Preventing future hair loss!!!

I got my HT done last July and I'm mostly happy with the results. I've been using the hairmax lasercomb since the HT and about 3 months ago started using monodixil 5%.

I feel like my hair may still be receding because of the noticeable space between my old hairline and the new one(in the picture I've attached), but I was told that the lasercomb would prevent any future hair loss. Is that no true?

Is there anything I can take that will ensure no future hair loss?

20140601_105210.jpg.7df8caa039926b2fa0a7748fff959bda.jpg

if you not on fin i doubt you will halt ur hair loss at all, it is progressive and the lasers and minox work by helping hair grow not stopping male pattern baldness. Dont think i would ever get a hair transplant if i didnt intend on using fin long term.

if you not on fin i doubt you will halt ur hair loss at all, it is progressive and the lasers and minox work by helping hair grow not stopping male pattern baldness. Dont think i would ever get a hair transplant if i didnt intend on using fin long term.

what is fin??

finasteride also brand named by merck as "propecia" :)

How do I get some of that? I never looked into it before and a google search didn't give much help. Is it entirely prescription? Or is there a generic that also works that is OTC?

To be honest, you had a better result than I thought you would. I'm not a big neograft fan usually. You should really consider spring that result with finasteride. You can get a 4 month supply for nine dollars by quartering 5mg pills.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Definitely get it prescribed by a doctor, due to possible side effects.

Also after taking it may make prostate cancer more undetectable, so best to screen for that before taking - something you might not be worried about now but the best way to do it.

You've had a HT already so ask your surgeon about it.

Surprised he never mentioned it to you...

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

The closest cure for hairloss is basically Fin/Dut. Consider getting on Fin sooner rather than later.. DUT is a more aggressive form of Fin, greater chance of side effects, so probably best to avoid that one.

Sell the laser comb on ebay and buy some Nizoral shampoo IMO.

The closest cure for hairloss is basically Fin/Dut. Consider getting on Fin sooner rather than later.. DUT is a more aggressive form of Fin, greater chance of side effects, so probably best to avoid that one.

Sell the laser comb on ebay and buy some Nizoral shampoo IMO.

I WAS JUST THINKING , IS FINASTERIDE REALLY A CURE TO BALDNESS ?

AND ALSO IS THERE ANY LINK BETWEEN daily MASTURBATION OR SEX and hair loss .

it sounds like an awkward question but i just want to clear my doubt .

I don't think a lasercomb alone will stop future hair loss. I think your best bet to help stop or slow down the hair loss is Propecia. You may well need a future HT to fill in the area behind the transplant.

I WAS JUST THINKING , IS FINASTERIDE REALLY A CURE TO BALDNESS ?

AND ALSO IS THERE ANY LINK BETWEEN daily MASTURBATION OR SEX and hair loss .

it sounds like an awkward question but i just want to clear my doubt .

Fin is not a cure, but usually a very good and legit treatment.

There is no line between that and hair loss.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It is not a 'cure' for hairloss but it will certainly help slow down hair loss a lot and maybe even stop and slightly reverse it in some people. There is no link between hair loss and sex or masturbation! Baldness is genetic, it's decided before we are born! (Male pattern anyway)

• 2 weeks later...