Dr. Edrogan v Dr. Feriduni

I've narrowed my FUE down to these two Drs. (yes I know about Dr. Lorenzo, amazing yield, not my type of hairlines per se).

I am a NW3v I gues with hair that looks better than it actually is (a good thing).most FUE Drs. agree 2500 to rebuild strong hariline from forelock, temple points, and then 1000-1500 to do zones 3-5.

It is hard to not like anything about Dr.Feridun; great yield, super soft and natural hairlines, apparentely impeccable patient interaction and clinic, and so far have not seen one subpar result or heard one negative comment about him, his staff or his clinic. On the other hand I have yet to see a 4k or 4k+ FUE from him.

Dr. Edrogan on the other hand seems to specialize in 4k-4.5k FUES with what appear tobe astonishing results (yeah I've seen the wet vs dry not such a concern for me). Does anyone have any concrete fedback on Dr. Edrogan, especially negative? I pretty much know I'll get a good result from Dr. Feriduni, yet probably capped out at under 4k. On the other hand my chances of a home run result seem to be with Dr. Edrogan. Since he is somewhat of an unknown to me that also means a chance of a bad result.

So (other than wet v dry pic complaints) does anyone have any useful information on things to be concerned about, or would you think I could safely book at 4700 graft HT with him (his analysis for a 'perfect result') and expect excellent results? One minor plus is that he will be 5000 Euro LESS for 700 more grafts.

Ok so leaving out practical things like when and how much, if both were available tomorrow for free and would come to my house with their staff (Dr. Erdogan would have a harder time since he'd need to bring the PRP but that aside) can you think of a good reason to NOT go with Dr. Erdogan? My only good reason for thinking Dr. Feriduni might not be the right choice is everyone I've spoken to says around 4k (Dr. E says almost 5) and I have not seen any 4k FUE from him. Otherwise his results are outstanding. Dr. E has many many outstanding 4+k FUEs. So are there any hidden negatives I am not accounting for?

I think both of these surgeons are really solid when it comes to their FUE work.

Some have stated that they feel that Edrogan and some of the other Turkish docs don't take into account donor preservation for future procedures that younger patients will likely need. if I was 25-35 this would be a concern. His graft estimates seem to be be on the high end. On the inverse of this he also seems to be able be max out potential donor capacity and he has several patients in which he lists their donor capacity at 8500-10000 grafts. He is pure manual FUE which I feel is the best extraction method to protect those precious grafts. I am not a fan of the wet/dry before and after photos. I am not sure why the clinic presents their results in this fashion as I feel that would be very good either way. I think the lack of transparency on the before/after tends to bother some. Overall I think for the money he is a very solid option for. FUE work and his pricing structure is very FAIR.

Feriduni is also an excellent surgeon and is one of the best options for FUE work. His results are typically quite strong. He is tough to get an appointment with and some have said he is booked out as far as 9-12 months. As you mentioned I think he focuses more on the smaller FUE sessions as opposed to Dr E who seems to constantly be doing larger FUE SESSIONS. HIS temple and hairline work is quite impressive and natural as well. I think his pricing is fair but is a little higher than what Dr E. Charges.

As Gram mentioned the recent 6 month result for Dr F. Is a bit concerning but the next 2-3 months that could change.

I think both are solid and everyone will have an opinion on who they prefer especially former patients. I would look at your individual case and weigh the pros/cons of each surgeon and see which surgeon best fits YOUR needs and proceed form their.

Man one thing that is clear when you see his posted results; he LOADS up on 3s and 2s.I mean as in 1/2to 2/3 of his grafts are threes. THat is some serious cherry picking. Like Dr. Reddy on steroids. I do like his work but often his hairline looks a little harsh, that could be the explanation. I wonder if one could ask for more 1s and 2s for hairline?

Hello ready.

I know your gathering as much info as possible which is very wise but at the end of the day its your decision which must be based on your research of these two drs.

Do a check list.

Do three sections

List one dr Erdogans + points

List two dr Feriduni's + points.

List three list all that you are looking to achieve with the ht.

Then compare list one and two to list three to see which ticks the most boxes.

Its not as simple as this obviously but it may help a little.

One things for sure you've picked to excellent drs that in my opinion you can't go wrong with.

Do you require the soft hairline or the coverage and density most.

If its the hairline dr feriduni if its coverage and density its dr Erdogan.

Have a nice day

Hello ready.

I know your gathering as much info as possible which is very wise but at the end of the day its your decision which must be based on your research of these two drs.

Do a check list.

Do three sections

List one dr Erdogans + points

List two dr Feriduni's + points.

List three list all that you are looking to achieve with the ht.

Then compare list one and two to list three to see which ticks the most boxes.

Its not as simple as this obviously but it may help a little.

One things for sure you've picked to excellent drs that in my opinion you can't go wrong with.

Do you require the soft hairline or the coverage and density most.

If its the hairline dr feriduni if its coverage and density its dr Erdogan.

Have a nice day

Hi thanks, pretty much I have done that already:

Dr. Feriduni means soft nice hairline, probably not as much coverage/density or grafts and almost negligible possibility of a miss,but probably not huge opportunity for a home run. Possibly I can ask him to do a two day high yield FUE but i haven't seen those from him yet.

Dr. Edrogan means crazy # of grafts and coverage, probably good hair line but not as soft edges (unless I can ask for some extra 1s up front), good to great chance for a home run that at my age would be great, but possibly (again due to unknowns) a bigger chance for a fail or not great result. The latter is only because I still have some question marks about him, having not had the chance to extensively research his work and/or uncover bad results or unhappy patients. The worst i can come up with (besides wet vs dry) is that he is too aggressive with younger patients and doesn't take into account future loss but that doesn't apply to me. To date on the other hand I found no bad reviews of Dr. Feriduni's results, manner, clinic or techs.

So mostly it is weighing this; would I rather go for higher odds of a knock out result along with higher odds of a 'failure' (which would include a dense but clearly obvious HT) or go for higher odds of a nice result and higher odds of not getting a home run. Clearly only I can determine that, but I started the thread to see if I could uncover any dark secrets or criticisms that might up the odds of a poor result.

I don't think his issue is nape hairs; if you take a look at his results he loads up on 3 hair FUs and then 2 hair FUs and has VERY few 1 hair FUs. Compare his breakdown of 1/2/3 vs Dr.Feriduni it is night and day. Often Dr. Feriduni uses NO 3 hair/multiple FUs. and generally is 50/50 on 1 and 2s. Dr. Feriduni uses ~ 33% to 50% 1s, Dr. Erdogan uses 10%-15%. This explains his tremendous yield. So you'd really have to ask him to dial that back or just add say another 500 or so single hair FUs to your hairline to maintain his density AND add the softness. But yes, I totally agree expressing your concerns to any HT surgeon about any of his procedures makes sense.

I don't think that Dr. Erdogan, or any other competent ht doc, implants anything other than 1's in the frontmost zone of the hairline. The issue with his hairlines (some don't think there is an issue and love them) is his preference for a "tight" hairline. He uses very little irregularity/micro-irregularity (zigzagging, spokes, peninsulas, "palsy," outliers, etc) along his fromtal hairlines compared to other docs. That just seems to be his aesthetic and his "thing." I don't know if you could persuade him to exaggerate the irregularity a bit for your case, but I personally think this would add some naturalness to his hairline work, which, to me, can appear a bit harsh. Otherwise his work generally looks outstanding. And as I say, what I see as harsh and somewhat unnatural others see as ideal.

I don't think that Dr. Erdogan, or any other competent ht doc, implants anything other than 1's in the frontmost zone of the hairline. The issue with his hairlines (some don't think there is an issue and love them) is his preference for a "tight" hairline. He uses very little irregularity/micro-irregularity (zigzagging, spokes, peninsulas, "palsy," outliers, etc) along his fromtal hairlines compared to other docs. That just seems to be his aesthetic and his "thing." I don't know if you could persuade him to exaggerate the irregularity a bit for your case, but I personally think this would add some naturalness to his hairline work, which, to me, can appear a bit harsh. Otherwise his work generally looks outstanding. And as I say, what I see as harsh and somewhat unnatural others see as ideal.

