smp for longer hair brown color

Hi Forum,

Did anyone have SMP with long hair.. My hair is brown... I have hair in the front region.. However, thinning in the crown..

I also have a FUT scar "U" shape. Need to work on my FUT scar before I can do SMP work.. However, not crazy about the bald

look.. I think you need to have perfect face for that.. Well that is my opinion..

I didn't want to use the remainder of my donor FUE hair for the FUT scar.. But I might have to..

Any thoughts from fellow troopers?

Hope you are having a great day!!!

• 1 month later...

I have longer brown hair and had my second SMP session a few days ago to make my transplant look fuller especially in my crown which received a minimal number of grafts. I've been using concealers which worked great but wanted to get away from them. The cost to fill in my crown with a transplant was way too much money so I opted for SMP. It worked really well by darkening my scalp the same way the concealers do. Although it doesn't have quite the same effect as Toppik because that actually clings to the hair giving a thickening effect, it does have the same effect as Dermatch or Couvre. If you get rid of the white scalp it will give the appearance of more hair. The key is you have to have some hair. It's not going to look good on a shiny bald crown. My entire scalp was done so it made my entire hair transplant look significantly thicker. I'm happy with it.

brianw,

sounds like it was a good experience, where did you have it done btw?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I've just been enquiring about SMP for my crown. My hair is mid length and although it was developed to be used for the shaved head look it can still add the illusion of density and help conceal the scalp in thinning area's. I have been told it should last around 3 years before it needs touching up. I have consulted with Vinci Clinic in London and Prohair clnic in Belguim who I feel seem to understand SMP for longer hair and offer good pricing for small areas too.

• 2 months later...
Hi Forum,

Did anyone have SMP with long hair.. My hair is brown... I have hair in the front region.. However, thinning in the crown..

I also have a FUT scar "U" shape. Need to work on my FUT scar before I can do SMP work.. However, not crazy about the bald

look.. I think you need to have perfect face for that.. Well that is my opinion..

I didn't want to use the remainder of my donor FUE hair for the FUT scar.. But I might have to..

Any thoughts from fellow troopers?

Hope you are having a great day!!!

No, you cannot achieve what you are hoping for with SMP. You have too much hair loss, it is impossible. The longest hair length I have ever seen a man get away with was a '1 guard' clipper buzz, and that man had fairly good coverage but just minor thinning, not sure what norwood he was tbh. If you do not like the 'bald look' or 'shaved head' look then unfortunately smp is not for you. to get away with it hair must be shaved with 0 clipper or less. I have met with the owner of one of the main US smp business who had HT's and a good amount of hair loss. That owner had SMP and had his hair length was somewhere between 1/8" and 1/16" and it looked HORRIBLE! And he was the owner lol! The difference btwn hairs and smp dots was very noticeable and it was just bad. But if you have a consultation with one of these smp places I am sure they will tell you that it will work ;)

I've seen Tsemusko's pics and I advised him against SMP, at least for everything but his scar and that still needs time to heal. I agree with bald ken, that in order to effectively gain the appearance of density into thinning hair you need enough coverage from existing hair. Otherwise it looks like you'd imagine: a bunch of dots with some hair over it. That being said, I have performed SMP on guys with enough hair that it looks quite good.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

please dont go for smp it is just black dots and fade with time. It looks dull and give very artifiacial look. Go and look at person who has done. They are black dots not hair. They are dots not hair . Go for hair their are doctor doing in 1$ per graft. SMP is waste of time and decoloration of scalp dont dont dont do it. whether evolve or his hair or any smp clinic they are all putting black dots that is not hair period.

please dont go for smp it is just black dots and fade with time. It looks dull and give very artifiacial look. Go and look at person who has done. They are black dots not hair. They are dots not hair . Go for hair their are doctor doing in 1$ per graft. SMP is waste of time and decoloration of scalp dont dont dont do it. whether evolve or his hair or any smp clinic they are all putting black dots that is not hair period.

This is not true at all. Fiction sir. SMP can look very real. I had smp years ago and everyone i meet thinks I just have a shaved head with thick hair. The people Ive told about my smp did not believe me at first and thought I was pulling there leg. No enhancements yet, No color change, minimal fading very very slight. The key is to have good to decent coverage on the top part of the scalp for 3d effect, but even without this it can look amazing and real. The consultant at place I went is a Norwood 4 and he has remaining hair shaved all the way down- was best smp job I have ever seen in person, no possible way to tell that it wasn't real hair stubble, So hair isn't an absolute must in all cases for smp.

