps).

Help!!!!!

Both good doctors you have chooson. The both of them are heavily involved in the procedure which you want as a patient. Demirsoy seems to be getting the votes over karadeniz because hes more known then dr karadeniz but that doesnt mean ones overly better then the other imo

You can google bunch of photos what demirsoy has done but you cant really ser any patieny stories on thid forum which baffles me yo be honest.

Dr karadeniz has quite a few on this forum you can look and judge for your self one patient story i know of campbell is in hes 8 month mark with dr karadeniz just waiting for an update. Ive spoke to him a couple times and he seems happy with the result so far but then theres a recent thread roscco made and he stressed that katadeniz's patient care isnt all that good but seems to be happy with the results abiet its relatively still early to judge just yet to know weather its going to be any good or not.

One thing ill say about him as well is hes pricing structure is all over the place i think he just wants patients so he just chucks a price at you it seems which is a bit strange i must say.

Just do a lot of research and read threw stories and im sure you will choise the right one when you sober thst is..haha

Good luck buddy

In your shoes, TheLGM, I would cancel the procedure with the technician clinic and not book a different clinic right now. Trying to salvage the date under this kind of pressure isn't ideal. If you don't take the flights you have alredy booked, won't you be able to use the flights at another time within the year, possibly with a modest change feee? If not, perhaps you could instead use the flights and hopefully book some in-person consults with three or four reputablee docs in Instanbul, including the ones you mentioned. Some clinics will offer you installment plans or financing.

Don't feel too bad about being lured by this sort of clinic. It and its reps have been engaged in a heavy promotional campaign on multiple forums, including this one.

Have a pint (or three), and proceed cautiously!

Same here demistoy does nice work IMO and is very hands on.

So your not going to name the clinic you had drunkenly thought of ?

I would go definitely for Dr. Erkan Demirsoy then. Seen some nice work from him.

Would definitely not go for Karadeniz.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I really appreciate the quick responses.

I'm currently waiting to hear back from Dr Demirsoy's agent Clemens Weber. I've asked if there is any availability for Friday 13th March, I'm really hoping I get a response soonish. If its a no, then I'm going to cancel the flight tickets and take the hit. I might try and claim it back from the credit card company, maybe explaining that I was miss-sold the procedure?

I had previously been recommended Dr Demirsoy by another member called 'mm015'. He has posted a really detailed journey on this forum and had excellent results. I messaged him for advice and he kindly called me for a chat about his experience. But being an idiot I went with the cheaper option! DOH!!!

I'm surprised that no one on this forum has posted an actual experience with one of these cheaper Technician run clinics. I guess most people here are more careful!

In your shoes, TheLGM, I would cancel the procedure with the technician clinic and not book a different clinic right now. Trying to salvage the date under this kind of pressure isn't ideal. If you don't take the flights you have alredy booked, won't you be able to use the flights at another time within the year, possibly with a modest change feee? If not, perhaps you could instead use the flights and hopefully book some in-person consults with three or four reputablee docs in Instanbul, including the ones you mentioned. Some clinics will offer you installment plans or financing.

Don't feel too bad about being lured by this sort of clinic. It and its reps have been engaged in a heavy promotional campaign on multiple forums, including this one.

Have a pint (or three), and proceed cautiously!

Great advice, don't really need to add anything to this, it covers all you need to know.

Worst case: Take the flight and do some in person consults (no surgery) and that can help you be an informed consumer who makes the right choices the first time.

Best case: Pay a rescheduling fee and have your procedure done in 6 months, after you have thoroughly researched all your doctor options, viewed patient results, and been in contact with the clinic on multiple occasions, and have all your questions answered.

Research is what allows you to ask the right questions. ;)

Also, you can likely get payment to your C.C. canceled if you tell them the clinic in question was dodgy and you canceled after finding out you were misled, just have a thorough explanation in advance.

These are all very sound advices. If you can't cancel your flight do some consultations with Karadeniz, Koray Erdogan, Erkan Demirsoy say the least.

By the by, it's sorta nonsence I can't afford more than 1.25 € thing. Just get the half of the grafts for now and get another HT when you save enough for another round. I don't think you can afford a bad HT for any kind of $$$ in the world.

So guys, I can't get my money back on flights so I need to find a good clinic who can perform a FUE on the 13th March (Friday the 13th!). I'm thinking Dr. Erkan Demirsoy, or Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz. I can't really afford more than 1.25 Euro per graft. /QUOTE]

I believe demirsoy is close to this price for a 4000 graft procedure and IMO is probably your best option as Erdoğan only does the incisions by all accounts now.

Did you here back whether the date your after is available with demirsoy?

Ask his rep for photos if you cannot find out enough info looking yourself.

His work is top notch I've been a fan of his and Erdoğans for years now but we don't see enough of his work.

Would love to see him recommended here but I don't think he needs this place

Whatever you decide good luck.

Have a nice day

Honoring that flight is apparently of greater importance that what will happen to your hair for the rest for your life?

This is a recipe for unhappiness that will start with - 'But I had the Ticket".

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.