Booked with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti on February 23!

All the best man ! :) Dr T is a very nice guy and quality surgeon in my opinion.

Keep us updated.

Regards

Spex

Thanks Spex! As always, your input and interest is greatly appreciated.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you having BHT, as I had my beard grafts mixed with donor grafts as my forelock, hopefully that would add heavy density.

We discussed the potential use of BHT to address future hair loss but there is no plan to use any in this procedure.

I'm eager to follow your progress!

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

surely Jayukdht , 4 month onwards is usually some serious hair building .

I just feel curious to ask you David , why Dr. Bhatti ? why Not Lorenzo , edrogan or the Magical Rahal ? , Non of My Business but I am seriously amused , anyways wishing you Loads of Luck !

I discussed this in my original announcement but I'm happy to repeat it. First, as I've said many times here, I believe in our recommendation criteria. So, for me, the decision was less objective and more subjective. However, first and foremost, I believe based on the work I've seen that Dr. Bhatti can deliver the results that I want. And, after all, that is the best reason to choose a hair transplant surgeon.

Every doc you mentioned above is without doubt world class. There are many more I could have chosen as well. When it came to choosing Dr. Bhatti over anyone else, that came down to our personal interactions.

Anyone that has consulted with Dr. Bhatti can probably tell you how present he is. You feel like you have his full attention. Any further questions I've had since our Skype consultation have been answered promptly, thoroughly and thoughtfully. He is enthusiastic and extremely knowledgeable about his work and, in my case, he immediately understood my goals and explained how we could best meet them. In short, we clicked.

Another thing I find impressive about Dr. Bhatti is his devotion to education both on the receiving and giving ends. I recommend checking out the highlights of his presentation titled, Treading the FUE Path: Pearls and Pitfalls from this year's ISHRS Scientific Meeting in Malaysia. It's very interesting.

One thing that everyone can be sure of is that I'll be presenting my journey every step of the way as I have done in the past. I'll do my very best to present photos that realistically portray results at each stage along the way and I'm extremely optimistic.

Thanks for the interest guys!

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

I wish you all the best David with you upcoming surgery with Dr Bhatti. It was interesting to review your photos and comments on Propecia. A quick word about colouring hair as I have done that before in the past a couple of times and whilst it does give a fuller effect and perhaps can make you look a little younger I always worry how natural this colouring can be for a guy that is in his 40's.

If you are going to dye your hair then pick at least one shade lighter than your natural colour and do a home dye that washes out in case you don't like it.

Looking forward to following your progress David.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Good luck David, following your progress for sure.

Dr Bhatti produces some very nice work and being a mod I'm sure you will get a champagne service ;-)

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm happy to be able to share another journey with the community!

I wish you all the best David with you upcoming surgery with Dr Bhatti. It was interesting to review your photos and comments on Propecia. A quick word about colouring hair as I have done that before in the past a couple of times and whilst it does give a fuller effect and perhaps can make you look a little younger I always worry how natural this colouring can be for a guy that is in his 40's.

If you are going to dye your hair then pick at least one shade lighter than your natural colour and do a home dye that washes out in case you don't like it.

Looking forward to following your progress David.

Thanks Garagland! Your tips on hair coloring are spot on! I tend to experiment a lot with color and I've used everything from dark blond to medium ash brown over the last few years. The great thing about using light colors on salt and pepper hair is that you get a nice highlight effect that I think looks much more natural. I also find that my temples especially retain some grey.

I've had the experience of going too dark and it definitely looks bad. This is especially true if I'm not clean shaven as my beard is much whiter than my head.

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

David my only advice would be, to get as many grafts as you can into your scalp, your spending alot of money just to get there, so I would make the trip worth while. Maybe try BHT aswell??

• 1 month later...

I'll be off for the next week as I'm starting my long journey to Chandigarh tomorrow! It's been a long wait and I'm very excited to meet Dr. Bhatti and his staff and really looking forward to my new hairline as well.

I'm fairly well-traveled having visited 13 countries across Europe, Asia and Latin America, but it's funny how things change when you have a family. I used to travel without a care in the world but now it's a bit sad leaving for even such a short period of time.

I have to give my sincere thanks to Dr. Bhatti and California for their prompt care and attention over the last few months. I couldn't feel more confident that I'm in the best of hands.

Anyway, I'll do my best to update you guys on my experience promptly.

Wish me luck!

Hey Guys,

Had my transplant today. Upon examining my donor area in person, Dr. Bhatti immediately determined that the 3,000 graft we originally discussed would not be likely. He estimated about 2,500 and we ended up getting around 2,400. The good news is he feels, given my age and slow progression over the past 6 years, that my hair loss is probably very stable at this stage. he was very optimistic about meeting my goals with this number and I'm really happy with how thing looked at the end of the day.

I've spent quite a lot of time with Dr. Bhatti while here and I've enjoyed talking with him immensely about a variety of topics but, most importantly, hair restoration. He's extremely friendly, patient and quick with a joke. Much can be said about his dedicated staff as well and I plan to include that in my summary very soon.

After my procedure I had the opportunity to meet with Dr. Bhatti's rep from Israel who is also a patient and is having a second procedure tomorrow, as well as two brothers from the UK in their late 20s who both had transplants last week. They're very enthusiastic about their procedures and I've encouraged them to share their results here also.

I'll be back to the clinic tomorrow for a wash and will plan to start sharing all the details of my experience when I return home at the end of the week. Time to rest!

Hi David, great to know that you have had the surgery. I am also getting mine done by Dr. Bhatti tommorow (24th Feb). I might see you there. I will post my pre and post pics too.

Marsden,

I wish I'd read this earlier. Sorry I missed you. I was by the clinic this morning for a wash and post-op instructions then I was off to see some of the local sites.

Hope everything goes well for you. If you're around on Wednesday, perhaps we can arrange to meet. Feel free to email me at service@hairtransplantnetwork.com. I'll be checking my mail periodically. I'm leaving Chandigarh on Thursday.

Best of luck!

Thanks Squatch, Raj, Campbell and Hairy! I've got zero pain only a day after the procedure. Sleeping was super easy also.

I've got be careful though. I llightly knocked my melon three times getting in and out of the car. The first time only on the bandaged donor area so no worries there. The second time I'm pretty sure I missed a recipient site but the last time I lightly hit the crown. No bleeding though. just feel really dumb.

Thanks Squatch, Raj, Campbell and Hairy! I've got zero pain only a day after the procedure. Sleeping was super easy also.

I've got be careful though. I llightly knocked my melon three times getting in and out of the car. The first time only on the bandaged donor area so no worries there. The second time I'm pretty sure I missed a recipient site but the last time I lightly hit the crown. No bleeding though. just feel really dumb.

Lol, the more conscious you are about not doing something, the more you seem to do it. I am sure I hit my head more in that two week period after my HT than I did in the preceding two years!

Congratulations David I hope everything goes smoothly and you get the results you were looking for.

So what is your initial opinions comparing fue with fut now you have had both type's of procedures?

Look forward to reading your write up.

Have a nice stay in India.

Congrats on your procedure David!

All the best with it and I look forward to following your progress.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.