You just have to find an experienced smp place or private micropigmentation practitioner who has experience with hair replication tattooing.

Concerning HT's, I have very little experience in that area so cannot comment or contribute anything valuable there. Im sure there are some good results out there somewhere, I just have not seen any good ones yet, just ugly scars and not much hair coverage to make scars worth it.

Shave head with thick hair good joke

Smp is ink just a dot like take ink pen and put dot on your scalp same phenomena just smp is by needle

Message is loud N clear their is no substitute to hair

Substitute to hair is only hair by HT and that too by surgeon who have good artistic skill with placing graft artistically and making good hairline

Smp is ink just black dot not hair

Smp clinic charging 3 grand to 4 grand and then enhancement for black ink

It's like a trap

I will go for real hair anytime rath err then smp

Shave head with thick hair good joke

Smp is ink just a dot like take ink pen and put dot on your scalp same phenomena just smp is by needle

Message is loud N clear their is no substitute to hair

Substitute to hair is only hair by HT and that too by surgeon who have good artistic skill with placing graft artistically and making good hairline

Smp is ink just black dot not hair

Smp clinic charging 3 grand to 4 grand and then enhancement for black ink

It's like a trap

I will go for real hair anytime rath err then smp

WAIT..Hold on just a Minute Sir! You are telling me that SMP is just black dot, not hair??? Wow, thank you so much for clearing that up for me, I thought Scalp Micropigmentation was actually hair but now I know SMP is only black dot! :) You are very articulate... wait.... is articulate the right word?

I never said SMP was perfect for everyone, it is not. The marketing and advertising for SMP businesses aim to convince that it is a great solution for all, and again it is not. If you look bad with a shaved head smp wont be for you. If you do not have good facial features or you look old and are fat and out of shape then SMP will not do much for you, but if that is the case you have bigger problems than hair loss so why worry about being or going bald. Just save your money that you would give to the HT doc and spend it on a Gym membership and personal trainer and dietician.

SMP works better if you look young and have an athletic or muscular build. Society tends to group buzzed heads with athletes, military officers, and weight lifters so it makes more sense if you are or look athletic. Not every smp place is good. The place I went I was able to view the owner and a consultant's smp work and they were both really really amazing results and I viewed them up close, so I knew that they did good work there. I know I have said in previous posts that SMP is overpriced, but honestly if you go to any micropigmentation or cosmetic tattooing business they charge between $400 and $600 an hour, so it does make more sense to go with a place that only does hair replication tattooing on the scalp for obvious reasons. I do not feel that you are very educated on cosmetic tattooing or its benefits, or you are just saying SMP is bad for everyone b/c it is bad for you. Kind of lame.

Again, do not know much about Hair Transplant other than my brief experience, but I have never seen a good result in person. HT results to me just look like the guy who has them is balding or has very very thin hairs and it looks unhealthy. But to be fair, i suppose it is possible that their are some good results out there. Just havent seen any myself, just guys who look like chemo patients who no longer have the option to shave their head b/c big ugly scars.

smp is black dot not hair yes yes yes i am saying this loud and clear. Only for strip scar coverage its been justified to a limit . I will always say its a black dot and his hair or any clinic whether they charge 3000$ or 2000$ or any clinic i dont know if they charge 1000$ also don't don't don't go for this black ink. IT just fades with time and first ofall its adot take a ink pen and just start putting dot dot dot with black ink on your scalp its a same thing. I would always go for hair rather then artificial dot. Any smp clinic they are just misguiding people saying shave head with thick HAIR look. HAIR are hair not ink dot even with slight stubble you can feel the hair. Their is no no no no substitute to hair period. I would say i have seen people who are fat and out of shape but they have hair and they look absolotely fine. I have seen gym going people with good shape and class 7 they look horrible. According to me hair is your 100% personality.Its my opinion one of my friend told another friend in marriage party my friend was wearing versace 3000$ coat. My other friend told this friend wearing versace coat that dude you wear versace or armani or hugo boss if you are bald nothing will look good on you. I agree bcz the guy who said to guy wearing versace was wearing 20$ coat from some thrift clearence store. I went to him and ask where he got his coat from. I would say hair just not only changes one himself but also the way people perceive you and especially women. This is matter of fact and I would clearly say baldness is a like worst curse on this planet to man. I know my tons tons of friend got divorce bcz they were bald and lot of friends relationship did not work out bcz they were dating wehen guys had hair and later on they were balding and girls/women were finding them no way attractive at all. This is true and no matter what anyone says I will always beleive in this theory man with no hair has no world I think bald person can just not look into eye of any men or women most of the time. I have seen majority of doctors, executives in companies are bald and how they just lack confidence . I was in london, belgium, italy, south africa, austria, prague, and i have ven been to middle east . Yes I can definately say majority of bald people I have seen was frst in middle east and then in europe. Middle east is my gosh hub of baldness and with that tropical weather how bald shiny pat shine and with sweat on their head. Most middle eastern in their 30's and their 30,s plus are really terribly bald and they have shiny really shiny pat.

