Depression...

Sitting at home cant sleep at 3am...

22 Years old, NW 3 thinking about a Hair Transplantation.

Everybody says NO because im too young etc...

but i cant wait anymore. cba waiting 10-20 years. i need the hairs at the moment in my 20s

what would you say?

PICS

http://i61.tinypic.com/24oqc6x.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/1zelbbt.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/4qk8l1.jpg

from the photos you look like you have a good shaped head good looking lad, you are already shaving it down to #1 or #2 which suits you, you look fit & healthy, my suggestion is just wait another 4 years and see what level NW you are then. sorry probably not the info you wanted to hear but 22 is young to have HT

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Your young age is a huge factor because you'd be more bald by the time you're 32. Any HTs at a young age is inherently risky dues to future hairloss.

You have good donor area. It appears you could retain the front forelock. But I dont know many surgeons that would work on young advanced NWs such as yourself.

Start using 5% minoxidil twice daily and 1mg finasteride daily to prevent further hairloss. In some cases you can get decent hair regorwth.

Stabilise your hairloss first and go on with life for 2-3 years with a shaved head. In your mid-late twenties, re-assess things.

Lastly, Don't do anything rash like doing a HT with a surgeon other than the recommended surgeons from this forum.

You have pretty severe loss for a 22 year old so I would take my time to choose a good doctor because you will need every last donor hair and can't afford to make a mistake by choosing an incompetent doctor.

If I were you I would looking to a FUE procedure with a top doc if you can afford it. There are also some economical doctors in Turkey and India as well I am having an FUE with Dr, Bhatti in three weeks but I am 32 and my loss isn't as bad as yours yet. You could get a FUE to make a hairline and wait for some time to see how your balding progresses. You need to get on Finasteride ASAP. Skip the minoxidil(Rogaine) because that just gives short term gains and can damage and age your skin and is not worth the hassle.

So do Finasteride for one year and then FUE to make a nice hairline. I that will boost your confidence and help your depression. I know it must be hard to be so young and lose your youth to the bastard of male pattern baldness. Good Luck

I think if you get on Propecia you might be able to start and think about a transplant. Yes you are young but you have lost quite a lot already and with a good doctor they will be able to help I think. If it's making you so down, just go for it buddy. Choose a doctor from here though. Email a few with pics and see what they say.

Don't get an HT. You are too young like everyone is saying, if you are at this level of loss at 22 then it's likely you will lose all of it. If you get an HT now, you will eventually be left with an island of nonsense hair and that won't be a good look.

I was 22 when I had my first HT and it's my biggest regret of my life, and I had loads of hair when I did it.

Try and stabilize your loss, hit the gym and sit back and see what happens, no one else cares about your hairloss except for you, if you see a bald man walking down the street you don't bat an eyelid, but if you see someone with an obvious HT you stare.

You have nothing to lose by waiting.

hey CONEJO18. i got a HT 1000 grafts at age 22(24 now) and it worked out well however i was just at a receding hairline and my hair is very strong do to taking rogaine every day twice a day and biotin supplements. i have to be critical of you here, if you wanted your hair so bad you would have gotten on rogaine and propecia at 18 or 19 and you would see if HT is worth it. you waited for disaster before you starting getting mad at your situation. you seem like a bad candidate based off not your age but rate your losing hair, if you do the propecia and rogaine and notice improvement id go with one and one guy only. dr rahal. thats who im goign to next for my 2nd hair transplant. bad news- probably not a good candidate. good news- maybe the cure will be out in 5 years and all the ht people will look stupid

I agree with the guy who said you're fortunate to have a head that would look good bald... not everybody has that. I'm barely NW2 at the worst, but the feel of my head and dents I have make me feel pretty confident I'd be one creepy ass bald dude.

I can understand the frustration because I'm dealing with it too.

Got to agree with the people suggesting you get on minoxidil and finasteride.

Reassess in a year or two and if you find you''re a good responder and have maintained your hair, you are then in a great position moving forward with a transplant.

At your young age it's vital that you don't make any quick decisions that you may regret further down the line.

All the best.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.