lebron james got his hair back?

MoMo542

so Lebron unveiled his new shoe yesterday and a new hairline with it. what do you guys think he did? i thought maybe a transplant at first.. but i just went back to his icebucket challenge video and he looks pretty bald there. thoughts?

Possibly he just got tired of the shaved looked and decided to grow some hair again.

Maybe he did get a procedure done, only time will tell in another 3-4 months...:rolleyes:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

yeah it's possible he just got serious with his hair and is styling it differently (longer?) with some product in it. But I will say whatever he did, it's looking good. I'm not sure he would have been able to sneak in a hair transplant. Has he played any actual games with his new hair yet?

• 2 weeks later...

The LA Times just did an article today on this very thing, entitled "What exactly is going on with Lebron James' Hairline?" I guess none of us are immune to that dreaded receding hairline....

If he did decide to get a HT and be vocal about it, can you imagine the stigma that would be lifted from hair transplants? Only time will tell....

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

If he did have a procedure, and went to a reputable talented HT surgeon, then his result should turn out awesome.

Too many times the celebrities end up at the hair mills for reasons we will probably never know...:rolleyes:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james--much-talked-about-hairline-seems-to-be-fluctuating-a-bit-these-days-220119836.html

Well his most recent pics show his hairline is receded again. Looks to me like a typical transplant- Grafts put it, looks thick for a few weeks, then they fall out. Now, like all of us, he looks exactly like he did before. Give it another 6 months or so and I'll bet those new hairs start growing back in.

HT2 - March, 2013. 2933 grafts.

HT1 - June, 2006. 800 grafts.

I still don't understand why he didn't just shave his head. Would have looked pretty gangster.

Also, is it just me or does it seem like when celebrities get HTs, the celebrity ends up getting stigmatized and hair transplants don't become de-stigmatized.

I think people like having the illusions that their celebrities are "totally natural" a la Clooney, Pitt, Alba, Johannsen, Gyllenhaal, etc.

Every time I see Tom Cruise or Mitt Romney I feel like they just had really good Konior jobs.

• 2 weeks later...