smp is black dot not hair yes yes yes i am saying this loud and clear. Only for strip scar coverage its been justified to a limit . I will always say its a black dot and his hair or any clinic whether they charge 3000$ or 2000$ or any clinic i dont know if they charge 1000$ also don't don't don't go for this black ink. IT just fades with time and first ofall its adot take a ink pen and just start putting dot dot dot with black ink on your scalp its a same thing. I would always go for hair rather then artificial dot. Any smp clinic they are just misguiding people saying shave head with thick HAIR look. HAIR are hair not ink dot even with slight stubble you can feel the hair. Their is no no no no substitute to hair period. I would say i have seen people who are fat and out of shape but they have hair and they look absolotely fine. I have seen gym going people with good shape and class 7 they look horrible. According to me hair is your 100% personality.Its my opinion one of my friend told another friend in marriage party my friend was wearing versace 3000$ coat. My other friend told this friend wearing versace coat that dude you wear versace or armani or hugo boss if you are bald nothing will look good on you. I agree bcz the guy who said to guy wearing versace was wearing 20$ coat from some thrift clearence store. I went to him and ask where he got his coat from. I would say hair just not only changes one himself but also the way people perceive you and especially women. This is matter of fact and I would clearly say baldness is a like worst curse on this planet to man. I know my tons tons of friend got divorce bcz they were bald and lot of friends relationship did not work out bcz they were dating wehen guys had hair and later on they were balding and girls/women were finding them no way attractive at all. This is true and no matter what anyone says I will always beleive in this theory man with no hair has no world I think bald person can just not look into eye of any men or women most of the time. I have seen majority of doctors, executives in companies are bald and how they just lack confidence . I was in london, belgium, italy, south africa, austria, prague, and i have ven been to middle east . Yes I can definately say majority of bald people I have seen was frst in middle east and then in europe. Middle east is my gosh hub of baldness and with that tropical weather how bald shiny pat shine and with sweat on their head. Most middle eastern in their 30's and their 30,s plus are really terribly bald and they have shiny really shiny pat.

Is English your second or third language? I am not trying to be unkind but reading your posts is like reading the writing of someone who is not fluent in the English language so it can be tough to follow but I think I catch what you are trying to say.

To be honest, you have got your priorities all mixed up. And honestly, you seem to have some serious social and psychological problems. You have put hair on a pedestal b/c you are bald or have plugs. Somehow you have deluded yourself into believing that "if you just had hair"

1) You'd be more confident

2)Women would find you attractive

3) You would be more successful and popular

4) You would look more healthy

FALSE, FALSE, FALSE AND FALSE!!

I dare say, I believe you had problems in all of these areas before you ever lost any hair. It's okay, many people with hair loss believe the same crazy things like you, so don't beat yourself up about it.

But for you to say that Fat and out of shape people look good as long as they have hair, and that a guy who is fit but bald looks worse than a Fat Man with hair just shows how flawed your perception of REALITY really is. But on the other hand, people just like you who believe hair will solve all of life's problems, are a Hair Transplant Doctor's Wet Dream! I'm sorry to tell you, but even after hair transplants women and everyone else will only be staring at the THIN BALD Areas of your head, and will take little notice of your new "hairs" which will be puny and sickly looking. They will always focus on the hair that isnt on your scalp rather than the hair that is. Of course after HTs you will have the scarring to feel self-conscious about also.

I definitely agree with you on some points about SMP. The advertising and marketing techniques they use are pretty stupid. Some do claim that they give you hair which is just Ridiculous. The prices are also very high at most places, and I believe they should be significantly lower, but if you research general micropigmentation and permanent makeup, practitioners charge hundreds of dollars per hour and Smp is an entire head of work.

My advice to you would be start working on your personality, your diet and exercise routines, and other things in life THAT YOU CAN CONTROL. You can't control hair loss buddy, no matter what the industry promises you. Find your confidence in other areas.