decided on Dr. Rahal for FUE

So after about 3 years of research and consults I am getting a ht with dr. rahal in sept.

I consulted with Feller (twice) and was going to go with him but I really wanted FUE and he's against it.

I consulted with the great Dr's in turkey and I liked what I saw but my gf didn't really want to go to turkey.

I consulted with a dr in georgia and almost pulled the trigger but decided against it at the last minute.

I consulted with dr. konior who said I wasn't a good candidate for a ht

I consulted with dr. rahal who said I could use 1500 grafts in my hairline, pretty much consistent with the amount of grafts everyone else said. I went with rahal cause I really liked his hairline work.

if there is any advice or insight anyone can offer I would appreciate it. I'd like to post some pics of my head now but don't know how to blot out my face

open it in MS paint and blot it out or use any photo app on your phone.

Did anyone say you have DUPA? Your profile says that you are a NW1 but that you have thinning all over.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

If you are in NY you could go and see Bernstein or Wesley and ask them to check the donor using a Microscope.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172099-you-surgical-candidate-why-why-not.html

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I'd take Konior's opinion seriously. He's about as careful as any other doctor out there. Did all of these guys examine you in person? I would imagine Konior did given that he detected miniaturization in your donor. If Konior did see you in person, and Rahal did not, I would be extremely careful about proceeding. The surgeon who's seen you in person is always going to have the best read on the situation.

I'd take Konior's opinion seriously. He's about as careful as any other doctor out there. Did all of these guys examine you in person? I would imagine Konior did given that he detected miniaturization in your donor. If Konior did see you in person, and Rahal did not, I would be extremely careful about proceeding. The surgeon who's seen you in person is always going to have the best read on the situation.

Neither rahal nor konior saw me in person. Feller saw me in person twice in the three years and both times said I needed 1200-1500 grafts in the hairline.

Did Rahal indicate if 1500 FUE in one sitting is considered on the large size at his clinic?

He didn't indicate if it was or not. Every dr I consulted said it was a one day procedure except for dr Koran. He said 2 days and 3500 grafts.

I'd take Konior's opinion seriously. He's about as careful as any other doctor out there

Gotta listen to the above, Dr. Konior is 100% top of his industry and knows his stuff at extreme expert level, he is also amazingly dedicated to helping hair loss sufferers.

Proceed with caution

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

He said my donor area had miniaturized and I should use propecia and rogaine.

If your donor has signs of miniaturization this could spell BIG problems for you later down the line in terms of a patchy donor area and the transplanted hair also miniaturizing... I would look into this further...