This site's banner has at least one photoshopped photo

Ryan Daj

I came here to post something else, but I just realized the banner where the six photos are rotating at the top contains at least one photo that's photoshopped.

The photo where the woman's hair is magically restored where she is wearing the exact same hair tie and has the same shirt on is clearly photoshopped. It's not just the same, but the pixels of locations of her hair, face and hair are all the same.

I am sorry to bring up such a trifling issue, but it is really bringing down the reputable nature of the site in my opinion, i.e. if that is photoshopped, what else is?

I think it's more of a representation of "what is possible" with hair restoration than claiming to be an actual result

I've not seen any manipulation or odd pixels on the actual doctor results posted here

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I looked at it again, I think for whatever reason they were insistent of them wearing the same shirt... LOL

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to track down the originals of that particular case. I've searched our "female hair transplant" section here and at our Hair Loss Learning Center, but can't find the case. The banner was created before I worked for the site and I'm not sure exactly which doctor performed this specific procedure, but I'll forward this to Bill and ask him to share the original before and after shots.

We have a database of hundreds of successful "before and after" female hair transplant cases, and I have a very hard time believing we would bypass these results and choose to share a photoshopped image instead. To review these, please see the following: Female Hair Transplant Cases (Hair Transplant Network) and Female Hair Transplant Cases (Hair Loss Learning Center).

Thanks for your patience. We will clarify this issue as soon as possible!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• Administrators

Ryan, yes these images were "modified" in Photoshop so that the transitions would look about the same. What was done here, was to closely match before and after images and only use the "hair" section so that the morph would be a natural transition from one state to another.

There was certainly no "Photoshopping" of the hair sections, only the elements that are not effected by the procedure are constant (clothing etc) so that the fade from one to another is as close as possible to the previous state.

Hans

Webmaster

• Administrators

OK, here goes an example. I took 2 closely matched frontal views of an old patient and did a few quick steps in photoshop to get the before and after to look as close as possible. Note that the original images were from an actual patient and have not been retouched at all.

Example 1 shows the 2 original before and after images. Example 2 shows the hairline section - slightly rotated to match the 1st one. Example 3 shows the original image with the "after" hairline dropped over it.

This is a quick job, so I have not blended the colours exactly, but really, this is just to illustrate how the morphs were created to look visibly as close as possible. While the images have been "Photoshopped" the actual patient hairlines were used and not artificially created to create the "illusion" of an improvement.

Hope this clears thing up.

example-1.jpg

example-2.jpg

example-3.jpg

Hans

Webmaster

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Ryan, yes these images were "modified" in Photoshop so that the transitions would look about the same. What was done here, was to closely match before and after images and only use the "hair" section so that the morph would be a natural transition from one state to another.

There was certainly no "Photoshopping" of the hair sections, only the elements that are not effected by the procedure are constant (clothing etc) so that the fade from one to another is as close as possible to the previous state.

I understand what you're saying, and I appreciate the honesty. It's not me that you need to convince, in casual conversations with several of my real life friends, I've told them about this site, and they say it seems "scammy." I think it just looks dated, and millennials can see photoshops a mile away, even if they aren't meant to be deceiving.

i think the guys would love to update this site, but these things do take time and money, they'd proably all agree it looks dated but web design is a constant evolving thing

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/