Potential Recommendation of Dr. Ali Emre Karadeniz of Istanbul, Turkey

Just for the record its great to see drkaradeniz so active in this thread and explaining his decision.

Like I said in my first post, the docotrs honesty and well meaning is not up for question, he is above reproach here.

I have my own set standards on what I think warrants a reccomendation. I'm talking pure FUE results and strip is not in my equation when I gave my answer but I feel I know enough about it to give an honest opinion.

My standards are not everyone eles's and this reccomendation doesn't hang on me so remember that.

Having a HT is no joke, its a massive financial, emotional and physical commitment. You can only do this 2-3 times in your life if your lucky enough to afford it and the first HT is vital. You get it wrong and you are ruined. You get subpar results and you are also in trouble.

I'm not accusing drkaradeniz of any of that, far from it, but these are my standards and things I keep in mind when making a decision. I take it very very seriously.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^dont you prefer that he is honest about it? To some extent I think he said that to drive home a point - FUE makes more money than strip when many forum members have been saying that strip doctors avoid FUE for monetary reasons. That is at least how I took it.

Yes, 1000 - 2000 grafts would be perfect. I also believe less dense produce better yield, then maybe come back and fill up if more needed.

I also see you offer body hair. Some doctore like to use lower arm hair to feather hairline. What are your thoughts on using fine body hair to feather hair line?

Thanks for feedback :)

Yes, 1000 - 2000 grafts would be perfect. I also believe less dense produce better yield, then maybe come back and fill up if more needed.

I also see you offer body hair. Some doctore like to use lower arm hair to feather hairline. What are your thoughts on using fine body hair to feather hair line?

Thanks for feedback :)

I am conservative with body hair as with many other things.

First of all I reserve BHT to hopeless situations where there is little or no scalp hair available.

I don't believe in doing a large number of scalp hair and adding some body hair to increase graft number. When I see combinations like 4000 scalp hair and 1000 body hair to make 5000 I feel it is a combination to increase price. Since body hair is mostly singles, we would be doubling the price to give 10% more hair which feels unfair to me.

Besides, I don't like using body hair that has shown to be unpredictable in studies.

Body hair to me means mostly beard hair and sometimes chest hair if it is exceptionally strong.

Using arm hair to feather the hairline doesn't sound right to me.

Ali Emre Karadeniz, MD (Dr. K)

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

I. I support his recommendation.

I find it futile to state my opinion after the moderators already made their minds up and supported/approved the doctor. I congratulate Dr. AEK for his membership. He is a plastic surgeon and although he has relatively few number of case presentations, his presentations were transparent and honest enough without much photographic tricks as he mentioned.

A question arises though. From your previous threads, it has been stated that you used to (or still using) work for a medical tourism agency and they were providing you patients for a fee. Are you going to carry on your relationship with these agencies? If that's the case, will these companies get any credit from you being recommended here? Can they also advertise that they work with doctors being recommended in HTN?

Thanks and congratulations again for your membership.

I find it futile to state my opinion after the moderators already made their minds up and supported/approved the doctor. I congratulate Dr. AEK for his membership. He is a plastic surgeon and although he has relatively few number of case presentations, his presentations were transparent and honest enough without much photographic tricks as he mentioned.

A question arises though. From your previous threads, it has been stated that you used to (or still using) work for a medical tourism agency and they were providing you patients for a fee. Are you going to carry on your relationship with these agencies? If that's the case, will these companies get any credit from you being recommended here? Can they also advertise that they work with doctors being recommended in HTN?

Thanks and congratulations again for your membership.

Thank you Fisher4man.

Before I answer that question, I have some questions of my own. As you are asking those questions, I assume you have concerns about medical tourism agencies. What is the problem with clinics being provided with patients by agencies? What is the problem with agencies advertising HTN recommended doctors? It looks to me like public awareness of the HTN and the value of HTN recommendation would grow and this is a good thing.

Practically speaking, the simple reason why clinics work with agencies is that they neither have the investment nor the time to do marketing. In order to concentrate on their real job they need to delegate most of the marketing to professionals. They could have their own marketing manager and marketing budget, but they would still have to be constantly involved in creating marketing strategies and spend time with the marketing team on how things are going. If I decided to do my own marketing I would have to become a businessman coordinating a crowd of workers instead of being a surgeon.

In my opinion mainly the clinic is hurt by working with agencies as they are having to give away a big chunk off the income, usually bigger than the fair amount. The patients are not effected much as the value of a doctors work remains constant; whether or not a part of the patients money goes to the agency or not doesn't matter. When the day comes, when I am well known enough to have enough clients coming to me word of mouth and my online presence and technology is at a certain level where I can manage my own business without needing direct external help from agencies I may not need them anymore.

I tried to answer your question, although I think it is a topic worth discussing on a separate thread. If you wish to discuss it further, you can open a new thread and I will try to contribute to the discussion.

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

Thank you for everyone's input regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Karadeniz. I truly appreciate everyone's interest to hold physicians accountable and keep this community's recommendations credible. Thanks also to Dr. Karadeniz for his willingness for openly and transparently answering each member's questions and addressing each concern.

Physicians we approve for recommendation are ultimately those who can provide sufficient evidence that they regularly produce excellent results and ethical surgeons who are willing to be open and transparent about their procedure, results and address questions and concerns publicly when appropriate.

In my opinion, Dr. Karadeniz has demonstrated that he meets our high standards for recommendation. Given that the majority of the feedback we received publicly and privately about his procedure and results have been positive, I'd like to welcome Dr. Ali Emre Karadeniz to the Hair Transplant Network. To view his recommendation profile, click here.

I trust that Dr. Karadeniz will continue to be involved by presenting additional examples of his results each and every month and provide his expert input on various hair restoration related topics as he has been doing. I look forward to his involvement in our community.

Onwards and Upwards,

Bill

Congratulations to Dr karadeniz.

I would personally not have recommended any Dr who does not answer a question put to them as Dr karadeniz has done to myself on numerous occasions.

So bill your statement that you appreciate his openness to answer all questions is incorrect.

What member here would go to a Dr who would not answer ALL their questions?

But this is why it is put before the community to gather more than just one persons opinions.

I would advise Dr karadeniz to be more approachable to answer questions asked of him in the future.

Congratulations again Dr karadeniz

Edited by 1966kph

I would like to say hello to the community and thank members who have contributed to my recommendation by their questions and comments.

I would like to emphasise once again that I will be ready to answer any questions related to hair loss problems and hair restoration in general and I will be explaining my hair restoration philosophy in detail while presenting my results. Meanwhile I will try to keep away from unfruitful conversations that are related to competition with other clinics, comments from members who don't openly represent, but show signs of acting for or against a specific clinic, members who ask questions to damage the reputation of me or someone else. I am sure everyone is aware that hair surgery is a very competitive field and the fight for a better place in the market is fierce. After starting to post on the forum - which is only a couple of months - I have already been hassled on a couple of occasions recently not only on the forum but by directly being contacted by competitors. Turkey is an especially competitive market, so I do expect some moves. Although I will do my best to keep things at a purely scientific level.

Ali Emre Karadeniz, MD

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

So like I said Dr your not prepared to answer all questions.

My questions were my own not on behalf of one of your competitors as you keep implying.

They were not intended to cause harm and I think the industry that you work in may of made you a little paranoid.

If you want to private message me and ask any questions or even do it here publicly to prove my independence of any affilliation to any clinic or dr because unlike you I am prepared to answer any questions you have for me.

I do find it a little offensive that you keep questioning my integrety as i was browsing here before youd ever participated in a ht procedure.

Once again congratulations.

Have a nice day

Thank you Fisher4man.

1-What is the problem with clinics being provided with patients by agencies? What is the problem with agencies advertising HTN recommended doctors?

2- If I decided to do my own marketing I would have to become a businessman coordinating a crowd of workers instead of being a surgeon.

3-When the day comes, when I am well known enough to have enough clients coming to me word of mouth and my online presence and technology is at a certain level where I can manage my own business without needing direct external help from agencies I may not need them anymore.

