VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH MY RESULTS

Trainer444n4

guys he wrote that this was 8 months after his second procedure which tells me his first procedure was at least 1 1/2 yrs ago. trainer your results are not good at all . it looks like the doc went to low on the hairline and didnt give you good density at all. i would demand the doc fix it , give your money back or take a severe ass whipping

Originally posted by Abby:

Trainer444n4 ,, I suggest you immediately contact the surgeon involved and ask for corrective surgery or another free H/T .

Finally out of curiosity who was the DR ????

Have you ever heard of anyone doing this? Asking for a free H/T due to poor results and getting the doc to do it?

It happens, Trainer, but generally speaking, it isn't in the patients' best interest to go back to the doc for another HT -- even if it is going to be free!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

trainer, i'm a little surprised at some of the advice you've received here. firstly, you cannot judge an ht as a failure or succes at 8 months time. you need to wait at least 1 year. i saw a good deal of change from 8-9 months, even in my first ht which was not a very good one.

that being said, i have to agree with vince hair that it's not good that you can't even remember the first doc's name. the second doc i have never heard of. with ht surgery there are many docs who perform it, many docs who perform it very poorly, a number who do an adequate job, and then those who consistently provide "homerun" results. the latter are a handful compared with the former. using docs who are in the coalition on this forum is a good place to start. these are doctors who have to meet a criteria of excellence in results and use the most modern technology.

the only thing you can do now is wait out a year. if the results are underwhelming move on. DO NOT go back to the same guy who did a poor job for free surgery. go to a highly qualified doc who can do it right. if you're lucky, and judging from your pics you are, you did not get butchered and it will simply take some grafts to fill-in the gaps.

best of luck to you.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Originally posted by hairthere:

trainer, i'm a little surprised at some of the advice you've received here. firstly, you cannot judge an ht as a failure or succes at 8 months time. you need to wait at least 1 year. i saw a good deal of change from 8-9 months, even in my first ht which was not a very good one.

that being said, i have to agree with vince hair that it's not good that you can't even remember the first doc's name. the second doc i have never heard of. with ht surgery there are many docs who perform it, many docs who perform it very poorly, a number who do an adequate job, and then those who consistently provide "homerun" results. the latter are a handful compared with the former. using docs who are in the coalition on this forum is a good place to start. these are doctors who have to meet a criteria of excellence in results and use the most modern technology.

the only thing you can do now is wait out a year. if the results are underwhelming move on. DO NOT go back to the same guy who did a poor job for free surgery. go to a highly qualified doc who can do it right. if you're lucky, and judging from your pics you are, you did not get butchered and it will simply take some grafts to fill-in the gaps.

best of luck to you.

Ok, thanks,

I have an appointment with the representative who has been my contact with MHR since I started this whole procedure. He is going to see me and view my results on Jan. 7th. I am fairly certain though that I am not goning to be happy with the density even after a year. As far as remembering the doctors names, the first procedure was almost 3 years ago. Why would I have made it a point to remember his name? I know MHR is the company and Im sure if I need to find out what his name is I can call them and find out.

I appreciate everyones input. this is turning out to be a pretty frustrating experience. I am glad I found this forum. Only wish I would have found it earlier.

You just sum it all: MHR. The doctors' name is no longer relevant.

First of all, it is very hard to judge with the info and picture you had provided. Clearer pictures of before and after are needed. In any case, whatever you do, don't go back to MHR even if it is free. I recommend that you consult with one of the doctors from the Coalition.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Trainer444n4:

I had initial transplant work in 95/96 with less than steller results. Unfortunately when I had my surgery, there was no internet and very limited sources of information. In hindsight, it's clear to me that most "hair restoration clinics" did their best to keep prospective patients in the dark about the likely outcome of a procedure. In my case, the clinic fed me lots of B.S. I was told that my doctor was the top hair transplant doctor in the country and did state of the art 'lateral slit grafting' and that the donor scar would be 'pencil thin'. Instead, I got unnatural looking mini/micro plugs and a donor scar that had a second branch off it.

