Any idea which surgeon and rough costs

Hi guys, I've been browsing this forum for months and finally plucked up the courage to join and post. I had a consultation the other day with ukhair transplant clinic (ukhtc.co.uk) as I am getting very close to having a ht on larger than average forehead, I've always had a large forehead but now at the age of 36 I have also receded about an inch so it looks a lot worse,I can hide it quite well as the rest of my hais is thick and my fringe covers it quite well but i would like a lower hairline ASAP as I'm very conscious of my huge forehead. So at my consultation the guy suggested I have 2000 grafts and he drew a line on my head where that would bring my hair down too and I would be very happy with that but my questions is this, A: are ukhtc a good recommended clinic??

B:is ?5500 a typical price for 2000 fue grafts??.

Thanks for your input guys I just thought ?5500 was a bit steep for 2000 grafts.

Slap,

I'm not familiar with this clinic's work, so I really couldn't comment either way. If you are interesting in a second (or third) opinion, you may want to consider consulting with some of our recommended physicians in the UK.

There really isn't a standard "pricing scale" for hair transplant surgery. Surgeons determine their own pricing scales based upon a variety of factors and it really comes down to whether or not you think the potential results justify the price. If you do chose to consult with some of the above doctors, you could compare prices and determine whether or not you think the $5,500 figure is fair.

Good luck! Feel free to ask any additional questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi guys, I've been browsing this forum for months and finally plucked up the courage to join and post. I had a consultation the other day with ukhair transplant clinic (ukhtc.co.uk) as I am getting very close to having a ht on larger than average forehead, I've always had a large forehead but now at the age of 36 I have also receded about an inch so it looks a lot worse,I can hide it quite well as the rest of my hais is thick and my fringe covers it quite well but i would like a lower hairline ASAP as I'm very conscious of my huge forehead. So at my consultation the guy suggested I have 2000 grafts and he drew a line on my head where that would bring my hair down too and I would be very happy with that but my questions is this, A: are ukhtc a good recommended clinic??

B:is ?5500 a typical price for 2000 fue grafts??.

Thanks for your input guys I just thought ?5500 was a bit steep for 2000 grafts.

I won't be as diplomatic as future! One word... Don't!!! I wouldn't go 2 a clinic like that in a Million years! If you do chances are you'll end up a repair patient! I'm from the uk and there is literally 1 doc I'd see in the uk... Dr Lorenzo currently with farjo. Other than that u need to travel... Top 3 for me in no order

Dr Hasson - Vancouver (strip- doesn't do FUE)

Dr Rahal - Ottowa (strip- does FUE but better at strip IMO)

Dr Konior - Chicago (again better at strip IMO)

As for FUE, maybe 3 I'd trust

Dr Lorenzo - Manchester/Madrid (best FUE IMO)

Dr bisanga - Brussels

Dr Koray Erdogan - Turkey

Hope this helps

I won't be as diplomatic as future! One word... Don't!!! I wouldn't go 2 a clinic like that in a Million years! If you do chances are you'll end up a repair patient! I'm from the uk and there is literally 1 doc I'd see in the uk... Dr Lorenzo currently with farjo. Other than that u need to travel... Top 3 for me in no order

Dr Hasson - Vancouver (strip- doesn't do FUE)

Dr Rahal - Ottowa (strip- does FUE but better at strip IMO)

Dr Konior - Chicago (again better at strip IMO)

As for FUE, maybe 3 I'd trust

Dr Lorenzo - Manchester/Madrid (best FUE IMO)

Dr bisanga - Brussels

Dr Koray Erdogan - Turkey

Hope this helps

As someone from the UK I agree with the above.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

That's one excellent list of surgeons you've been given above. I agree with that too. For Dr Lorenzo it's 6 GBP a graft for FUE having looked last night- that's not cheap but he gets a lot of positive comments plus minimal travel costs involved so I'll be tempted in the future. I don't think I can get myself over to Turkey for surgery.

Like Dr Feriduni's work too- also in Belgium like Dr Bisanga.

Avoid that other clinic in the UK! You could regret it for years to come!

Edited by Dutch

That's one excellent list of surgeons you've been given above. I agree with that too. For Dr Lorenzo it's 6 GBP a graft for FUE having looked last night- that's not cheap but he gets a lot of positive comments plus minimal travel costs involved so I'll be tempted in the future. I don't think I can myself over to Turkey for surgery.

Like Dr Feriduni's work too- also in Belgium like Dr Bisanga.

Avoid that other clinic in the UK! You could regret it for years to come!

Forgot about feriduni! Add him to my list!

Dr Raghu Reddy is the most impressive in the UK in my opinion

Forgot about Reddy. I think he is in the ?6-7 a graft range, but yes, impressive.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hi guys

Thanks for the info, I will take it on board especially dr Lorenzo as you state he is in Manchester which for me would be a lot easier with less travel as I'm up north.Although if it's ?6 GDP a graft I may have to live a bit longer with my slap head as that would come to ?12000 for 2000 grafts yikes

Hi guys

Thanks for the info, I will take it on board especially dr Lorenzo as you state he is in Manchester which for me would be a lot easier with less travel as I'm up north.Although if it's ?6 GDP a graft I may have to live a bit longer with my slap head as that would come to ?12000 for 2000 grafts yikes

Won't go wrong with Lorenzo! If you want FUE he'd be my first choice tbh

Dr Ball from Ziering London has posted some good results but on another hair transplant website with the word experiences in it....I wouldn't rule him out. I am not a fan of Farjo's work at all.

Dr Ball from Ziering London has posted some good results but on another hair transplant website with the word experiences in it....I wouldn't rule him out. I am not a fan of Farjo's work at all.

I'm not a fan of farjo either, far too conservative and can't/won't dense pack, but Lorenzo isn't farjo! Lorenzo is world class... Probably the best FUE surgeon in the world at the moment and also does all aspects of the op personally! Never heard of dr ball, and zeroing clinic is a chain so personally I wouldn't go there