Miserable Experience and terrible results at CSCHI, Colorado Surgical Center & Hair I

Strata

• 3 months later...
The horror stories of this clinic are finally surfacing, i'm too a victim. First procedure failed and they talked me out of thinking it was their fault. I drank excessively before and after surgery and didn't follow post operative care, I thought the Polysporin treatment was optional because of the way it was worded. Followed everything to a T after I had a SECOND procedure, which butchered my scar even more, i'm now at about 6 months out and there's very little growth. I used to not be embarrassed of my hairloss and was fine shaving it down and throwing on a suit for a nice dinner, now I wear a suit with a baseball hat because the scar and pitting is so bad. I've now lost about 6,000 grafts from two botched procedures and basically screwed for future transplants.

Thanks Colorado Hair Institute for swindling me out of $6k, scumbags.

You drank excessively? Before and after surgery? And who is the scumbag?

This place is a helluva lot better than many out there. Don't be an alcoholic and expect good surgical results.

They ENCOURAGED drinking after, but advised against it before. I did drink some before surgery to calm my nerves and drank after for the pain instead of opiates. The second procedure I didn't drink a week before and didn't drink two weeks after. I followed the polysporin treatment to a T and still horrible results.

I've yet to see one good story about this clinic and so far 4 bad ones.

They didn't encourage drinking after.

That is total nonsense.

And read the internet, it is full of reviews of bad hair transplant results, but it is no reason to be focused on vindictiveness. Get a hobby, get a life.

Some people have excellent results, some don't.

Words straight from Chris's mouth. He asked what I was going to do for the pain when I got home and I said "drink" he said "that works". Second procedure, whoever the woman is, said "go home and relax with a few beers".

The results don't even matter though, proof they're hacks are in my scar that's an inch wide in some places when they said I could shave down to a 1 and no one would notice.

I'm just saying straight from their mouths they encouraged me to drink to relax afterwards. I don't know who you are, but you're EXTREMELY defensive of a clinic and in which you have no proof you don't represent.

I am not defensive of the clinic; I don't know you, and have no desire to meet you.

But you are an angry person, who needs to go and get some exercise and sun and relax.

I don't care about that clinic, I don't care if you sue it, I don't care if your mom sues it, but YOU NEED TO RELAX.

You're talking to a guy who just walked 4 miles in the south Texas sun as a pastime lol. Sorry you don't see why I'm salty for blowing $6k on nothing and blame it on your assumptions of my personal life.

I have no assumptions of your personal life, I was going on what you posted, and I quote:

" I drank excessively before and after surgery and didn't follow post operative care"

On a personal level, I am sick as hell of Americans who think that it's their job to sue everything and everyone. When I read through this thread (including some dude who obviously failed at his hygiene after surgery), I felt obliged to comment. I've met people with bad tattoos, bad tattoos removals, bad cars, bad transmission repairs, bad plumbing repairs, bad sump pumps....and everywhere there is a "bad" something there is someone threatening to sue that "bad" something.

It gets old, and it's pathetic. So no, I don't care about this clinic. But I do care about people who have nothing better to do than go online, trash businesses, and threaten to sue. It is pathetic.

I see where you're coming from, but malpractice and spilling a McDonald's coffee and sueing is a night and day difference IMO. I'm not looking for easy money, I'm a fairly successful independent contractor, I just feel like I've been swindled and left with nothing but a head that looks worse than before.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the late reply, I was keeping quiet because Chris was working with me.

I'm 95% sure it was him or a representative of the clinic in this post. I emailed him politely asking for a refund and he mentioned my bad review in this post, but would refund me if I posted no more bad reviews. A while went by and I emailed him to see what was going on. He refused a refund at this point and offered scar revision only. I argued with him for about a week that he's overlooking I have no results, I'm still out money, I can't take time like that off work, etc. He again agreed to refund me, didn't hear from him again.

I emailed him to see what was going on, no reply, emailed him last night again and he told me to stop emailing him "you don't write bad reviews and get your money back". I kept my end and wrote nothing bad until now, I even told him I'd go back in this post and update that I'd been refunded.

This clinic has truly been a nightmare and I hope no one else has to go through what we did. These people are deceitful pathological liars. I wish I could post the emails, but he threatened a lawsuit if I did. I'm not going to cross that line until I speak with a lawyer.

Edited by Dzl210

• Administrators
Sorry for the late reply, I was keeping quiet because Chris was working with me.

I'm 95% sure it was him or a representative of the clinic in this post. I emailed him politely asking for a refund and he mentioned by bad review in this post, but would refund me if I posted no more bad reviews. A while went by and I emailed him to see what was going on. He refused a refund at this point and offered scar revision only. I argued with him for about a week that he's overlooking I have no results, I'm still out money, I can't take time like that off work, etc. He again agreed to refund me, didn't hear from him again.

I emailed him to see what waa going on, no reply, emailed him last night again and he told me to stop emailing him "you don't write bad reviews and get your money back". I kept my end and wrote nothing bad until now, I even told him I'd go back in this post and update that I'd been refunded.

This clinic has truly been a nightmare and I hope no one else has to go through what we did. These people are deceitful pathological liars. I wish I could post the emails, but he threatened a lawsuit if I did. I'm not going to cross that line until I speak with a lawyer.

Speak with a lawyer and reach out to every forum member here who's had a botched result, consult with a lawyer for a possible class action if everyone agrees to participate, in fact write a review on Yelp, Google, every single hair forum out there. Get the word out, at this point this house of horrors needs to be stopped before they ruin more lives. If you have pictures of your recipient area post op, count the grafts, they've been known to lie about how many grafts they implanted, one case it was literally half, making their $2 graft a complete scam.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Contact the state med board for the office in that state with all information, complaint, email, forum postings in a packet. Also, mail all that info to the FTC. Especially, if you recieve an email of lawsuit when you have been wronged. They take these matters seriously. This is the type of clinics the industry needs to watch out for. I hope that doctor or clinic is not listed on any forum entity based list or hair organization.

Do it now asap, do not wait anoyher year or so. The sooner the better and email a couple of business medical malpractice lawyers as well. If you get enough similar patients, it ends up going into a class action format. Contact the plastic and cosmetic surgeons board in the state and also make them aware. Good luck.

A lawyer with free consult well let you know.

I am truly sorry for what you and the others have endured from this house of horrors. Please consult an attorney and see what they can do for you. That place needs to be shut down forever.

Is this the same doc that worked on you the one from this place called Vive off of 1501 Superior Ave in Newport Beach, California? That website for Vive states "Dr. Searle, DO is a member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery."

I also went back and read my older posts and would like to clear up the only reason I didn't follow post operative care of "scab prevention" was because I wanted it to heal naturally. I stayed out of public and figured it was better to have it scab and heal. I did still sterilize everything with hibicleanse and also put polysporin on the sutures.

Either way, even with care exactly like recommended, it was still a failure my second time. They were good at making it sound like it was my fault the first time though. Almost thought they were decent people fixing my mistake...HA!