4-Members who ask questions to damage the reputation of me or someone else.

5- I have already been hassled on a couple of occasions recently not only on the forum but by directly being contacted by competitors.

Thanks Dr. Karadeniz for your straightforward reply. I think, my question was very related to the thread - more related than discussing BHT with another commenter.

1- My answer to your questions were inside my questions that I asked you. In addition, worry that some day those agencies might sign up here as recommended agencies.

2- Your words almost mean that all the recommended/coalition members here are at the same time business people. From this standpoint, I guess that statement might require moderator comment or approval regarding your affliation with health tourism agency(ies).

3- We all see your needs to this forum and those agencies to build your own business. There is nothing wrong about it. Let's hope that you won't end up abandoning this forum as Dr. Jose Lorenzo, Spain did when you don't need it any more.

4-You are on stage now. You are not obliged to answer any questions but if you want to stay here for a long time, you might want to be calm while answering questions and refrain from conspiracy theories.

5- As far as I know you have 2 competitors from your country, Dr. Erdogan and Dr. Doganay. Who bothered you ?

You started very candid, that's crucial virtue. Staying that way is even more virtuous. I hope you will stay this way...

Congratulations again.

Thanks Dr. Karadeniz for your straightforward reply. I think, my question was very related to the thread - more related than discussing BHT with another commenter.

1- My answer to your questions were inside my questions that I asked you. In addition, worry that some day those agencies might sign up here as recommended agencies.

2- Your words almost mean that all the recommended/coalition members here are at the same time business people. From this standpoint, I guess that statement might require moderator comment or approval regarding your affliation with health tourism agency(ies).

3- We all see your needs to this forum and those agencies to build your own business. There is nothing wrong about it. Let's hope that you won't end up abandoning this forum as Dr. Jose Lorenzo, Spain did when you don't need it any more.

4-You are on stage now. You are not obliged to answer any questions but if you want to stay here for a long time, you might want to be calm while answering questions and refrain from conspiracy theories.

5- As far as I know you have 2 competitors from your country, Dr. Erdogan and Dr. Doganay. Who bothered you ?

You started very candid, that's crucial virtue. Staying that way is even more virtuous. I hope you will stay this way...

Congratulations again.

I am very calm and as you see I took your question seriously and answered it as detailed as possible. Could you explain to me more directly what your concerns are about agencies? As you might have understood from my explanation, I am not in love with agencies, but I don't see a problem either. There are professional ones out there that provide good service to both clinics and patients. Why would doctors working with agencies end up with agencies being recommended? Why do doctors need approval of being affiliated with agencies? What difference does it make if a doctor does his own marketing or if an agency does it and sends the patients to the doctor? As much as I understand, recommendation here is purely medical, it is not to do with marketing strategies.

I have no conspiracy theories and I don't see the names you mentioned as my competitors. I am only concerned about my own results and own reputation. If you make it more clear what you think is the problem with health tourism agencies I may be able to give you an answer that may satisfy you. Have a good day.

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

For once ko I agree I don't see a problem with a clinic being affiated to a agency.

But answer me this KO or anyone else for that matter what is your opinions on a Dr that avoids answering direct questions?

The way I see it is either they don't know the answer or they try to avoid answering as the answer will show them in a unfavourable light.

If you don't know what I'm referring to look back through this thread.

Have a good day all

Edited by 1966kph

I refer to posts 11 and 17 and I have asked him numerous questions on his thread regarding his overview of the Turkish ht industry.

If he has nothing to hide then why would a Dr avoid answering direct questions?

A doctor not answering direct questions is a big no no for me.

He is most certainly off my list of possible clinics as I have been looking solely at turkey for a fue ht or 2.

I ask to see more of his results but that fell on deaf ears to.

The results I have seen were not to bad but there's no way I would go to him now.

Also in my research on him found inconsistencies in what he says and what I have found to be to the contrary.

Have a nice day

While I don't want to instigate, Dr. Karadeniz did address your comments here:

"I was going to add a small remark after this statement, but I thought I would wait for a post like kph1966's.

