Scalp Micropigmentation thickening effect - Men's Ink

Permanent scalp micropigmentation thickening effect.

He shaved his hair at the sides between the first and the second session.

By Mirko Bruscaini.

Men's Ink Tricopigmentation (ex Dermo Beauty Center).

2zhkuo8.jpg

347xzjb.jpg

29pep29.jpg

2rghkxk.jpg

2agrpet.jpg

20624cj.jpg

21c5cv7.jpg

I am the owner of Men's Ink, providing permanent and temporary scalp micropigmentation services.

Very natural! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

This shows what a little hair can do. The guy has got thinned minaturizing hair and yet with the ink it looks great. So if you can replicate that density with FUE - barely 20-25/cm - at flat angles there is no reason a NW6 or even a NW7 could not get significant benefits from HT surgery. 1000-1500 grafts would go a long, long way.

Great hairline, very soft.

Mirko,

What is your opinion about color and permanent SMP. Black only?

makes sense.. looks very good

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

This shows what a little hair can do. The guy has got thinned minaturizing hair and yet with the ink it looks great. So if you can replicate that density with FUE - barely 20-25/cm - at flat angles there is no reason a NW6 or even a NW7 could not get significant benefits from HT surgery. 1000-1500 grafts would go a long, long way.

Great hairline, very soft.

Mirko,

What is your opinion about color and permanent SMP. Black only?

Hi,

I use different tones of black in base to the color of the hair.

I am the owner of Men's Ink, providing permanent and temporary scalp micropigmentation services.

very nice work and transformation!

do you have any examples of SMP done on patients with longer hair for illusion of more density? (non shaved head cases)

and what is your cost for SMP into scars?

thanks

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Looks great Mirko! I will be in Milan April 13th for some more training at Beauty Medical. Would love to meet up with you if you're available and/or check out your clinic.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

The hairline shape looks like a more natural male hairline as far too often with SMP, the hairlines are drawn too linear.

Good work.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hi Tony,

at the end of the second session.

Hi Mirko,

Thanks for your reply.

But doesn't smp when it is fresh look a lot more effective than it does 1 month later when the scabs have all fallen off and the dots have shrunk i.e. there is no longer that three dimensional illusion to create that thickness effect which appears in the photos you posted.

.....But doesn't smp when it is fresh look a lot more effective than it does 1 month later when the scabs have all fallen off and the dots have shrunk i.e. there is no longer that three dimensional illusion to create that thickness effect which appears in the photos you posted.

Don't be a wise ass!! lol

In all my SMPs there have been significant change from the the freshly minted to the one month point.

Day One

The dots look larger.

It looks more 3-dimensional.

More defined, sharp, some parts look too defined.

Days Thirty to Sixty

The dots toward the surface have shed/bled away, so the underlying layer is left.

The underlying layer;

-looks less sharp and the tones are muted, more blueish-grey, less defined, more opaque. You lose the contrasts in both color and depth that give it that 3D look on day one.

But!!! if you have some hair, you can give it texture and you are still OK..

OR if you have darker skin pigmentation the above "issues" aren't nearly as much of a problem.

A good thing is that sometimes the operator seems to have dumped too much ink in a particular spot and that will soften.

Remember that SMP is literally hit-and-miss. There is no telling the depth of your barrier between the epidermis and dermis UNTIL the ink actually starts going in, and then it still relies on the sharp reactions and response of the operator to observe and adjust accordingly. After adjusting, they have to stay sharp because this depth varies throughout the scalp which might require further adjustments. If they just 'plough on' regardless, you will have 'clouds' ..literally darker areas mixed with lighter ones and my guess is you will be (should be) concerned about that. Needless to say, you have to trust them, with all the uncertainty that comes with it.

Don't be a wise ass!! lol

In all my SMPs there have been significant change from the the freshly minted to the one month point.

Day One

The dots look larger.

It looks more 3-dimensional.

More defined, sharp, some parts look too defined.

Days Thirty to Sixty

The dots toward the surface have shed/bled away, so the underlying layer is left.

The underlying layer;

-looks less sharp and the tones are muted, more blueish-grey, less defined, more opaque. You lose the contrasts in both color and depth that give it that 3D look on day one.

But!!! if you have some hair, you can give it texture and you are still OK..

OR if you have darker skin pigmentation the above "issues" aren't nearly as much of a problem.

A good thing is that sometimes the operator seems to have dumped too much ink in a particular spot and that will soften.

Remember that SMP is literally hit-and-miss. There is no telling the depth of your barrier between the epidermis and dermis UNTIL the ink actually starts going in, and then it still relies on the sharp reactions and response of the operator to observe and adjust accordingly. After adjusting, they have to stay sharp because this depth varies throughout the scalp which might require further adjustments. If they just 'plough on' regardless, you will have 'clouds' ..literally darker areas mixed with lighter ones and my guess is you will be (should be) concerned about that. Needless to say, you have to trust them, with all the uncertainty that comes with it.

Great information scar5, thanks for sharing it. I think what would prove hugely beneficial is if someone in this industry would post pictures immediately after the procedure, at 30 days, and at 90 to 180 days, as a way to properly judge these results.

If the results lighten slightly over time, that is to be expected. I think what would be unexpected is someone in this industry revealing this type of expected fade over time. This type of transparency is desperately needed in this nascent industry.

Great information scar5, thanks for sharing it. I think what would prove hugely beneficial is if someone in this industry would post pictures immediately after the procedure, at 30 days, and at 90 to 180 days, as a way to properly judge these results.

If the results lighten slightly over time, that is to be expected. I think what would be unexpected is someone in this industry revealing this type of expected fade over time. This type of transparency is desperately needed in this nascent industry.

Good points.

It's not just about it lightening/fading though. For the first few weeks after smp, the hair can be grown longer (up to a grade 2) due to the 3 dimensional effect which appear in the photos Mirko posted. However, afterwards most people would be lucky to get away with a grade 0 at best. It largely depends on the amount of hair loss. However, if one has a receded hairline and goes for smp, realistically you won't be able to grow your hair beyond a grade 0.

If the smp in the photos could be maintained long-term it would be fantastic; I would be going for smp tomorrow if this could be achieved. However, unfortunately it cannot. As you say, I would like to see companies post photos of smp a few months after the treatment as the fresh smp images are unrealistic long-term.

-

Edited by TonyB

I wasn't trying to be smart but these photos are misleading .

I know you weren't trying to be smart!! Sorry for the inference. It was my dumb ass trying to be clever!!

Anyway, I agree the pics are a bit misleading, but still I think this SMP looks impressive in so far as it is only a freshly minted job.

I think it is going to be very difficult to show SMP at the one month, two month, three month points because the SMP offices won't have access to these pics and the stigma of SMP is so obvious that few people will want to post pics of their fake tattoo hair on line.

However, we are starting to reveal more about SMP as time goes by and pretty soon the spiel about, 'we use;

1) Special tools

2) Special Inks

3) Special Techniques '

will be exposed for what it is, just marketing fluff and the SMP shops will have to prove something meaningful to us. (mind you they won't lose mush sleep either way$$$$$)

Is there a way to erase SMP if it doesn't come out as well as intended.. and then maybe go to another clinic to perfect it?

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

they typically remove it with a laser

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)