Dr Bhatti - 2nd FUE Session - 8 May 2014

Do you have recent pictures to go along with your dissatisfaction. It's only been 5 months. I'm sure you know, since you're a frequent reader and poster, that it's to early to judge the results of your second procedure.

As usual, fueonly is in here to talk about how much better the other fue doctors are... I guarantee that if you send your pictures before you had any surgeries, that most doctors would refuse to do a procedure. You were a NW7 with a thin donor. Most doctors know that they will never make you happy and it's a lost cause. I think that your expectations were unrealistic and Dr. Bhatti should have did a better job explaining that your results would never resemble a head full of hair. Saying that you are heartbroken is not a great way to describe your situation. You were a NW7 with dropped sides. You would need 15,000 grafts to fill that in with moderate density. Your research should have informed you that you would never have a lot of hair and it's impossible for any doctor to make it happen. If you don't believe me, email your before pictures to all the top FUE doctors and then post their replies here. Don't let FUEonly build up your hopes because he has no idea what he's talking about.

Looking at you after pictures from you first procedure, you did have growth and I bet most grafts grew but it's doesn't look that great because you had a gigantic area to cover.

Now look at this recent Dr. Hasson patient. His hairloss was nowhere near as bad as yours from the start. He had over 8000 grafts! So double the grafts and half the hairloss is the only way to get a full head of hair. I'm truly sorry about you hairloss and that it bothers you so much. It bothers all of us but I couldn't imagine your situation. But it's a reality and you have to be realistic with your expectations and not point the blame at the doctor because he couldn't fill a NW7 with 3500 grafts.

Please post pictures after your 2nd hair transplant has had time to work.

NW7.jpg.26881ec9522a2b72fc47a6ca19741536.jpg

5b32e1723126a_10month.jpg.de5f08256e6a112af18c8228024943a4.jpg

5b32e172beb7e_hw.jpg.9124b899518a3d9e6bbaf3249b19a112.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eternal,

I know how stressful it is waiting for a a hair transplant to mature and I also know the results of your first procedure. However, densedream has offered some sound advice. It is still far too early to judge the results of this second procedure. Give it time to mature and then please share some updated photos with us.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Also Denesdream, I know 3 people on this forum who had to (planning to) go for second session with Bhatti because they were not happy with the first session of Dr Bhatti.

And then I know one person outside this forum.

Now its very much possible that all 4 of us were a poor candidate for HT but that's a high coincidence . Dont you think so ?

Well according to you first surgery you only had 3180 grafts. I haven't seen the results of your second procedure because it's far too early. Looking at you pre-op and 10 month post op pictures of 3180 grafts I do believe you had an okay growth but I'm not sure if it was full growth or what the strategy was by Dr Bhatti. I can understand your frustrations and I think you were not a hair transplant candidate to begin with. What was your ultimate goal/expectations with a hair transplant? Did Dr. Bhatti say that goal was possible? If you could post some pictures of where you are now, it would be great. Either way don't judge your growth from the second procedure because it's not matured at all yet. Also I would like to find the three other Dr. Bhatti patients that had bad growth on their first surgery. I have yet to see anyone on this forum or internet with no growth.

This patient’s result is quite educative for the potential balding client seeking a hair transplant. I often refer the link to this thread to some customers so that they have realistic expectations of possible outcomes in situations like this.

The present patient had a meager quantity and sub-optimal quality of donor hair due to which, consequent to the patient’s inability to accept his balding, a procedure was done.

As you can see this is the donor area at the time of the first procedure and the second picture (shaved) is the donor area just before commencing the second procedure. Very few good quality grafts were available for the first stage and even lesser for the second. Hence the first procedure was supplemented by body hair from the beard.

In the next post I shall show you the balding area and thereafter during the latter half of the day we shall discuss his result all based on pictures taken in the clinic.

IMG_9236.JPG.7fbd848a39427d204be615444591267f.JPG

IMG_5173.JPG.7c7b039655a15b90247d12effabd9755.JPG

No, I'm not a representative of Dr. Bhatti. I just read through your case completely and I think that you are to impatient and your expectations are unreasonable. I was hoping to give my opinion without sugar coating it. I know you don't want to hear this but you were extremely bald, only 29 years old, and have a weak donor area. In your other thread you were saying how unhappy you were after your first procedure and it had only been 85 days... Did you not do any research before having a procedure? Now you're doing it again even though you have already been through this before. It's been 5 months and you are already calling your second procedure a failure. I

think Dr. Bhatti did the best he could do with your difficult situation. Most doctors would not have even bothered because they wouldn't want to deal with exactly whats going on now. Going forward, I think you will have to be satisfied with keeping you hair short and at least now you have a hairline to help frame your face.

