Dr. Bessam Farjo - 2816 FUT

This patient was in his mid 40’s when he had surgery a few years ago. His aim was to improve things at the front and top with no real interest in the crown. His hair density was below average at 1.7 and we transferred 2816 follicular units to the front and top.

He is very happy with his result and recently returned to have work in his crown which his wife was instrumental in him doing as she was so pleased with the front.

5b32dfe7ac2be_IMG_1323a(2).jpg.b65f3c5663442afdcd8ff9ef7cabbd49.jpg

5b32dfe7bda67_IMG_1325c(2).jpg.f05c04f2f231fc61e35fe5a3731369fc.jpg

IMG_1326d.jpg.c7a03a0246403e61f87bddd305f6a67f.jpg

IMG_1328e.jpg.8a4a38c1d22cb1919083fe92c6372c5f.jpg

IMG_1329f_000.jpg.8ef45ddc3e264bd5a24307c3eaa2f517.jpg

IMG_1353h.jpg.badcf9382b8fe38a490ac54929c9e334.jpg

DSC02158a.jpg.a2a3f2aaa1abca84b3971477b4dfa219.jpg

DSC02159b.jpg.a61d59b608f578bb65b432db27cb1879.jpg

DSC02164g.jpg.959087f9acc6428ade57b815a6c13934.jpg

DSC02169l.jpg.52322263885658e32a5f9da8277dd303.jpg

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Shots with the hair pulled up showing the hairline would have been really nice. It looks like the grafts may have come in nicely, but I find it strange how the grafts were used. It seems like an overwhelming majority of the grafts were used to fill in the hairloss behind the hairline and a ways back towards the crown. But not a whole lot were used to frame his face, as he still has a similar hairline and level of loss at the very front (i.e. pic 7 of 10). For wanting to focus on improving things up front, I find this strategy weird. Maybe he still wanted to appear as though he was experiencing quite a bit of hairloss upfront still after the HT to look more natural.... I personally would not want that but maybe he did.

Looks like a good start. Clearly this chap doesn't have the best hair qualities hence the conservative hairline placement.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Shots with the hair pulled up showing the hairline would have been really nice. It looks like the grafts may have come in nicely, but I find it strange how the grafts were used. It seems like an overwhelming majority of the grafts were used to fill in the hairloss behind the hairline and a ways back towards the crown. But not a whole lot were used to frame his face, as he still has a similar hairline and level of loss at the very front (i.e. pic 7 of 10). For wanting to focus on improving things up front, I find this strategy weird. Maybe he still wanted to appear as though he was experiencing quite a bit of hairloss upfront still after the HT to look more natural.... I personally would not want that but maybe he did.

Thanks for your comments Rootz.

As I mentioned, this patient had low density donor hair, he also had a large number of single hair grafts which resulted in a rather low hair count. With this in mind, and given the size of the area to be treated, the patient requested for reasonable coverage to the front half rather than creating a dense hairline. I think there is still a marked difference in the front-on pics (pics 1 and 7).

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Looks like a good start. Clearly this chap doesn't have the best hair qualities hence the conservative hairline placement.

Appreciate the comment Matt.

Thanks for your comments Rootz.

As I mentioned, this patient had low density donor hair, he also had a large number of single hair grafts which resulted in a rather low hair count. With this in mind, and given the size of the area to be treated, the patient requested for reasonable coverage to the front half rather than creating a dense hairline. I think there is still a marked difference in the front-on pics (pics 1 and 7).

Thank you for the clarification, I am confused though how the low density in the donor hair would translate into significantly lower (and overall just "very low") density at the hairline. Although there was a big improvement, he still looks like he is rapidly going bald at the hairline due to the very low density. It looks natural, but I find it strange he desired this look especially since he was interested in improving just the front.

A good starting point i agree. I see he is going to be having some additional work on the crown - will he also be having additional grafts to what hes already started?

Im not sure of the specifics of his second ht johnboy, I'll check with Mick but I believe it was just the crown that was transplanted. Hopefully we will update this topic further as time goes on.

What was the total area covered in cm2?

How thick was his hair? (fine, medium-fine, etc).

Also, where would you place his current hairline on the norwood scale (after the transplant)?

How many fu/cm2 were transplanted in the recipient?

1. I recommend sharing HD videos of your patients from Dr. Farjo. This should be mandatory for all recommended surgeons.

2. I recommend combing his hair back, that way, we can see his hairline.

3. Finally, please share more information, such as total area covered, hair thickness, total grafts transplanted in the recipient per cm2, etc.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

It's hard to get excited about this result as the hair from the photos still looks very sparse from the front. However, if that is the best that could be done with the patient's donor supply and he is happy with the result, that is all that matters.