Honest opinions required

ace91

Hi there fellas ,

ok so i would like some honest opinions on what do you guys think of my current hair condition, its been 4.5 months in to finasteride and i have buzzed my hair ,

i have added the baseline pics along with 3.5 month update and then buzzed at 4.5 months. From the buzzed pics what seems to be my hair density? The pattern i believe is norwood 6 diffuse . Lets hope i could get some improvement in the moths to come. I will try and keep this post updated :)

20140630_215244.jpg.11344c91556293fb354b110a4e04d076.jpg

20140630_215402.jpg.8b82a1165f9006297d5c70ba8477a25c.jpg

20140630_215650.jpg.536b71220de2e024332c25fc99a948e6.jpg

IMG_20141026_002406.jpg.0382f80e5447aff83eeefa514947fad8.jpg

IMG_20141026_002426.jpg.c443453c50aa813bc8f0146f4d8b5756.jpg

IMG_20141109_001721.jpg.5ac36f08bc45f3bb14e5f25b635d6c0e.jpg

IMG_20141109_001214.jpg.b3a4ce02cb2ea86779d1d182c9e9e925.jpg

IMG_20141109_001440.jpg.14d441caa9a7462057535b396d133daa.jpg

I agrees that you are a nw5/6 diffuse with a persistent hairline.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I agree with you, looks like you're thinning in a NW6 pattern. I think a lot of NW3-4 people would be envious of your hair though as you still have really nice coverage. If I were you I would definitely stay on Fin, even if you don't get noticeable new growth you will at the very least have significantly delayed if not outright stopped future loss.

Yep I agree you have still got a lot of coverage & thickness to your hair & looks like you have taken notice to jump on the best Meds available to date. & caught this really early on in your life unlike most of us.

Do yourself a fav & stick out your meds you be thankful you did in yrs to come.

Keep us posted

Good luck.

I'm with KO, the buzz really works for you mate!

Whilst the hair is so short take the advantage, far easier to apply topical such as Minox etc.

Good luck sir!

Mike.

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

ontop thanks for the reply bro . I believe i am a norwood 6 cause i am thinning in that pattern but not in classic norwood way more like ludwig pattern diffusing all over the norwood 6 area.

Why do you think your a NW6 ? Don't look nothing like that to me..

Give your Meds time 12/ 16mth the least.

ontop thanks for the reply bro . I believe i am a norwood 6 cause i am thinning in that pattern but not in classic norwood way more like ludwig pattern diffusing all over the norwood 6 area.

I agrees that you are a nw5/6 diffuse with a persistent hairline.

yup the hairline is there , All the damage is happening behind it , although hairline is dropping back but at a pretty slow rate as compared to my overall thinning .

I would start rubbing some Min all over your head while its buzzed like that.

yup i have though about it , but there are two things stopping me .

Firstly i am using finasteride produced by a local manufacturer, here in my country (pakistan), so i wanna be sure about its quality and the only way i see finding that out it is,well using it for about a year to see results .

Secondly, the buzz is temporary, I will be growing my hair out. So when i do that i know applying minioxidil would be so much of a hassle for me give my Diffused condition .

I would start rubbing some Min all over your head while its buzzed like that.

yup i have though about it , but there are two things stopping me .

Firstly i am using finasteride produced by a local manufacturer, here in my country (pakistan), so i wanna be sure about its quality and the only way i see finding that out it is,well using it for about a year to see results .

Secondly, the buzz is temporary, I will be growing my hair out. So when i do that i know applying minioxidil would be so much of a hassle for me given my Diffused condition .

I agree with you, looks like you're thinning in a NW6 pattern. I think a lot of NW3-4 people would be envious of your hair though as you still have really nice coverage. If I were you I would definitely stay on Fin, even if you don't get noticeable new growth you will at the very least have significantly delayed if not outright stopped future loss.

Thats the plan .... to stick with the medication religiously . hmmm i dont know about the coverage though as every one around me has started to notice and point out my thinning. Does not look all that good grown out especially from front as it is pretty much see through

Yep I agree you have still got a lot of coverage & thickness to your hair & looks like you have taken notice to jump on the best Meds available to date. & caught this really early on in your life unlike most of us.

Do yourself a fav & stick out your meds you be thankful you did in yrs to come.

Keep us posted

Good luck.

hahaha its really nice to hear, thick and hair in the same sentence as its been a long time thanks for that :D . well i plan to stick to the meds and hope for the best

I think the buzzed look suits you well. I would continue to stick with the medications. I would also add minoxidil, it will be very easy to apply now that you've buzzed down.

to be honest thats my opinion of the buzzcut too, that it looks good on me. But the thing is where i live , these buzz cuts are just not socially accepted , plain and simple , they see you in a buzz and go like, hey baldy, they just assume you are bald even if you have a full head of hair . so i like , but socially its unacceptable .

I'm with KO, the buzz really works for you mate!

Whilst the hair is so short take the advantage, far easier to apply topical such as Minox etc.

Good luck sir!

Mike.

Thanks so much mate . look at my reply to KO regarding buzzcut . plus minioxidil is not an option as i will be growing my hair out . but who knows a year later if i accept the buzzcut i will start on topicals

Also guys , I would like to know what do u people believe to be my current density in grafts/sq.cm . Can it be assessed from the buzz . I would like to look at the bigger picture and assume it be my benchmark density for a hair transplant. Well a little better then this i suppose around 20% better. Also how do i get all the experts on this forum to reply to this post . I dont really know my way aroud this forum :confused:

Ace,

If you are a diffusely thinning NW 5/6 or a Ludwig 2 or a "DPA" patterned patient - however you'd like to put it, I think you caught the alopecia at a critical point and will really maintain well with medications. Drugs like finasteride were essentially designed for individuals in your situation. If you can stabilize and maintain with medications, it seems like you'll be in pretty good shape.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Ace,

If you are a diffusely thinning NW 5/6 or a Ludwig 2 or a "DPA" patterned patient - however you'd like to put it, I think you caught the alopecia at a critical point and will really maintain well with medications. Drugs like finasteride were essentially designed for individuals in your situation. If you can stabilize and maintain with medications, it seems like you'll be in pretty good shape.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply bro .I hope that you are right that i caught it early, Still it seems like i have lost around 70% of my orignal density but i am hoping, that i respond well to the medication.Also It would be great if you could reply to my previous query regarding my hair density, as you seem to be a experienced campaigner. Thanks

to be honest thats my opinion of the buzzcut too, that it looks good on me. But the thing is where i live , these buzz cuts are just not socially accepted , plain and simple , they see you in a buzz and go like, hey baldy, they just assume you are bald even if you have a full head of hair . so i like , but socially its unacceptable .

Too bad man. Let me guess...this is India?

Oh man! no way that's a nw6 diffuse. i'm envious of your hair line!

Yeah, you should definitely get some topical product(s) in there. i used propecia and came up with my own concoction (gethairjoy.com) and saw results. Never saw results like that with strictly propecia. congrats!

The shaved head suits you. i'd keep it!

Can you not order Min from amazon & have it shipped to you?

There was a guy on utube I seen he was from india I think & was using 10% Min

I think he came to the USA for a HT sorry against forum rules to post outside links but a little utube search you will find him & shoot him a email asking where he got his Min from.

He sounds & looks a good guy.