Why don't you post some more pictures?

This is a set of pictures taken just before the commencement of the second procedure.

To my mind, given the complexities of the case where we had to take a large number of body grafts along with poor quality scalp grafts on the insistence of the patient after due counselling I feel this is a satisfactory result. There is no reason to believe that the result after the second procedure shall be even better.

Unhappy patients like these even after due counselling devoid of hard sell do teach the hair restoration surgeon a lesson- to be careful in future while accepting such cases.

Slide4.jpg.9eefbd5f99c623f1095f7b838475fe8a.jpg

Slide5.jpg.3dc7ef85ce69262434ca3e3c142fa448.jpg

Slide6.jpg.8ed9546de0831cb6045486e0dbe02a17.jpg

Wow! Those new pictures tell another story to what I was thinking. The results look much better than I thought or was lead to believe by most of enternaldenieds post. How could you be so heartbroken' after going from completely bald to that after one procedure. I can guaranteed after your second procedure matures it will be even better. These results are more than satisfactory.

enternal can you confirm that this is how you started in the picture below.

NW7.jpg.1c9f052166b4f82def9d50f70e89a8fc.jpg

I will just put forward a few points and then I will shut up because I dont want to indulge in a blame game

1. Yes, I was eager to get a HT and yes I was counseled but No, I was not told that my results could be as poor as this.

2. Yes, I did not do thorough research. Blame it on me. I take it hands down.

3. The picture darling buds has posted which you are very impressed with denesdrem is not telling the true story because my hair in that picture is combed in a way to hide baldness. Its the right scalp that is bald . If you comb it from left to right to hide the baldness, that does not make it wow. What more, there's toppik sprayed over. Comeon Dr Bhatti, I still respect you. Why are you ruining it?

5. Screen name of patients that had to do multiple visits to darling buds.

Shane13

HTfue

When you deal with a patient having potential low yield the hair are not evenly distributed all over the scalp. This is the technique of “strategic placement”. The patient is advised that a particular hair styling method be done to get a good result with minimum grafts available. In this particular patient’s case we had reached an agreement as per records available with me that he agreed to part his hair on the left with a flick to the right till he got the second procedure when he could go in for any styling he chose after more grafts were added to the right side. This is the reason why the density was low on the right side in his case; and also in some other similar cases in the past which were corrected in the second procedure with more grafts.

However, the case of “Shane13” is different. He was noted to have a localized flaky skin lesion the size of a coin where grafts did not grow. This was rectified with minimal grafts and he is a very happy patient today. Please refer his thread.

‘eternaldenied’ had no Toppik on when he came for his second procedure just before which the pictures were taken. All patients come after a shampoo scrub. None of my patients in all my results on this forum or my website FUE Hair Transplant India - Darling Buds | Dr. Tejinder Bhatti are with Toppik on. There are better ways to ask for subsidised procedures than attempting to arm-twist through a thread on HRN.

When you do such large number of cases, it is natural that a few dissatisfied clients will always result. However, we never abandon them like we did not abandon "eternaldenied".

And as I said, this is a lovely thread where I shall keep referring my clients with unrealistic expectations.

I will just put forward a few points and then I will shut up because I dont want to indulge in a blame game

1. Yes, I was eager to get a HT and yes I was counseled but No, I was not told that my results could be as poor as this.

2. Yes, I did not do thorough research. Blame it on me. I take it hands down.

3. The picture darling buds has posted which you are very impressed with denesdrem is not telling the true story because my hair in that picture is combed in a way to hide baldness. Its the right scalp that is bald . If you comb it from left to right to hide the baldness, that does not make it wow. What more, there's toppik sprayed over. Comeon Dr Bhatti, I still respect you. Why are you ruining it?

5. Screen name of patients that had to do multiple visits to darling buds.

Shane13

HTfue

1. You results are not poor. LOOK at you before pic. You were completely and utterly bald. Now look at the picture that Dr. Bhatti posted. You have way more hair. Maybe you forgot where you came from and how much progress you made. It's a common thing, it's called hair greed. Many people on this site will tell you that this feeling is real and we often forget where we actually started. I posted a picture of your bald melon and it's apparent that you have come a long way

2. You expectations are a bit misguided. You will never be able to have Elvis hair or be able to pull off a cool model like hair style. It's just not possible no matter who you doctor was. You unfortunately had too much hair loss and I'm sorry for that.

