IMG_2727.JPG.abef152b542584e60aefeca854a8acce.JPG

IMG_2775.JPG.46ab46d5285b1e5ffd553f9c8691daf6.JPG

IMG_8432.JPG.ba6361ac4eb9ad7528dfe5467358be7c.JPG

IMG_2744.JPG.148acf02405fcf28565714c2b39fc555.JPG

IMG_8434.JPG.6f0d2ae6aa8194df93859158e376256d.JPG

IMG_2751.JPG.c159916e90c499f9d788ccd701fa1a5e.JPG

IMG_8436.JPG.16ca3022ccdf52f11b53abf275cea3ff.JPG

IMG_2790.jpg.15aa77acea28ba0461ed194a78bf68dd.jpg

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.

An immediate post op pic would have been helpful. The frontal view of the result hairline looks good but doesn't tell the whole story because the hair is bending down and out. If his hair was combed straight up I don't think the result would look as appealing (not that it would look bad, just saying).

Did this guy have a previous HT? If not this is probably the most bizarre balding pattern I've seen... you classified him as a NW-3, I would have classified him as a NW-WTF.

Patient Information

Months Post-op: 9 Months

Norwood Scale: 3

Procedure Type: FUT

Treatment Areas: Hairline, Mid-Scalp

Graft Count: 2946

I got 200 grafts less than this guy with Dr Rahal and have ended up with a much worse result. Still trying to get my head round that.

I got 200 grafts less than this guy with Dr Rahal and have ended up with a much worse result. Still trying to get my head round that.

Mega-sessions compromise graft survivorship so results can be quite variable from person to person

Nonsense. 2,700 is not a mega session.

4,000 plus grafts are a mega session.

Have you ever had an FUE? If so you will know the time it takes to accurately and carefully select, handle, and transplant 1000 grafts. Despite what you may define as a mega-session, 2700 is too many in one day in my opinion. Moreover, packing all of these into a small area (as Rahal tends to do to achieve his dense hairlines), maximizes trauma, popping, and can only lead to poorer yield compared to spacing out grafts both spatially and temporally over more than one session when a couple of thousand are required.

Those are my general opinions based on my experiences.

Have you ever had an FUE? If so you will know the time it takes to accurately and carefully select, handle, and transplant 1000 grafts. Despite what you may define as a mega-session, 2700 is too many in one day in my opinion. Moreover, packing all of these into a small area (as Rahal tends to do to achieve his dense hairlines), maximizes trauma, popping, and can only lead to poorer yield compared to spacing out grafts both spatially and temporally over more than one session when a couple of thousand are required.

Those are my general opinions based on my experiences.

We are talking about 2 different things here. I am talking about FUT. My procedure was FUT and so was this patient's.

Also dont get me wrong, I am not doubting Dr Rahal's ability or integrity. I know from speaking to him and his representatives that he takes pride in his work and takes every case seriously. He is currently taking my case seriously.

I am just bemoaning my luck that I had a poor result and wondering where it all went wrong.

Never compare your self to others pal hts are not a exact science and we all have different physiology.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Never compare your self to others pal hts are not a exact science and we all have different physiology.

What's the point of doctors posting results here then, if we are not to associate the result of their patients with what could be done for us?

We are talking about 2 different things here. I am talking about FUT. My procedure was FUT and so was this patient's.

Also dont get me wrong, I am not doubting Dr Rahal's ability or integrity. I know from speaking to him and his representatives that he takes pride in his work and takes every case seriously. He is currently taking my case seriously.

I am just bemoaning my luck that I had a poor result and wondering where it all went wrong.

Perhaps you're a non-responder.

What's the point of doctors posting results here then, if we are not to associate the result of their patients with what could be done for us?

Wow... Good question... I find it funny that when a patient's result is not a success the clinic often blames the patient's physiology... But then offer a repair anyway even though physiology is fixed. I find it even funnier when said patient goes to another clinic and gets a great result. Guess physiology comes and goes :P

To see what can be achieved and to showcase results by surgeons so you can decide who you have best chance with and so you can avoid charlatan surgeons which they are many of that's the truth of the matter mate. I've been round the block for 14 years and had 5 hts so learnt a lot along my journey.

Comparing graft count to someone else is useless I've done it enough times it simply doesn't work like that some people get better coverage than others with same surgeon using half the grafts.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk