Dr Ekrem Civas

Edinburgh76

Hi, I'm hoping to finally commit to a hair transplant op in April/May time next year (2015). I've been looking around for a few months, weighing up the pro's and con's etc of the Doctors that I can actually afford. I've narrowed my choice down to two I think - I had considered Dr Maral but I think I'll side step that one (so many arguments etc on-going, which I'd rather not get caught up in them!).

Both are based in Turkey. The first is Dr Dermisoy - who seems quite well respected. The second is Dr Civas, who I must say is a fairly new name to me but one that interests me. I just wondered if anybody has any information (good or bad) or had any work done by him? Thoughts would be appreciated.

I can only find a couple of threads from patients relating to him but he seems to be an experienced surgeon with 15 years experience while being a member of various societies (e.g. ISHRS, ESHRS, AAHRS and EHRS). He does the work himself, which was one of the things that put me off Dr Maral. Although there's various examples of his work on his website I'd quite like to hear from someone first hand.

I'm never sure just how relevant/important membership to e.g. ISHRS is(?) but I've been impressed with initial contact from him.

Thanks in advance anyway for any replies. I've read this forum from a far for around a year now and it's always been really helpful.

Sorry KO? I didn't actually say I was impressed by his ability. I said he interests me and I've been impressed by his initial contact.

From what I've read of him and seen (which is limited) however he looks a good option. I did also state he has various examples on his website. BUT (hence my thread) I'd like more information.

Tk thanks for the reply. Yours was one of the patients threads I had read. Excellent results. I presume you are a happy man!?

Edinburgh,

I'm not overly familiar with his work. Have you reviewed our other recommended hair transplant surgeons in Turkey?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 5 weeks later...

Edinburgh, I had my hair transplant with Dr ECivas, I am post 2 months so I cannot advise on results but the experience was excellent, I think you always need to look at results as they talk volume on a Persons work, we are all bound by this in life in some way or another , however from being picked up at the airport to the hotel, and procedure everything went really well. Very nice people , Dr Civas is really professional very nice team who assist and my personal experience was good. I decided to use Dr Civas because of the replies back, answers to questions and also it was in my budget, however like I said I am only 2 months post HT, so I can not say on results but I am following the guides with the meds an so far so good..I have mentioned my experience already on here. Wish you luck in your decision, this forum is fantastic at helping people and it acts as a good guide. Yes some Doctors are not well known but we all have to start somewhere and the important thing results based decisions quite often on here are accurate judging by everyone else. I hope to keep showing my results each month.

Edited by lucky6

• 2 weeks later...

Dermisoy wud be a better decision imo if he is on ur short list. why wud u go to someone who is essentially unproven? that makes no sense at all to me wen there are a dozen others that have proven themselves time and time again...

I think that is why the forum is good, when some one comes in new or as you put it unproven with maybe one or two good bits of work they want to build their reputation then a person can make a good informed choice, we all know about the regulars on the forum but what is important is you have a good selection for every budget,that make more sense.. I have no complaints and my story is 1 in a 1000 but I decided on this person because my budget and research led me to a very qualified person to do the Job with over 10 good results you just ask for them.:), otherwise we might as well just endorse just a few surgeons, I hope the forum finds new surgeons with good results, to keep it fresh and impartial personally.:D

Dermisoy wud be a better decision imo if he is on ur short list. why wud u go to someone who is essentially unproven? that makes no sense at all to me wen there are a dozen others that have proven themselves time and time again...

His credentials look good and I was impressed with what I've seen (he posts his work on a foreign forum and I had come across the examples when researching). I wanted some more information (first hand from patients) so posted here. All fairly straight forward. I've actually booked with Dr Dermisoy now though.

Lucky6, thanks for taking the time to rely. Very impressive results, hope everything continues to go well for you.

pleasure, its a good forum with great advice, pictures of a surgeons work does speak volumes, excuse the Punn. Great choice as its your choice, I am just over 2.5 months so still at the early stages for me, I will keep posting results..and wish you all the very best..

His credentials look good and I was impressed with what I've seen (he posts his work on a foreign forum and I had come across the examples when researching). I wanted some more information (first hand from patients) so posted here. All fairly straight forward. I've actually booked with Dr Dermisoy now though.

Lucky6, thanks for taking the time to rely. Very impressive results, hope everything continues to go well for you.

gd to hear let us know how it pans out. his work really is excellent and underestimated imo. he doesn't perform BHT but so wat most don't need it anyway.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys at 4 and a half months roughly very happy with progress lots of growing still but the improvement is starting to happen. Using just 5% minoxidil foam and vitamin b, every 5th day just using a break and applying Aloe Vera Gel just to give the scalp a bit of a rest and anything irritating goes. vitamin B tablet..

All good, depending on the light and camera you seem to get different results in photo.. but happy

april-picture.jpg.ff36267d43dbf7794e16fcc591c05dd8.jpg

5b32e5a8eb8b3_2015-04-1009_39_42.jpg.11b4537406384463a306ab0def7d2f64.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi lucky,

care to share your experience? I'm in a dilemma on whether to go to India or Turkey for Fue. Dr. Hakan Dongney turned out to be way more expensive that I'd expected. There's no way I can afford 11k Euros on my transplant .

Hi , That price has risen, from what I hear on forums, he is suppose to be good however that seems very steep, not sure what you are getting done or even if you are getting great advice, but I can really recommend Dr Ekram Civas would you like me to get them to call you. DM me and I will sort out. My transplant is going really well and I feel comfortable to help.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...