REMOVING 1 SIDE OF A PREVIOUS TRANSPLANTED HAIRLINE TO BE MADE LEVEL?

this one is for spex and other reps who can ask there docs about this, thanks

Basicly im not happy with my hairline design from armani, its far to low at one side everyone who knows what a good hairline is can see its screwed and has been done horrid, what i want to know is can the lower side be taken out and made higher and while trying to minimize the scaring, or what options do i have to remove what ever scaring will be left as armani already scared the lower side quite alot

please ppl no comments saying it looks fine, it definatly does not. also the density looks ok in that lighting and that also is a trick of the camera because thats not great either

IMG_1338.thumb.jpg.200e3f0fbe41084f42688cea86ae10ed.jpg

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

I can see what you mean and I know its not a good idea to bring a hairline too low - but in your case and if you plan to style your hair like you have in the pics, would it not be a better idea to lower the other side to match? It really shouldn't take much.

Tough issue mate. The problem is, where do we put the grafts we take from the hairline? Some would say you should have never used that many in the first place, so this is tough.

Maybe we could go right behind the hairline and take a small strip out and pull it up a bit to achieve symmetry? Then we would have to put those grafts back somewhere.

I dunno, I know your not happy, but I personally would wait and see how your baldness progresses. It may be that as you age, at some point we could do a small brow lift, bring your hairline up a tad, then use the grafts to target other needed thinning spots.

My advice is to just to wait it out a bit.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by the B spot:

Tough issue mate. The problem is, where do we put the grafts we take from the hairline? Some would say you should have never used that many in the first place, so this is tough.

Maybe we could go right behind the hairline and take a small strip out and pull it up a bit to achieve symmetry? Then we would have to put those grafts back somewhere.

I dunno, I know your not happy, but I personally would wait and see how your baldness progresses. It may be that as you age, at some point we could do a small brow lift, bring your hairline up a tad, then use the grafts to target other needed thinning spots.

My advice is to just to wait it out a bit.

Take Care,

Jason

EDIT...Maxxy might be right in that IF a small amount of grafts could be used to lower the other side a bit, it would be less drastic than the process I suggested.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

A skilled FUE surgeon could say for sure, but I'm also inclined to think that Maxxy could be on to something. My initial reaction was that even a few hundred grafts balancing things out could do the job(?)

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I guess we are talking about the left side of the hairline? I agree.. anything to remove the hair will leave pocks and scars. Not a good choice. Lowering the other side to the same height might leave you with an unacceptably low hairline as you age. You look quite young-probably not older than 28? Why don't you try another hairstyle or better yet, add highlights to the hairline and front-top. I think reverse camaflouge (sp?) is your best option.

thanks for the replys guys, belive me you i have thote about evening it out by making it lower at the other side to but honestly it would look ridiculas, im not a fan of a stupidly low hairline its not atractive, and it sertainly would not suit me, i still cant undertstand how a silly mistake like this could have been made in the firstplace its just not on i feel like they have had totsl lack of respect for my body, there must be a way in the day and age to remove scars surly? my thoughts were to remove some grafts from the low side wait for the skin to heal. get laser or chemicle scar removal on that area before going back and having the hairline repaired, and i wouldnt be that botherd ware the hairs were transplanted to they could just be put into the other side, im not expecting it to be a fast process but is this possible atall

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Hi Balboa,

With SMG performing more hairline FUE cases, we have consulted with and performed "repair work" on patients who had fue done at other clinics. We've seen cases similar to yours with one side too low with unnatural, strong caliber hairs sticking out in all directions. Of course we've seen this with strip procedures too. I've yet to see where our doctors recommend lowering the other side to match if that lower side is unnaturally too low. It's best to be examined in person but if we had to make an assessment from just from your your pics, it looks too low so punching out the hairs to even out the hairline would be a better option. We actually do a combo of punch outs so we can recycle the grafts then we treat the punched out sites with a laser hair removal. It may take more than one session - depending on each individual. Unless your left hairline has scarring from original work, the punch outs and laser shouldn't leave scarring.

Hey Janna. Having received a few punch outs myself, that sounds interesting. One question; If you did punch outs, what would be the purpose of going over the punched out sites with a laser hair removal?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hi Aaron!

Let's say in a hairline there are 1's, 2's and 3 hair grafts, a small punch size has to be used in the hairline so to not cause scarring. All the follicles may not be extracted due to angle of the grafts. The laser would be an assurance - an addition to extraction to knock out the follicles where its not wanted. We don't use the laser in every punch out case but it's a handy tool to have to get that extra insurance. If a follicle did remain and treated with laser, it makes the follicle weak and produces very, fine hairs (depending on how many times it was treated).

thanks for the reply jenna i do have some scaring to the lower side funnily enought and i dont have much on the good higher side, i do have some strangly facing hairs that i have to keep cutting off in that area, i did get a reply from dr bisangas rep a few months ago and they recomended removing the hairline but also probably having to go a bit further back to remove some of the 2,3,4 grafts so i dont have a pluggy look, then reword the area, but i must ask about scarring is there nothing that can remove these punch hole scars that i have currently?

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

I'm having a load of hairs removed from both sides of my hairline and a few across the front (mis angled), I'm going to Dr Bisanga in Brussels and a stitch will be drawn across the holes, so that they heal as very small 1mm slits instead of holes. I've been told I wont get visible scarring, but I am going back into the hairline 4 months later to refine it.

hi sparky finaly i have found someone who i can share this topic on a one to one basis, can you post pics of your hairline as it currenlty stands, thanks, and i dont quite understand what you mean, let me guess your having hairs removed, then healing time then going back after 4 months to correct it?

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Wouldn't it be worthwhile shaving the hairs away first to see what the skin looks like underneath and to see if the hairs behind them will look good as your new hairline?

If everything's good there then you could have the hairs removed by laser with no further scarring to worry about.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

That would be a waste of grafts imho, mine are going into my strip scar. Already considered that anyway, and consulted and laser will kill hairs surrounding the grafts aswell, so I could lose native hair that way. Not fussed about scarring, as the fue holes will have stitches across them to make them heal smaller, then I'll be going back over that area 4 months later so the scarring if any will be hidden anyway.

Current hairline:- Looks way better when long, and cameras work wonders for it, the problem with my transplated hair is the angles are bad, which doesnt show up in these pics because its long, but when its short its a nightmare without hair putty.

DSC00062.thumb.jpg.56eb7c0a636acde2dcfc1227e1784a75.jpg

itx hard to tell with the pics youve posted but i can sort of tell from the last pic, best to put a pic on here with your eyebrows showing and a full stright view of the full hairline. also what clinic did the hairline to start with

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily