hair loss actually hits 2 times

hi guys ,

i was just thinking ,

hair loss hits our confidence two times and makes us depressed .

first we regret that our hairs are falling and the second time we regret that why we got depressed when our hairs were falling ,

so actually it hits us twice .

i regret today , how much time i have wasted in depression of my hair loss , due to lack of knowledge and actually people do not know about our hair loss but it is always in our head .

That's a good point Akash...

how long were you depressed about it before you took action?

I'm assuming you've gotten your hair loss under control now.. is that right?

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Hair loss happens a lot during our lives, in a sense it has hit me a lot more than twice

Slowly losing some from MPB, also some from scalp eczema, then having a great HT and then temporarily losing the transplanted hairs (natural occurrence :) ) having it grow in then losing some from Nizoral overuse (no other shampoos worked for me and could not go to work with white sh#t in my hair) and or Fin sheds, having another HT losing those initial hairs, then having it grow back it, seasonal sheds, sheds from restarting Fin blah blah .

The important thing is that you either take a proactive approach with HT's, SMP or meds or just shave it off and forget about it.

Not being in control is the worse part for sure, so take control :cool:

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hair loss happens a lot during our lives, in a sense it has hit me a lot more than twice

Slowly losing some from MPB, also some from scalp eczema, then having a great HT and then temporarily losing the transplanted hairs (natural occurrence :) ) having it grow in then losing some from Nizoral overuse (no other shampoos worked for me and could not go to work with white sh#t in my hair) and or Fin sheds, having another HT losing those initial hairs, then having it grow back it, seasonal sheds, sheds from restarting Fin blah blah .

The important thing is that you either take a proactive approach with HT's, SMP or meds or just shave it off and forget about it.

Not being in control is the worse part for sure, so take control :cool:

well said.. looks like I'm still in for a ride of ups and downs after my 1st HT, but at least I know to expect more downs along the way..

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

That's a good point Akash...

how long were you depressed about it before you took action?

I'm assuming you've gotten your hair loss under control now.. is that right?

i have been in depression almost 4 years till now , but not much as initial years , actually the depression is mainly like " WHY IT IS HAPPENING TO ME " , at that time i thought i was the only person and always we try avoid this hair loss question and not discuss with people .

this the main problem of hair loss sufferer .

actually the main depression is of :

1 .not getting the answers about hair loss

2 . the market is full of bogus treatments and products

3 . there is no one to understand the emotions of a hair loss sufferer

4. i think lack of objective information

i was active when i first saw my hair loss , but got depressed becoz everything i tried just dint work and these doctors or physicians make fool of hair loss sufferers i think , becoz they know that there treatment is not going to work and they know the actual cause of hair loss but they do not tell there patients and the patient feel depressed all the time .

and internet also is full of shit information on hair loss .

in my views the lack of objective information for a hair loss sufferer make him more curious and more depressed .

and internet also is full of shit information on hair loss .

in my views the lack of objective information for a hair loss sufferer make him more curious and more depressed .

There is a lot of false and misleading information out there, but without the internet it would be much harder to sort it all out. I'm very thankful to have the internet as a resource. Sites like this allow people to post their experiences (good or bad) and learn from the wisdom of others. Not everything you read is accurate, but the aggregate of the information is truly invaluable.

but without the internet it would be much harder to sort it all out.

Yep without the internet we'd all be getting sucked in by those Bosley or other hack shop infomercials and not have a resource to openly ask and discuss about the amazing hair restoration surgeons and options that do exist in this world.

This site saved me without a doubt.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I think hairloss got me stitched up for 32 years. I regret not only the life I have wasted of my own, but of all the people I have dragged along with me. Loved ones, women I could have settled with and raised a family with, only for them to hang on to me in vain hope that my own personal vanity would subside. Only for them to reach the age they cannot conceive. Can anything be worse, other than unforeseen accidents or disease? As for being proactive, well I decided to be, and the internet gave me hope I could. Looking back, if only I had not clutched at straws because that is what I did, and I had varying success along the way.

I agree hairloss keeps coming. Surgeons can't be controlled. Once you 'go in' so to speak, you throw away the keys and hope. I hope that as many people as possible don't let it take over their lives, by making good decisions, and having the poise and sense to prioritize so that they don't waste their own and other peoples's lives.

There is a lot of false and misleading information out there, but without the internet it would be much harder to sort it all out. I'm very thankful to have the internet as a resource. Sites like this allow people to post their experiences (good or bad) and learn from the wisdom of others. Not everything you read is accurate, but the aggregate of the information is truly invaluable.

yes i agree with you , actually this is only internet through which we hair loss sufferer have so much knowledge about our hairs and hair loss , and actually atleast we get to know what is the main reason behind our hair loss and we do not get bald overnight and hundereds of other things and through this we our saved by bogus clinics and treatments ,

but

at the first sign of our hair loss if we search the internet we do not what to trust , who to trust , which information is right and which is wrong and we make wrong decisions and till we get to know the main reason behind and try to cope up with our hair loss things actually get worse or we have lost so much of hairs .

I can relate to a lot of what is posted here: dragging other people down, throwing in the keys and hoping, eating at you for years, depression. Hair loss is devastating for many, even tormenting. It is a life long battle, getting up and feeling good about yourself, only to get up the next day having a "bad" hair day and hating life.

I honestly think that until I shave my head and say screw it, which I can't because of my scalp condition, hair loss will always be a crutch of mine. I have often wished I had a job where I could wear a hat and never worry about it again, but I would take such a massive pay cut, it is not an option.

Luckily, I am stable and have pretty good hair for my age, but pain is relative and being a NW3 to one person may be more devastating than being a NW7 to another.. I look at some of the posters who have been through so much and my heart really goes out to them.

The emotional suffering from hair loss is why I personally suggest every man trying the shaved look for 30 days and seeing if he can embrace it, because then, the fight is over. It's kind of like getting a divorce. At first it sucks, but you get used to it, and eventually embrace the change. Many guys look the shaved look, and on some people, it looks good (but rarely better than a full head of hair IMO). Going bald slowly is like staying in a bad marriage for the rest of your life.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.