15000 euros, 7yrs later the result.

johnwest99

John,

What's your plan from here on out? Are you interested in more surgery? Taking any preventive medications? Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Doc,

i had a FUT preocedure and had 1300 grafts approx. 7 years later all my native hair in the area that was transplanted is gone. IMHO very little improvement. did this procedure fail or is this what 1300 grafts looks like?

if i had more clarity i would consider more surgery. but as things stand it seems futile to transplant again

no preventative meds

For 1300 grafts, yes it does look like they all grew. I presume they were just spread across your head rather than targeted in one specific area.

I think you need a further 3000-4000 to cover the front half of your head in order to make a really significant change. HRBR charge celebrity prices so I wouldn't even bother going back there.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

John,

It is difficult, in my opinion, to state whether the procedure "failed" or whether your shed a significant amount of native hair. Do you have any pictures before the procedure? How about at the 12 month post-op point? These may help shed some light. Also, are you interested in preventive meds?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

i have taken propecia for a year and i continued to lose hair so i stopped that. rograine was effective at stopping the rot but i stopped using that after a number of years, it made my scalp sore.

i have shed a ton of native hair since then. i have pictures somewhere i will look for them.

thank u both for your replies

1300 grafts wudnt even scratch the surface of ur hairless so yea it does look like 1300 grafts. have to agree with 1978matt u need about 4000 grafts and probably more to change ur appearance.

u paid 15000 euro for 1300 grafts? thats disturbing. borderline robbery. what kinda HT doctor wud recommend 1/3rd of what u need? a shady one thats who. lotta shady doctors out there and unfortunately u picked one them. sorry to hear.

Do you have a photo of what you're hair looked like pre op? It's kinda hard to determine that your transplant was a complete failure if we are just looking at post ops 7 years after a procedure and not being meds.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

the hair loss surgeon is the most well known in ireland. he has been a guest on national television shows. i was told that i would receive 'gold standard treatment'. No it was not Dr. Katonah

on the day of the procedure after the strip was removed the surgeon said this will be the 1st of several procedures you will have in your lifetime. Up till that moment i thought this was the only procedure i would ever require.

well now that i have a better idea that 1300 is just a fraction of what i need i am considering another procedure. at the minute i am reviewing Dr Saifi and his clinic in Poland.

why do u continue to search for doctors outside the recommended network of doctors. didn't u learn ur lesson the first go around....

just cause a doctor is well know in a particular area doesn't mean he is a top rated doctor around the world and one u shud consider.

The same amount of money invested now with a reputable surgeon would give you 4000 grafts FUE or more, or 5000 grafts FUT with funds left over, and dramatically better results.

The good news is, depending upon how the extraction went in your first surgery, you could have a lot of good donor grafts left for any of the above ops. How is your scar from op 1?

NW5a, fin/foam/couvre

3801 grafts FUE, Dr Jose Lorenzo - Madrid, November 2014

I agree with the rest of the comments that 1300 grafts over that area will result in something that you have. Was there a reason why only 1300 were used was it because that is all he could take or was price a reason? 15,000 Euros is crazy.

We have a lot of patients from Ireland and as a result I will be heading over to Dublin hopefully at the end of November to follow up with some of them. Happy to see you to offer my advice on what can be done next for you.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 5 weeks later...