Dr.Hasson 5527 Grafts/ Repair/ One Session/ FUT/ 10 Months

This patient in his late 30's from California decided to stay local for his first hair transplant procedure. Unfortunately as you can see it didn't turn out the way he had hoped. After further research on forums such as this one he found Dr. Hasson and decided to have him repair his previous work.

Fortunately he still had good donor hair remaining along with great laxity to enable Dr. Hasson to harvest a large number of grafts just 8-9 months after the first procedure. Dr. Hasson eliminated the pluggy unnatural low density look of his old procedure with 5527 grafts. He rebuild the hairline and frontal zone working into the mid scalp. The bulk of the grafts were placed in the front half with a few added to the crown.

The patient was placed on Proscar at the time of surgery.

Graft breakdown: 1107 - singles, 3612 - doubles - 808 - 3-4 hair fu's.

He said he was very happy with the result, imagine that :-)

Look for the video of this patient on Friday.

60617_aa664e_d0b386.jpg

60621_c88a11_e011a7.jpg

60624_85ffc2_a08a78.jpg

60626_7b9679_e3af79.jpg

60629_97ffcd_e6b5b8.jpg

60631_a7e388_8f1c78.jpg

60634_1148aa_854e8a.jpg

60637_881aeb_e37223.jpg

60639_f79a7d_950a88.jpg

60642_39972d_921379.jpg

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thanks very much to all of you for your comments. Snell here is the HD Video which shows a comb through of the donor.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

densedream,

The bulk of the transplants were done in the front half where the medication had little or no impact on the result. A small amount of grafts were placed in the crown and the medication did play a roll in the overall coverage of the crown. I'll post an immediate post-op shot and expand on this when I get back to the clinic next week.

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Upon further review of the file, we don't have a good post op pic that clearly shows the entire scalp. This shot depicts about 5,000 of the grafts with the rest placed in the crown. As mentioned earlier, the plan was to dense pack the frontal zone and mid scalp with enough grafts to hide the previous work along with creating a natural hairline. Any additional grafts would be placed in the crown. Dr. Hasson of course felt that the priority was the front half and the patient agreed. His thoughts were to place the additional grafts in the small area of the crown that was the weakest. There was a reasonable expectation that due to the nature of the loss, the medication may improve the surrounding hair to some degree. The option would exist to perform another small session in the crown if necessary or desired. In this case the patient responded well to the medication, most would not opt for another surgery. This is a good example of why we feel many patients would benefit from the medication. In many cases while surgery does the heavy lifting, the combination of surgery and medication can produce the best long lasting results. It can be the difference between full coverage or a good result in front and on top but a thinning and eventually bald crown.

73647_3e205f_9c986c.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com