I respect all opinions and I am open to questions as long as I believe they are derived from sheer scientific curiosity and from good will. If I think that someone is making comments and asking questions to promote another surgeon/clinic , a group of surgeons/clinics with a common interest, a specific technique against the other one, or is just trying to be destructive against my presence, I will avoid answering them to avoid unfruitful traffic. I see that physicians almost always avoid to be involved in discussions with members who are present only with their nicknames as this leaves the physicians too vulnerable to destructive posting. I have started off with a riskier style than these physicians by being involved in discussions, however in order to keep my presence I need to protect myself against comments without good will. That is why if I don't answer a question it doesn't necessarily mean that I don't have an answer, but it may mean that I feel the discussion is going to be unfruitful. I apologise if it happens that my judgement is wrong."

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but I think this is why you aren't receiving answers. Do you feel like your questions are crucial? If so, I do think we can possibly phrase them differently and obtain a reply.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hello Blake i hope you are well.

What is deemed to be crucial is very subjective to the individual and i believe that these questions were not crucial but necessary in my decision of recommending or not Dr Karadeniz.

I found in my researching of Dr Karadeniz that he is very hypocritical and anyone that reads his over view of the Turkish ht industryhttp://http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177099-hair-transplant-turkey-overview-dr-karadeniz.html

i think would come to the same conclusions.

You will notice that within the first paragraph he states.

I will try and give objective information, avoiding being for or against any clinics in Turkey as I am a Turkish plastic surgeon and hair surgeon myself.]

Then he goes on to rubbish the entire industry apart from the docs that are already recommended here.

Then he states.

Anyone researching ht in turkey will know this to be totally untrue if you just go on if my memory serves me right [ What clinic.com ]you will see for yourself that this is the case and that is just one example.

In that thread he answers some of my questions then when the questions get to searching he clams up and gives a lame excuse like the one you quoted to try and give a reason for not answering.

This is a quote from post number 30 by Dr Karadeniz

[Quote I believe it is the responsibility of each patient to ask their candidate doctor which parts of the operation he is going to perform and which parts the techs will do. The doctor can't fake the patient as the truth will soon be evident.

I think patients don't have the right to complain, if they don't even bother lifting their heads up and ask the person drilling their heads, who the person is and what his/her profession and licence is. It is very common in Turkey that no one actually bothers asking.]

Well i asked him some questions so this is the type of hypocrisy i am talking about.

He states many times during that thread how it is illegal for anyone other than a dr or nurse to perform any part of the procedure and when i asked him of his possible involvement in procedures were technicians were breaking Turkish law he wont answer.

He condemns the practice of others yet will not confirm or deny whether he has done the exact same thing he is condemning.

I could go on and on with more examples but i would suggest if anyone is interested they read the thread linked above and this thread in its entirety.

At one point i was actually considering dr karadeniz for fue as my preference is for fue but i have nothing against fut but now he is well and truly off my list.

Not because of his results but because if he is prepared to avoid the questions i have posed him and what i deem and i think most people would agree to be his hypocrisy i would never feel as though i could trust him.

It also is somewhat annoying that part of his excuse for not answering is that i am affilliated with some clinic which is pure paranoia,Were in my nearly 5 years here have i ever done anything other than be supportive,helpful,inquisitive and defender of what i believe to be right.

BLAKE rather than get me to try and rephrase my questions and so avoiding the point of the questions why not get a DOCTOR to answer the questions?

I hope this last question to you at least blake is answered

Have a nice day

Edited by 1966kph

I've read over the thread in question. Frankly, I thought it was a worthwhile read. I did not know about the prevalence of technician-driven clinics in Turkey before it.

It seems like your concern is whether or not he uses technicians versus nurses or physicians in his clinic? This is because he stated it was illegal before? Are you sure he wasn't referring to the extraction or site creation portion of the procedure? I assume it's legal for technicians to at least handle or place grafts?

Dr. Karadeniz,

Can you clarify the above?

Thanks.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hello future I hope your day is going well.