3. The picture is telling of the story. Everyone with hair loss has to comb their hair in a certain manner to make it look it's best, even after hair transplants. It's an illusion of density not true density that the hair transplant creates. After I started thinning I know I could not put gel in my hair and spike it up because it would look thin and terrible. Instead I have to settle for a comb over styles that creates a layered effect in which it looks thicker and fuller. Your situation is the same. You need to have a comb over effect in order to give an illusion of some density. You can't just do any style that you want because you only have 3200 grafts in a place where before you were balding had 15,000 grafts.

It's pretty low to accuse the doctor of putting Topick in your hair before taking this picture. This site is not made for the purpose of extortion. It does hold doctors more accountable for their work but in this case it's very apparent that you are someone that has unreachable expectations and no patience sense you can't even wait 12 months before calling your second procedure a failure. It is a very serious allegation to suggest that hair concealer was in your hair in order to make it look better than it was.

Once again can you post some pictures of your current situation in natural light? Not sure why you are avoiding this.

On completion of his 9 months post second procedure he can walk into my clinic and I shall shoot an HD video of his result and post it on this thread for all to see. (with a signed statement that Toppik was not used ):)

I am sure it shall be an excellent result despite the poor quality of grafts utilised.

Hi All,

I have not chimed in so far because I am in the US West Coast. I went through the recent posts on this thread in the morning and wanted to list my comments:

1. Densedream is NOT a representative of Dr. Bhatti. I am. Densedream is a Patient of Dr. Bhatti and has absolutely no financial or any other gain by rooting for Dr. Bhatti. He is doing what he is doing just because he believes in the HT Surgeon that he chose for his procedure. God bless his heart. Almost all of Dr. Bhatti Patients that I have come into contact with have shown similar level of loyalty. This should speak volumes for the kind of HT Surgeon AND kind hearted human being that Dr. Bhatti is.

2. Eternaldenied was extensively counseled by our Clinic about the "realistic expectations". We all want to have more hair but unfortunately, often times, that is just not possible. The deeper question is ......would such a Patient be better off if the Surgeon just refuses to perform his procedure and he has to "live" with total baldness (NW7) for the rest of his life.....or the Surgeon agrees to work with him and the limited donor hair available.....and the Patient ends up with a 'decent' amount hair on his head.....My definition of "decent" here would be an illusion of good coverage.

3. After the first procedure (Dr. Bhatti has uploaded the pictures), Eternaldenied had claimed that his transplanted grafts did not grow at all. Even though, we, as a Clinic thought that that was highly improbable, we did not challenge his claims. We took his word for it and offered a 50% discount for his second procedure.

Dr. Bhatti has always backed up his work and his Patient results and this was no exception. As he has rightly said, we NEVER abandon our Patients. But situations like this put us on a spot .......where we are forced to take a step back and rethink if we should be just turning down such cases upfront and not pursue our belief that "a decent hair coverage is better than total baldness".

4. Last and yes, the LEAST......FUEONLY...... I have called him on his "blackmail" attempts so many times but he has NEVER shown the COURAGE to be upfront and honest about his agenda. Consider this.....if you dislike an HT Surgeon's work so much and are always waiting for an opportunity to bash, discredit, malign and insult that Surgeon.....would you in your right frame of mind approach that same Surgeon and request him to hire you to be his representative? Well, that is what our friend, the one and only "FUEONLY" did. Right after his request got turned down, he turned into a "Dr. Bhatti basher".....he makes his insulting comments and when he gets called on it, instead of backing up his claims....he melts away in the darkness.......come on, FUEONLY.......show some integrity. How long are you going to hold on to the "grudge" and where is this spite going to take you?

Again, I have emails from you asking Dr. Bhatti to hire you as his Rep for the US Midwest region.....so you have no room to deny.

In conclusion, Eternaldenied, we as a Clinic will not abandon you but we do hope that you will help all of us by having realistic expectations.

We wish you all the best.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

eternal the video dr bhatti wants to shoot you can shoot in good light and photo

which dr bhatti posted is in dim light. california i already replied you and you have on your thread i dont know why i contacted you to be dr bhatti rep and if i did that was a big mistake. if i want to be i would have contacted dr bhatti and I never NEVER did CONTACTED DR BHATTI otherwise he (dr bhatti)would have posted here.

