Dr Doganay 2050 grafts (3500 strands of hair)

William1

Hi everyone,

I had a hair transplant by Doganay on April 2013 during a special group-session with few other French patients. I paid 4500€ for around 2000 FUE grafts.

I don't wan't to go into details or justify myself, responding, debating, posting pics etc... I just feel I have the moral obligation to testify that the result isn't what I expected. And not only it isn't, but it is nothing close to a good result. Doganay hasn't transplanted 2000 grafts, clearly. And I suspect that hairs were wasted in the process: Harvested, but unused, just thrown away.

Plus he transplanted a few ugly beard strands.

I'm not saying that other doctors are more honest, better, worse or whatever, just sharing my experience with Doganay. Bad result.

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I had a hair transplant by Doganay on April 2013 during a special group-session with few other French patients. I paid 4500€ for around 2000 FUE grafts.

I don't wan't to go into details or justify myself, responding, debating, posting pics etc... I just feel I have the moral obligation to testify that the result isn't what I expected. And not only it isn't, but it is nothing close to a good result. Doganay hasn't transplanted 2000 grafts, clearly. And I suspect that hairs were wasted in the process: Harvested, but unused, just thrown away.

I'm not saying that other doctors are more honest, better, worse or whatever, just sharing my experience with Doganay. Bad result.

Thank you.

Not that we dont believe you but You need to post before and after pictures.

I remember you "Johnny 2000 " you also had a HT with Dr. Dognany , Pls let us know your Results also , Becos I remember you were also Not satisfied with the Surgery , what is your latest experience and do post a few photos so we can Judge for the betterment of this Community !

I remember you "Johnny 2000 " you also had a HT with Dr. Dognany , Pls let us know your Results also , Becos I remember you were also Not satisfied with the Surgery , what is your latest experience and do post a few photos so we can Judge for the betterment of this Community !

Yes i Also had a HT with dr. Hakan in april This year.

I am 8-9 Month post op and the result so far is not what expected

I posted a thread a couple of weeks back to show current pictures.

I Will wait until 12 month and Then post before and after pictures but Right now you would not be able to se Any difference in my before and after pictures

I saw your pics , I have to say that the hairline , when looked closely seems Like "Nothing" has grown there , becos I can see a few Transplanted grafts that took root But did NOT Grow , if thats the case and even you feel that way then , I am sorry bro , maybe you can see some improvement in the next few months , usually the final result is called by 18 months !

I saw your pics , I have to say that the hairline , when looked closely seems Like "Nothing" has grown there , becos I can see a few Transplanted grafts that took root But did NOT Grow , if thats the case and even you feel that way then , I am sorry bro , maybe you can see some improvement in the next few months , usually the final result is called by 18 months !

Well yeah i hoped by now my result would start to show, but i dont Think i Will get anymore growth, maybe just a little matureing of the hair that has grown.

Im allready mentally planing my second surgery :(

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

@Splitting hairs I doubt that a motorized punch would matter that much however 5k grafts in one day and letting techs do all the work is very worrisome. I thought he was pretty well known for his good work? Did those issues arise lately? Thanks.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

Swooping,

There is obviously something that needs to be improved. Most top FUE docs prefer manual Punches as they say they can 'feel' the graft during the extraction and there's less chance of transection.

FUE sessions over 3k are never a good idea as its a huge amount of trauma which can affect growth.

It's also commonplace in Turkey to let the techs do all the work for FUE procedures. It also happens at Rahal I believe, Koray erdogan, feriduni.

I believe Dr Hakan has some good results from the past but consistency is important.

I get the feeling that some docs, because FUE is very labour intensive, are up scaling their clinics by getting techs to do procedures, allowing them to do 4 procedures a day.

At the end of the day, none of this would matter if the results were consistent.

Propecia since July 2008

How can consistency be achieved when different hands some more experienced or talented than others are introduced into the equation?

Realistically the only one who benefits from extractions performed by techs and multi-patient procedures in the same day is the doc who exponentially increases profits, not the individual patient.

I don't believe that there is any exception to this logical concept.

u posted results from patients that for the most part had already had unsuccessful results with other HT surgeons so the "X" factor is obviously present.

and I'm sure u cud post 30 examples of GREAT work he has performed so ur comment on reviewing his recommendation is quite comical to be honest....:rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

Thank you.

Strange post , 1st post on here..won't answer questions , won't post any pictures ....just slating the Dr's work ....

I really don't want to go into that. Really. My Name is Cedric, I'm from France, I was in Antalya in April 2013. My French speaking contact with Doganay was a Turkish woman named Enzel.

Someone of Doganay's team will confirm. If they don't, I still have the pictures of me in Doganay's office, Pre op, during op (shot by Enzel), post op, and current.

