Decisions!!! Feller, Bernstein or Nusbaum

jdib

Hello,

I'm planning on doing a HT - most likely FUT for a couple of reasons (one being cost).

Anyway, deciding between these Drs (I travel between NY and Miami often which is why I can do either) :

Dr Feller (NY)

Dr Bernstein (NY)

Dr Nusbaum (FL)

Please let me know your thoughts. If it helps at all - I included a couple of shots of my head. I don't know what you call it or how you would number me - lol. You can't really tell from the pic but I do have nice thick hair on the side and back of my head.

Thanks for the help!! Been reading here for a while but this is my first post.

head1.jpg.a76149f5f73bc9c879241a614f56ea16.jpg

headback.jpg.4323393c5b830996987a95129069a08c.jpg

Feller, as there is more of an evidence base on here whereas Bernstein seems to post a lot of high norwood 'combover' type results. Never seen any Nusbaum cases.

I think 3000-3500 grafts would make a world of difference for you.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hey 1978matt, thanks for the reply.

When you say 3000-3500 - do you mean in one shot?

FYI - there are several Nusbaum cases on this forum.

Bernstein is conservative - you don't see any 'repair' cases generated by him, but he does plenty of repairs of bad hair transplants.

I visited with Bernstein - he will tell you what he sees as the best option, not what you want to hear. If you look through his website you can see he's thought about every aspect of a hair transplant and wants to maximize the cosmetic impact of a limited number of grafts.

Feller has a following on here - but if you read through some of his posts on here, I was not impressed with the way he responded to questions or criticism.

If you're in NY, why not visit with True & Dorin and Wesley as well.

You have fairly extensive hair loss, and you need someone who is going to make sure you look good 20 years from now as well as a year from now.

Good luck,

GFI

Hey 1978matt, thanks for the reply.

When you say 3000-3500 - do you mean in one shot?

FYI - there are several Nusbaum cases on this forum.

You could do maybe 2500 and then boost it with another session 12 months later, if desired. It depends on the sort of result you want. You could have a thinner receeded type look (think Mel Gibson or Pierce Brosnan) or go for something denser and lower (think Josh Brolin or Colin Firth).

You probably need 2500 for the former and 3000-4000 for the latter.

Not the best examples but you get what I mean!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I've had multiple surgeries with Dr. Feller. Great surgeon, great person. I've also met with Dr. Wesley and was impressed with his work and demeanor. I also like a lot of the work T&D have been posting here on the forum. Your best bet is to consult with each one. Best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

When browsing through the boards seeing Dr. Feller's name in a thread always catches my eye. I had a wonderful experience and a life changing result for a conservative number of grafts too.

I recommend him. But of course there are many great doctors around these days.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon