Difficult case, very nice FUE result

Here is a very interesting patient.

He is 34 years old, he began to lose his hair at 18. In spite of the use of Finasteride, the evolution was fast but it has led to a quite disadvantageous situation with a superior area completely bald and a donor area quite poor : less than 80 follicles per cm2.

The skin is visible throughout his hair. He wants to continue to keep his hair short, between 3 and 5 mm.

So, the situation was quite bad : poor donor area, large recipient area.

Anyway we decided together the try a FUE hair transplant and the result was extremely positive.

The FUE hair transplant was realized in two days. And we obtained 3063 grafts for 6780 hair. So more or less 2.2 hair per graft. All the anterior area was covered by a density of more or less 40 grafts per cm2.

We have planned to complete the surgery during the workshop I organize in Brussels on the 15th of June 2014. (HTS Workshop)

And we will use the hair of the neck and also take some beard's hairs which will be disperse in the middle of the current grafts.

A.jpg.243bb76cfd37aa30b72c235cae46d87e.jpg

B.jpg.a9d359200e5d9cb8b1853a50d16185bf.jpg

C.jpg.e2fdee9504d4569cdc82a2e1afaf75d5.jpg

D.jpg.d80e2acea7f831f887ec566d8232e702.jpg

E.jpg.74f284802c639e0c83e44f072c05791c.jpg

F.jpg.d4111c60944aad3f1fe88a3098fc4f16.jpg

G.jpg.cdff4822c127d7e0ccbd629feb255246.jpg

Dr. Jean Devroye

HTS Clinic - Bruxelles

Email: info@hts-clinic.com 

Telephone: +32 2 880 70 60

Online consultation: https://www.hair-transplant-surgery.com/en/Online-diagnostic

Devroye Instruments: https://www.devroyeinstruments.com/

Dr. Devroye is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

donor area quite poor : less than 80 follicles per cm2.

I thought 80 follicles is quite average.

This is a nice change for this fellow and I look forward to seeing the completed result.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Kind of confused. The title describes this as a "Very nice FUE result"

But we're supposed to presume he has a lot more growing to do? If this is the final result, I don't think I'd call this very nice. Doesn't look like 40+cm^2 at the hairline to me.

Also, why is there already a plan to do another procedure using beard hair and whatnot? Was this really as much a success as claimed? Did the patient plan on doing this additional surgery at the time of planning the one shown here?

Rootz, it's important to recognize success for that particular case with that particular hair characteristics and donor limitations. I don't think that he is saying that this is a wow result, but a good result for this patient.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Rootz, it's important to recognize success for that particular case with that particular hair characteristics and donor limitations. I don't think that he is saying that this is a wow result, but a good result for this patient.

So if he experienced no more growth at this point, this is a "very nice" result? I don't see 40cm^2 at the hairline.

I wonder if the patient is happy with the result?

He very well could be ecstatic with the result, I'm not taking that away from him at all. I can only speak of my perception on the aesthetic result.

I thought 80 follicles is quite average.

This is a nice change for this fellow and I look forward to seeing the completed result.

I am thinking he means 80 hairs per sq cm because your right, 80 FU/sq cm is definitely average.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452