I have no interest in lying. I'm not going under a new surgery with him, I'm not asking for any refund, so you will never see me changing my mind about this doctor in this thread. I wouldn't be "slating" him as you say, if he did a good job. My only concern here is to be as truthful as possible.

I really don't want to go into that. Really. My Name is Cedric, I'm from France, I was in Antalya in April 2013. My French speaking contact with Doganay was a Turkish woman named Enzel.

Someone of Doganay's team will confirm. If they don't, I still have the pictures of me in Doganay's office, Pre op, during op (shot by Enzel), post op, and current.

I have no interest in lying. I'm not going under a new surgery with him, I'm not asking for any refund, so you will never see me changing my mind about this doctor in this thread. I wouldn't be "slating" him as you say, if he did a good job. My only concern here is to be as truthful as possible.

It maybe you speak the truth but at the same time it means nothing unless you post before/ after pics . Your words mean nothing without proof imo

u posted results from patients that for the most part had already had unsuccessful results with other HT surgeons so the "X" factor is obviously present.

and I'm sure u cud post 30 examples of GREAT work he has performed so ur comment on reviewing his recommendation is quite comical to be honest....:rolleyes:

To be honest BUSA, I am stating what I have seen.

I have provided evidence to other posts.

You clearly have some kind of agenda with the Turkish docs, as other forum members have already pointed out. We have you figured out!

Propecia since July 2008

Hi Guys,

I just signed up so I'm new here.... Im in a slight panic as i booked with Dr Hakan Doganay for end of Jan 2015... Im getting a gut feeling that i may of made the wrong decision... :( I apologise in advance if i have written in the wrong thread etc....Im new to forums in general so if someone can give me some guidance etc in where and how to post that would be greatly appreciated.... With flights booked to Turkey i wonder if its not too late to change Dr's and retain similar dates.....Regards Seb

Hi Guys,

I just signed up so I'm new here.... Im in a slight panic as i booked with Dr Hakan Doganay for end of Jan 2015... Im getting a gut feeling that i may of made the wrong decision... :( I apologise in advance if i have written in the wrong thread etc....Im new to forums in general so if someone can give me some guidance etc in where and how to post that would be greatly appreciated.... With flights booked to Turkey i wonder if its not too late to change Dr's and retain similar dates.....Regards Seb

Cancel. In my opinion, no one should do this unless they are 100% certain. There are risks, and they can serve to devastate people if they are not ready for the risks or have their expectations too high.

Hi everyone,

Thank you.

William,

I'm sorry I'm arriving late to this discussion. If your results are truly subpar, I very sorry to hear it. While there is no hair restoration physician in the world that does not have a few subpar results in their portfolio of work, that knowledge is of little consolation when you are the patient that receives poor growth. However, you've made a strong allegation in stating that you believe he harvested and then discarded precious grafts and charged you for them. That would be highly unethical and any such statement should be accompanied by some sort of proof.

Given that you've provided no photos and have even stated that you "don't wan't to go into details or justify myself", this post is perfectly useless.

All of the physicians recommended by our community must continue to provide the world class results and exceptional patient care that earned them that distinction. If a physician is shown to consistently produce poor results or participate in unethical business practices, that doctor's recommendation is suspended. If you are concerned enough about your own experience to warn others then you should be willing and able to provide anonymous photos of your hair pre and post surgery and also be willing to provide Dr. Doganay with the necessary information to answer

Have you contacted the clinic to discuss your concerns? If not, I highly suggest doing so. Dr. Doganay has a long track record of providing excellent patient care and I know that he is concerned about his patients and meticulous in his work. I'm sure he would be receptive to discussing your case and would do whatever necessary to ensure you are pleased with the outcome. I'm also going to notify Dr. Doganay about this thread and request that he contact you privately and also post a reply.

In cases when members receive poor growth, we are happy to work together by facilitating communication between patient and clinic if necessary. However, in order to maintain complete transparency, our Terms of Service dictate that members must allow physicians to share their side of the story.

In the end, if your result does not meet expectations, I hope you find a happy resolution.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks hadenough2014 for your quick response, i may of not come across correctly...What i mean is... Im definitely ready to go for this.... but its the quality of the doctor that i feel now is the wrong choice ....so many negative feed backs regarding Dr Hakan...... I was deciding between Dr Erdogan for a few weeks and decided to go with Hakan... I feel i may of made a bad choice.....Trip is booked but i still want to go ahead.... Do you think Hakan is capable of good results of late? Or how to ensure the quality from his surgery?

Will,

Sorry to hear this! I think David gave some excellent advice. Hopefully, Dr. Doganay will respond soon and clarify a bit. In the meantime, let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.