How long before surgery should one start scalp exercises?

i would do it. 5 weeks Prior to my 2nd procedure i started doing them. I was told that my elasticity was great, i was originally deemed for around 2k grafts but it became obvious to the doc that he could extract more, leaving me with almost 2.8k.

1st timer or not, just do it for the sake of it. It is only like 15 minutes every day for 3 weeks of your life.

But 500 grafts is forever!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Do them!! I think I started 2 months out or so

My first 2 procedures I didnt do them and I had a bit of scalp tightness and a lower graft amount..

After, ( the third procedure) I had no scalp tightness and was able to yeild more grafts from the donor area. My doc agreed !

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

My doctor ( Dr. True) was not a big fan of them either so I didnt do them for the first 2 surgeries. However, I can tell you he was impressed with my improved laxity after the thrid procedure and yeilded a considerable amount of extra grafts.

they work!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

This is pretty much a no brainer, because gently excercising your scalp early on means that you dont have to get "rough" with it when youre two weeks out and you "remember" that you havnt been doing any of it.

Think of it as a massage, GENTLE

I wouldnt push your hands across your hair so much as grip an area and move it back an forth your skull.

YOu are massaging your dermis, not your hair.

hardcore long-term veteran of hack plug doctors to ultra refined coalition doctors.

knowledgeable about show business hair transplants

No, you do not do them gently. That defeats the whole purpose. You are "stretching" your scalp and being gentle won't help especially if you have a tight scalp to begin with. Your hands should not slide over your hair but should grip the scalp. This is a two way exercise as well. You pull down after you push up. The goal is to increase the distance between the top of the movement and the bottom of the movement by creating tension.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Guys,

We NEED to listen to Jotronic and Bill, they have the experience. Any one else telling you "This is pretty much a no brainer" is perhaps a bit over-confident about his hair transplant education.

take care...

Consider scalp exercises like working out, or stretching your body. It's not designed to be comfortable. But just like the goal of lifting weights is to break the muscle down so that when it repairs, it grows stronger, scalp exercises are designed to stretch the skin, making it easier for your skin to move up and down. This will help your surgeon be able to potentially take more tissue and increase the number of grafts.

Just like after a workout, you should feel a good burn, your scalp should feel worked after scalp exercises.

All the Best,

Bill