THIS SENTENCE ABOVE I HAVE REPLIED YOU BEFORE ALSO CALIFOORNIAAAAA

ONLY THING WHICH WILL BUDGE ME FROM CHANGING MY STANCE ON DR BHATTI WORK WILL BE HIS GOOD WORK SPECIFICALY HAIRLINE HAIRLINE HAIRLINE HAIRLINE HAIRLINE HAIRLINE HAIRLINE HAIRLINE AND GOOD PLACEMENT OF GRAFT THAT TO ARTISTICALY AND VERYWELL SPACED IN.

California now you stop blackmailing me on that bygone BS phrase you are using again and again. Talk to me about Current situation I am having freedom to express my opinion and even now I clearly voice my opinion dr bhatti does not know what is hairline period.

California if you are dr bhatti rep and dr bhatti is claiming he is doing HT from how many years go chekc his website and post his first case back in that date what he claims to be ht surgeon from back so many years

eternal head is big he has depleted donor all this no sense statement i dont beleive

Eternal has passion to get hair as any other bald person goes to HT surgeon and surgeon with right skill will explore all avenues including body hair. One thing is very imp placement of grafts and constructing hairline.

Go and check HT surgeons like bisanga, mwamba and many other surgeons have put more then(i am not saying dr mwamba has put these grafts ) 15000 plus grafts to severely bald and butchered scarred scalp reducted patients. Yes they have given them head with decent coverage of hair with scalp hair including body hair.

California post pic of dr bhattis patient pre op , post op and uptill 12months growth of hair on patients head. Yes and then give HD video where other doctors on you tube post . Video should clearly show that dr bhatti is combing hair of patient from front to back and then combing through temple points and going back. Video should show 360 degree turn from left year to right year

HAIRLINE IS NOT A JOKE IT TAKES SKILLS AND VERY HARD WORK AND EFFORTS.

google what is hairline and you will know what i am talking about

When he will do good work I will ofcourse agree and will be the first person to post here.

Eternal do not listen to fueonly. He is not a hair transplant surgeon, nor he has had a transplant himself and he is not experienced in the hair restoration industry to qualify as an "hair transplant guru". I am not a patient of Dr Bhatti but what I have seen his work is excellent. Regarding your case; you did not have enough donor hair and your aims were not realistic. There was a patient of Dr Koray Edogran who posted his results a few months ago. His loss and donor was very similar to yours. He also was upset but Dr Koray was realistic with him at the beginning. You will NEVER get the

density or hair style you desire due to your lack of donor.

Fueonly: Why do you feel the grafts are spaced out? Because he does not have enough donor to begin with. You are quoting other doctors "1500 grafts". You do not understand if the donor is thin to begin with, then it will also be thin when moved to the front of the scalp. DONOR HAIR ALWAYS RETAINS THE SAME CHARACTERSITC WHEN MOVED. Who are you to criticise Dr Bhatti? He has a wealth of experience, medical qualifications. Which doctor will chose you as their rep? You make no sense when you write, its all baloney. A lot of people have had enough of you.

This is an interesting case and I'll like to share my impartial point of view, not knowing either etneral or dr.bhatti

Dr Bhatti: I've been impressed by his candidness and professionalism on many occasions when he has addressed the forum with patient concerns & issues. He articulates very well and appears to be genuine and also has detailed replies. In terms of his results, I think its solid. It appears to me Dr.Bhatti does take on higher NW cases than the usual FUE surgeon and this my be the issue of perceived "poor results"

eternal: You started off very bald & very thin in the donor. It appears to me that given time without medication you might have very little donor area remanining when you reach age 55-60.

3200 grafts for 1st HT is only enough to build a satisfactory hairline and some density few inches behind it. 1000 grafts and 800 beard grafts will add more density to the 1st HT but it won't do much to improve your appearance in a major way in terms of having the freedom to style your hair short. The comb over style is the best style for your situation. The after photo provided by Dr.Bhatti demostrates a result which I would expect from the 2 HTs and your hairloss profile.

With FUE there is a lower yield rate so perhaps not all of the 4800 grafts would've been successful. I wonder how many grafts were transected and discarded and how many were damaged during harvest and implanted or if your donor area is vulnerable to DHT perhaps they succcumb to shockloss. FUE yield rates for beard grafts be even lower than normal FUE grafts so I wouldn't bank to much on getting too much success from those grafts.