If you look at his breakdowns they are in fact HUGE on 3s and sparse on 1s. He uses 1/2 to 1/3 not only of the ratio but the total 1s Dr. Feriduni does. Dr. Feriduni has been known to say he believes the most natural hts are the 1s and 2s and tries to stay away from 3s and 4s (go see, he has a handful of results with NO 3s). I guess there is a trade off of course. I'd agree that adding some irregularity would help. Often on his work you see a 'halo' or hair around the hairline where more irregularity would help greatly. It WOULD be interesting to see his willingness to customize that a bit for a client.

Both put out incredible results and I consider both to be top tier FUE physicians.

One thing I will mention is that my personal experience with Dr Feriduni was that he is a lovely human being. I had a 30 minute Skype consultation with the good Doctor and he was sympathetic, comforting, detailed, personable and humble. He answered a plethora of questions in detail. Certainly a doctor you want in your corner. At no time before, during or after the consult was a pressured into putting down a deposit or booking a procedure date by Dr Feriduni or anyone from his clinic. I like Dr Feriduni alot. I have never had a one on one consult with Dr Erdogan(would love to) so I cant speak from personal experience about him, but Dr Feriduni really stunned me.

Both put out incredible results and I consider both to be top tier FUE physicians.

One thing I will mention is that my personal experience with Dr Feriduni was that he is a lovely human being. I had a 30 minute Skype consultation with the good Doctor and he was sympathetic, comforting, detailed, personable and humble. He answered a plethora of questions in detail. Certainly a doctor you want in your corner. At no time before, during or after the consult was a pressured into putting down a deposit or booking a procedure date by Dr Feriduni or anyone from his clinic. I like Dr Feriduni alot. I have never had a one on one consult with Dr Erdogan(would love to) so I cant speak from personal experience about him, but Dr Feriduni really stunned me.

It is comments like that which I've read countless times from patients that made and make Dr. Feriduni my top choice. Every single word I've reead about him, his commitment to his patients, his 'bedside manner', his clinic, his techs and his work make it clear he is just the Dr. you want in your corner. My only issue/concern is is he the one you want in your 4k+ FUE corner?

At first I was concerned that Dr. Erdogan was more of a 2nd rate mill with a first rate Dr. but after watching some great vids of his surgeries and techniques and technology I was quite quite impressed; top of the line clinic and procedures.

I am leaning towards Dr. Erdogan only because I do not know if Dr. Feriduni can commit to a 4k+ FUE and I don't have any example of his 4k FUE work.

Probably the most agonizing last step of this process.

Dr Feriduni is a nice guy, however I have not received one email from his clinic since my procedure two months ago to say hey how's it going etc, which strikes me as a little odd after spending the best part of 15k, or do I have unrealistic expectations of post op after care/communication?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear ready4Hair,

Thank you for your most positive comments. Please be informed that graft number should not be the only criteria for choosing your doctor. There are many facets that come into play when deciding on which surgeon is best for you.

You have mentioned Dr. Lorenzo and Dr. Feriduni who are esteemed colleagues in the field. We respect their work and have been involved in numerous educational workshops together. Whatever your decision, regarding before mentioned surgeons, you are sure to be pleased with the results.

I've narrowed my FUE down to these two Drs. (yes I know about Dr. Lorenzo, amazing yield, not my type of hairlines per se).

I am a NW3v I gues with hair that looks better than it actually is (a good thing).most FUE Drs. agree 2500 to rebuild strong hariline from forelock, temple points, and then 1000-1500 to do zones 3-5.

It is hard to not like anything about Dr.Feridun; great yield, super soft and natural hairlines, apparentely impeccable patient interaction and clinic, and so far have not seen one subpar result or heard one negative comment about him, his staff or his clinic. On the other hand I have yet to see a 4k or 4k+ FUE from him.

Dr. Edrogan on the other hand seems to specialize in 4k-4.5k FUES with what appear tobe astonishing results (yeah I've seen the wet vs dry not such a concern for me). Does anyone have any concrete fedback on Dr. Edrogan, especially negative? I pretty much know I'll get a good result from Dr. Feriduni, yet probably capped out at under 4k. On the other hand my chances of a home run result seem to be with Dr. Edrogan. Since he is somewhat of an unknown to me that also means a chance of a bad result.

So (other than wet v dry pic complaints) does anyone have any useful information on things to be concerned about, or would you think I could safely book at 4700 graft HT with him (his analysis for a 'perfect result') and expect excellent results? One minor plus is that he will be 5000 Euro LESS for 700 more grafts.

ASMED Surgical Medical Center

Dr Koray Erdogan. Istanbul, Turkey

- For info, evaluations and quotations: htn@asmed.com.tr

- Telephone Contacts (Numbers active in working time and 24h for urgencies):

Main number : (+90) 216 464 11 11

USA: (+1) 8454612049

UK: (+44) 2035191146

- Free online consultation: Online Consultation Form

- For additional information on our clinic, cost and photos:

Asmed Hair Transplant Official Website

- Our Official Facebook Page

Dear ready4Hair,

Thank you for your most positive comments. Please be informed that graft number should not be the only criteria for choosing your doctor. There are many facets that come into play when deciding on which surgeon is best for you.

You have mentioned Dr. Lorenzo and Dr. Feriduni who are esteemed colleagues in the field. We respect their work and have been involved in numerous educational workshops together. Whatever your decision, regarding before mentioned surgeons, you are sure to be pleased with the results.

Hi and thanks for contributing to the thread. Yes I agree Dr. Lorenzo and Dr. Feriduni are spectacular surgeons, probably in anyone's top 3-5 worldwide. In fact both of them helped change my mind about FUE just before I was about go go FUT and am so glad to have had them as examples of what is actually possible with FUE vs a lot of the negative hype surrounding it which originally had me NOT consider it. However I'b be sitting here with a healing scar if I had not had the opportunity to see their work. That trek in the end did lead me to decide on Dr. Koray based on fulfilling all of the criteria I had; density, mega FUE, beautiful hairlines and great yield, great techs, state-of-art-clinic, patient interaction. I also agree that, unlike most hard decisions, this was one of those where I could not have gone wrong with any of the three choices as regarding any of that critieria. I feel terrific about the one i made though and am extremely excited about it and look forward to sharing my experiences and results on this board to help future patients on the same path.

Edited by ready4Hair
typos, elaboration, edits didn't take first time :)

So are we to take it you have booked a procedure with dr erdogan ? If so please let us know if you were able to have your input into your hairline design . Best of luck and happy growing :)

Yes and yes :)

From all reports on this forum and from PMs with his patients yes, Dr. Erdogan spends time the day before to discuss patients needs and to draw a hairline as close a possible based on the patients donor, loss and facial features. To me just the fact that this is done the day before and not a few moments before is critical. It puts the patient in a far less stresful sitiation to both communicate his desires and hear/process any feedback and adjustments fron the Dr. Likewise I believe it gives the Dr. time to process even if it is just subliminally. In any event onf the prime considerations for me was a Dr. that really cared about the patients goals and took the time to understand them and develop a realistic solution/game-plan and from my research anbd experience that is most definitely the case.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi , out of interest what were your reasons you wouldn't consider dr lorenzo ? Any examples that put you off ? I'm still deciding between dr erdogan or lorenzo so anything that you have seen that put you off dr lorenzo would really help .

Hi , out of interest what were your reasons you wouldn't consider dr lorenzo ? Any examples that put you off ? I'm still deciding between dr erdogan or lorenzo so anything that you have seen that put you off dr lorenzo would really help .

I don't know if it was 'putting off' as much as in the end preferring Dr. Feriduni and Dr.Erdogan's hairlines overall. Dr. Lorenzo was very communicative and seems as committed to his work and excellence as both the other Drs. and certainly his yield is second to none. If I were a NW5+ I might even put him on the top of the list, I'm not sure. As someone pointed out to me it is hard to go wrong with either/any of them. In the end to my eye, Dr. Erdogan's best work suited my hairline preferences the most. I also really love the scope and efficiency of his clinic. Dr. Lorenzo still made it to my top three and believe me it was a tough and close decision so if you are considering him do not let the fact that i ended up choosing Dr.Erdogan as a critique OF Dr. Lorenzo it is far from that. Both Drs. in fact respect one another highly which should tell you that choosing either one is a great choice.

• 3 months later...

Hey ready4Hair, I'm super keen to hear how you went with Dr Ergodan. I believe you were scheduled for April, and I'm really hoping to hear you're seeing some promising early signs of growth.