6 months and hardly any growth.

Hi all,

As the title says, I'm now 6 months post op following 2134 grafts with Hakan Doganay.

I had

1400 Hairline

600 Crown

134 Scar

At the moment I have had very minimal growth and am starting to panic a little. I know many

Will say that 6 months is early, bit I would of expected more by now.

At what time can you stop saying its early??? I'm aware of many cases where things have improved after this time frame, but am still worried

Realistically I'm thinking I have 2 more months for things to happen otherwise I am fearing a failure. Would you all agree with this???

I know fue takes longer and I did have surgery a year prior to this, so may take longer due to scar tissue.

Reassurance please!!!!

Will post pics soon , bit there isn't much to show.

Cheers

Edited by Buzz2
Graft error

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

Hi all,

As the title says, I'm now 6 months post op following 2134 grafts with Hakan Doganay.

I had

1400 Hairline

600 Crown

134 Scar

At the moment I have had very minimal growth and am starting to panic a little. I know many

Will say that 6 months is early, bit I would of expected more by now.

At what time can you stop saying its early??? I'm aware of many cases where things have improved after this time frame, but am

Realistically I'm thinking I have 2 more months for things to happen otherwise I am fearing a failure. Would you all agree with this???

I know fue takes longer and I did have surgery a year prior to this, so may take longer due to scar tissue.

Reassurance please!!!!

Cheers

Damn im getting more and more worried now, im book with him soon and now all the sudden alot of he's patients is reporting in with not so posetive things.

Could be interesting to hear from doctor hakan's patients that actually had good results??

Could you please post pictures so we Can judge?

Hi all,

I had

1400 Hairline

600 Crown

134 Scar

Will say that 6 months is early, bit I would of expected more by now..

At what time can you stop saying its early??? I'm aware of many cases where things have improved after this time frame, but am still worried

Reassurance please!!!!

Cheers

do you have any pics?i am also with dr.doganay 6 months post-op,and i can't say i see a big difference,i will post photos tomorrow of my 6 month progress.i was told everything is going normally,and the biggest change will be now to 10 months.i had 3976 grafts,5600 hairs(mostly 1s and 2s).

Edited by Xkos48
add more info

Johnny 2000

Don't panic too much, many many patients have great results with Hakan. Many people start growth from 3.5 months and you can't help but compare yourself against them. This is my 4th HT and I still can't helping thinking this way!!!

Xkos

I believe you were the day before me!!! Mine was 21st Sept. I will try and find some pics and post soon.

Johnboy71

Yes I did have a little shock loss and had bad Shockloss in the donor also. That still hadn't grown back fully either which may suggest I'm a very slow grower. It has got a lot better but still some way to go.

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

Total 5134 grafts.

i had shockloss(recepient area),i would say,up to 5 months,since then i have seen a progression,but still a long way to go.in my opinion we are all different when it comes to growth.the final judgement has to be in 12 months.

Johnny 2000

Don't panic too much, many many patients have great results with Hakan. Many people start growth from 3.5 months and you can't help but compare yourself against them. This is my 4th HT and I still can't helping thinking this way!!!

Xkos

I believe you were the day before me!!! Mine was 21st Sept. I will try and find some pics and post soon.

Johnboy71

Yes I did have a little shock loss and had bad Shockloss in the donor also. That still hadn't grown back fully either which may suggest I'm a very slow grower. It has got a lot better but still some way to go.

I Will try not to panic, :)

I was 50 yrs. old when I had over 5,000 FUE grafts. I experienced expected shock-loss but growth began after several months. Hang in there and lets hope for new growth soon. Every hair has its own life cycle but you should expect to see some growth. This is based on my experiences. You can see my results in my HTN website. I'll be posting more pics soon.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I was 50 yrs. old when I had over 5,000 FUE grafts. I experienced expected shock-loss but growth began after several months. Hang in there and lets hope for new growth soon. Every hair has its own life cycle but you should expect to see some growth. This is based on my experiences. You can see my results in my HTN website. I'll be posting more pics soon.

john,just a quick question how long before you saw a significant difference?thanks for your answer.

I saw significant growth starting around the 15th week after surgery. I'm going to be posting a lot more photos on this website soon. But for now....please email me (located below) and I'll send you something that will show you exactly what to expect... based on my well documented experiences.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I'm curious, if you had such a good result with Marwan, why didn't you go to him for your last procedure?

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Whilst Marwan was a quality surgeon, I felt he was a little conservative when it came the number of grafts.

Hakan Doganay has a great rep and most people think he is in the top3 when it comes to fue surgeons, so I thoughtn why not.

John casper

You state it took you several months, but then mention 15 weeks after surgery. To me that is the normal time frame, unleas im missing something.

I am now 26 weeks post op with little growth

Total 5134 grafts.

Who is 'most' people? When I think of the top 3 FUE surgeons, Bisanga, Feriduni and Lorenzo come to mind. But Doganay seems to have a good reputation and is mentioned a lot recently.

I wish you the best. I know how tough it is being only 4 months out myself (FUT).

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Hotshot

I would say my hair is of medium thickness.

I'm sure an ethical clinic like AHD (HAKAN DOGANAY) would not transplant caucasians if they believed the result would be compromised in any way.

They refuse many cases based on lack of donor supply etc, etc so truly believe this is not the reason.

Total 5134 grafts.

Anyway, a quick update.

I managed to spot quite a few thin, colourless hairs in the correct lighting and also have quite a few tiny black dots appearing which I can only hope means more hair trying to break through the surface. Either that or I've has a mass break out of black heads!!

The signs are promising.

Its not worth trying to capture on camera at this stage as it will not be picked up.

Total 5134 grafts.

• 1 month later...
Anyway, a quick update.

I managed to spot quite a few thin, colourless hairs in the correct lighting and also have quite a few tiny black dots appearing which I can only hope means more hair trying to break through the surface. Either that or I've has a mass break out of black heads!!

The signs are promising.

Its not worth trying to capture on camera at this stage as it will not be picked up.

sounds like you may be experiencing some new growth finally ! Any updates, hope things are finally picking up for you Buzz

All the best,

Scott

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Buzz,

It's been another six weeks since your last post and can you feel any stubble when you lightly rub the area with your fingertips?

If you can, then that's undoubtedly new growth!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

hey gillenator,I'm in the same boat as buzz,is it normal to see growth at a starting,very slowly at 6 months,and yet have a good outcome?I'm 1 week shy of 8 months,and I do see progress,but at turtle speed.