Overall I think Dr.Bhatti has done a good job with limited resources. Could it have been better? Perhaps? But eternal is much much less bald than what he was before.

Also, better photos from both sides would be good to assess the situation fully.

Edited by Loags79

This is an interesting case and I'll like to share my impartial point of view, not knowing the etneral or dr.bhatti

Dr Bhatti: I've been impressed by his candidness and professionalism on many occasionx when he's address the forum with concern & issues. He articulates very well and appears to be genuine and also detailed in his replies. In terms of his results, I think its solid. It appears to me Dr.Bhatti does take on higher NW cases than the typical FUE HT surgeon and this my be the issue of perceived "poor results"

eternal: You started off very bald & very thin in the donor. It appears to me that given time without medication you might have very little donor area remanining when you reach age 55-60.

3200 grafts for 1st HT is only enough to build a satisfactory hairline and some density few inches behind it. 1000 grafts and 800 beard grafts will add more density to the 1st HT but it won't do much to improve your appearance in a major way. The after photo provided by Dr.Bhatti demostrates a result which I would expect from the 2 HTs and your hairloss profile.

With FUE there is a lower yield rate so perhaps not all of the 4800 grafts would've been successful. I wonder how many grafts were transected and discarded and how many were damaged during harvest and implanted or if your donor area is vulnerable to DHT perhaps they succcumb to shockloss. FUE yield rates for beard grafts be even lower than normal FUE grafts so I wouldn't bank to much on getting too much success from those grafts.

Overall I think Dr.Bhatti has don't a good job with limited resources. Could it have been better? Perhaps? But you are much much less bald than what you were before.

Also, better photos from both sides would good to assess the situation.

Hi Loags79,

Your feedback and comments are highly appreciated. Thank you for your kind words. Just wanted to bring one fact to your attention (making sure that we are all on the same page). The "after" pictures for eternal that were uploaded by Dr. Bhatti are after the first procedure. The results of the second procedure are still awaited since he is only 5 months post-op.

Best regards,

California

Edited by California

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Eternal, I hope you are doing good. Honestly I was with you in the beginning. But when Dr.Bhatti posted your result, I was very impressed. It will be good for you if you could compare other Norwood 6/7 cases like yourself who had undergone HTs. You might not feel so bad then. I honestly think after 8/9 months of the second procedure you will be pleased. Just lay back and relax for the next few months. And thank you Dr. Bhatti for clarifying the matter.

Eternal, I hope you are doing good. Honestly I was with you in the beginning. But when Dr.Bhatti posted your result, I was very impressed. It will be good for you if you could compare other Norwood 6/7 cases like yourself who had undergone HTs. You might not feel so bad then. I honestly think after 8/9 months of the second procedure you will be pleased. Just lay back and relax for the next few months. And thank you Dr. Bhatti for clarifying the matter.

Hi Rez1,

Thank you for your comments. Very positive and encouraging. This is the way it should be. It becomes our moral and ethical duty to empathize and sympathize with each other.......only a hair loss suffer can understand and appreciate the pain and frustration of another hair loss sufferer. Yourself, Loags79, Yaz89 and densedream have encouraged this Patient and advised him to be hopeful and yet, realistic at the same time.

We will be following up on eternal's HT progress.

Best regards,

California

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your support and feedback.

Those after Pics that Dr Bhatti has posted, those are actually impressive. Even, I could not recognize myself at the first glance because that's not how I look. I am not sure what is there with those pics, most probably the angle in which hair has been combed, the lighting, and the way pic has been taken , the bald area is just not visible. However, trust me guys, that's not how I look at the moment, if you have a top view of my scalp. I have got an almost bald right scalp. Any one can meet me in person to verify this.

@Dr Bhatti, I would like to assure you that I am not at all expecting a subsidized procedure and I did not intend to arm twist the thread on HRN. I have nothing against you.

To be fair to Dr Bhatti, yes, he did suggest me to grow my hair longer and comb from left to right because that will give me better look.

I do not follow his suggestion because I have got this almost bald right scalp and when I comb my hair from left to right, I feel as if I am trying to hide my baldness. I would rather shave my head than try to do a combover technique. Since, I was uncomfortable with combover style, I decided to have a second procedure with Dr Bhatti.

~eternalDenied