I continued to get my hair cut at the same clinic for a year or two following the surgery and they continued to push me to do more surgery to "improve the density". Thankfully, I didn't do it.

Ultimately I started getting my hands on better quality research including this website. That led me to Shapiro Medical Group and I was able to get my situation repaired.

All that said, I strongly suggest you do not get another hair transplant with the same outfit that did your original work. Judging from your photos, your situation looks quite fixable. Do some research into the top doctors and get it properly corrected.

Formerly TooThin

Cant really tell from the photos but 1800 is not that much to begin with .. 8 months is still early as well to judge..

After 5000 grafts I am extremely happy and cannot picture myself being content with less than this ( I was a N4)

It comes down to a good doctor, time and patience ( money too for the procedures)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

trainer, i meant it's not good that you can't even remember the doc's name as it indicates he may not have been too well known. now knowing you went to mhr i understand why. this was not meant as a slight towards you.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

first of all DONT demand the doctor fix your situation as he is OBV terrible at his job... do not go back there and DO NOT let this clown touch your head again. do NOT trust that clinic again... try for a refund of some sort if possible... from what i see you have nice characeristics(curly hair).... if and when you decide to repair your situation choose wisely... only a SMALL % of docs in the world can pull off consistant results in this field.... you got screwed man, but you have options, and i believe if you DO YOUR RESEARCH on here for a long while, you will figure out what your best move is.... you will be fine. i wish you the best and im sorry.

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Trainer444n4, I felt the same way having two procedures and weak, weak results!!! I would have needed 8 more HTs like I was getting--no joke-- to finally get the results I got only once when I went to Hasson & Wong!!!

Not to be overly critical but the fact he can't remember the surgeons name tells me there was not a lot of research on his account..

Hair transplantation is a serious matter and all precautions must be taken to select the right doctor..

I would say there is a direct relationship to the amount of time spent researching and a successful result.. It pains me to see people learning the har way icon_frown.gif

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by MrJobi:

Not to be overly critical but the fact he can't remember the surgeons name tells me there was not a lot of research on his account..

Hair transplantation is a serious matter and all precautions must be taken to select the right doctor..

I would say there is a direct relationship to the amount of time spent researching and a successful result.. It pains me to see people learning the har way icon_frown.gif

Well in hindsight I would definately agreee with you. I think the problem is I assumed that these guys are highly skilled doctors performing what seems like a very simple procedure. I assumed that a DOCTOR would be good at what he does. I now know differently. I wish I would have known about this board sooner, but Im glad I found it and I really appreciate everyones input. This has truly been a VERY big disappointment.

Thanks again,

Trainer

HT TIPS

Don't ever let travel be a major factor, ever. You will fly to the ends of the earth to get it repaired. Believe me I have read the stories & seen the pictures. Many pick up 1/2 your airfare & put you up for 2 nights. You can consult with these doctors by phone or email. I think phoning will get you better response. Have all your questions written down to get as much answered as possible. Take some good clear pictures from all angles & have them loaded into your computer to send to doctor before you talk about ht.

rtc

"The True Wisdom in Making a Decision about a HT is Knowing What to Accept not Just What to Expect."

Dr Hasson & Dr Wong - Vancouver, Canada ??“ Strip

(888) 819-6013

Dr Feller - Great Neck, NY ??“ USA ??“ Strip & FUE

(800) 424-7728

Dr Cole - Atlanta, GA ??“ USA ??“ Strip & FIT

(800) 368-4247

Dr Wolf - Cincinnati, Ohio ??“ USA ??“ Strip & FUE

(800) 900-4769

Dr Ron Shapiro - Bloomington, MN ??“ USA ??“ Strip & FUE

(800)-843-1989

Dr Rahal ??“ Ottawa, Canada ??“ Strip

(877) 712-4247