Am I A Candidate for Hairline/Temple FUE?

Here's my story. I have minimal hair loss, all along the hairline and hairline corners. When I first noticed my hair loss 10 years ago, I immediately got on Propecia and Rogaine 5% liquid, and have been faithfully taking/using both for these past 10 years. I consulted with Dr. Feller back in June 2005 and he said at the time that I wasn't a candidate for hair replacement surgery. He said come see me in ten years.

Well, it's been 10 years (just about). And while I think I've done well holding on with Propecia and Rogaine, I would like a small FUE to strengthen, not lower, my hairline, especially at the corners. I'm guessing 800-1000 grafts, in that range. I'm thinking that since I'm now in my early-mid 40s (I'll be 44 in December), I can get a hairline FUE with a little more confidence of it holding up than if I were 33. Plus now that I'm an old man, I'm not looking to restore a youthful hairline. I was 10 years ago when I went to Dr. Feller. All I want now is a strong Norwood 2 hairline with slightly more filled in temple points.

My pictures are attached. Do I look like a FUE candidate? Am I a Norwood 2 or am I now beyond Norwood 2? Would I risk permanent shock loss (one of my biggest fears) of native hair if I had hairs implanted into my hairline corners?

5b32df50a5679_LeftSideForum.jpg.ba56afcdd5fa4eaad28204715020dd4f.jpg

5b32df50b40f5_RightSideForum.jpg.39ff34b6fd70f39eddca12de36f5da1e.jpg

5b32df50c793d_LeftsideFUE.jpg.ffa913ebf0cd73575cacfe73ebad3ef1.jpg

5b32df50dd0ed_FrontDownForum.jpg.11d4dbd3f7d1d5b9484319054cdd1470.jpg

I know pics can be deceiving and that also this may be bothering you, but I think you should not proceed.

Yes shockloss is a very real possibility and your hair including temple corners is what most people on this forum would kill for.

Why try to ruin a good thing?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I think that are a candidate, however, I agree that you don't need it, and especially at your age, 99 percent of people you meet are already envious of your hairline (they just might not tell you). But, at 44, and with that much hair, you should do what makes you happy. Life is short and is shorter everyday for all of us.At 33 I agree with Feller turning you away. So, if it were me, I would skip the surgery, but its you, and I think that you have to make that choice.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I am going for an in-person consultation with Dr. James Vogel tomorrow. I'm anxious to see what he thinks when he sees me in person. I have done some online consults where I show doctors pictures, but I'm sure nothing beats a face to face appointment with a well-respected ht doc.

You don't need anything. That is an unreal head of hair for 44.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Is this a joke? WTF is wrong with some people.

WTF was my reaction too.

Save your money and buy a Rolex watch or something.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Oh, man. I mean, you're probably in the top 5% in terms of heads of hair for your age. That is a killer, low, dense hairline. I totally get wanting to tweak the corners, but considering that you're starting off in such a great position, and that things can and do go wrong in transplants, I think it's crazy to play with fire. Even if nothing "goes wrong," the results may not totally match your native hair, the density drop may be detectable, etc. Shock loss could kick in. I normally say people should just go for it, but you're so golden right now that I would just walk away and buy an expensive toy instead.

IMO I do not think you should even considering having a procedure, some temple recession is totally normal, especially for your age. I would be surprised if any would even think that you had any hair loss if you did not mention anything to them.

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

IMO I do not think you should even considering having a procedure, some temple recession is totally normal, especially for your age. I would be surprised if any would even think that you had any hair loss if you did not mention anything to them.

And I'm not even sure if this counts as temple recession. There's no rounding there.

44 with that current head of hair... Man you don't know how lucky you are. Many many people have much more aggressive hairloss that are 20 years younger than you. I personally would not bother undergoing a procedure, sure if would most likely be a great result(depending on which surgeon you go to) but the difference would be slight and the downtime is dreadful. I would focus on other things, you have a killer head of hair.