No it is not just who does what during his procedures now but during all ht procedures he has been involved in as he clearly stated he has done all but a few of the incisions at the start of this thread.

This is what I mean about the inconsistencies in what he says.

He clearly states this and that about the Turkish ht industry as though it is fact which I found a lot of what he has said to be totally inaccurate.

This is why I questioned what he was saying but when the going gets tough Dr karadeniz seems to get going in the opposite direction of an answer.

If he does not know what he is saying to be fact he should not present it as so.

If I researched further I'm sure on his comment that there are only about 10 clinics were a doc actually takes part in the ht the actual number would be very different to the 10 he says.

Within a hour of looking I had come across over 20 and I'm sure there's a lot more.

He would of served his purpose of self promotion better if he had not done it by showing such blatant disregard of facts.

Dr karadeniz would have to address all the questions I have put to him and those that I would for to get my respect from now on but he won't answer them and Dr karadeniz this is a FACT.

In future rather than trying to get to the top by self promotion by trodding others into the dirt he would be better to just concentrate on posting his results for us to judge.

Thank you for your replied Blake and you have a nice day

Ko I could not give a crap one way or another whether the said clinic gets recommended or not but just it gets a fair hearing.I personally don't think it will but at least it is entitled to be judged the same as any other clinic.

I asked you a question ko and I will repeat it.

Would you go with a Dr that would not answer all of your questions? I most certainly would not.

This is part of the problem with Dr karadeniz that I am referring to.

This is all about the integrity of Dr karadeniz nothing else.

Have a good day

I've read over the thread in question. Frankly, I thought it was a worthwhile read. I did not know about the prevalence of technician-driven clinics in Turkey before it.

It seems like your concern is whether or not he uses technicians versus nurses or physicians in his clinic? This is because he stated it was illegal before? Are you sure he wasn't referring to the extraction or site creation portion of the procedure? I assume it's legal for technicians to at least handle or place grafts?

Dr. Karadeniz,

Can you clarify the above?

Thanks.

Dear Blake,

It may have not been clear when I was mentioning this in my overview about HT in Turkey, so let me try and explain it more clearly. My standpoint is mainly from the medical ethics point of view. Laws are also important, but they are secondary as they differ considerably from region to region and some are difficult to explain. In some countries techs are allowed to do surgical procedures and in others they are not. Indeed in Turkey, technicians are not allowed to touch the patient as there is no authority to give a licence to a technician and name them hair transplant technicians. Nurses however are allowed to place grafts. I did mention that I think it is unfortunate that hair transplant technician licensing is absent in Turkey. I gave that information just to show the irony in the country where 99% of the hair clinics are purely technician clinics although they are not even licensed to touch a patient. Unfortunately there are very few trained personnel that know what a hair tech should know that we do use a mixture of nurses and technicians to do graft cutting and placement. In that sense even we, the physicians clinics are sometimes braking Turkish laws, but what is that compared to 500 technician clinics performing thousands of HT procedures everyday freely only by technicians? It is the main system in corrupt countries that they force people who they want to overwhelm to brake laws since birth and attack them whenever they want, while allowing supporters of the system to freely move while not only braking laws but all values of humanity.

1966kph, 500 technician clinics and 10 physician clinics was obviously a rounding up to show how things work. Ofcourse there may be more than 10, however there aren't many more as you state. Those clinics you mention that are on the whatcl... portal are all technician clinics. I was the last physician to be on that portal and left a couple of months ago. It is not worth for the 10 physicians to be listed there as the majority of patients there are looking for a HT for 1000-2000 Euros to be done in Turkey. I am stating here once more that I am not referring to the very few physicians who are recommended here or not when explaining the corrupt nature of the Turkish HT industry.

1966kph, the reason why I am not anymore interested in a discussion with you is not only your destructive language, but you clearly stated that you are in favour of technician clinics and that we have agreed on disagreeing. You suddenly appearing in my thread about HT in Turkey and aggressively criticising me not sharing my opinion on someone else's thread can not be unintentional and the reason remains unclear to me.

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey