Dr Koray 3200 grafts in 2011

Discoid

Hello fellas , first of all excuse me guys for my poor English. From long time I wanted to share my HT that it done in 2011 with Dr Koray in Istanbul.my hair loss started when I was 19 then 8 years later my baldness reached to class 6 so I decided to have HT,I did a lot of research in the internet to choice which clinic are best.when I saw the results of Dr Koray I was so impressed and I said this my saver , I sent my pics to Koray and said that I need 3200 grafts to rebuild my hairline and mid scalp and 6 month later he can transplant the crown area.i arrived to istanbult and I had face to face consultation and I did the HT on 2 days he transplanted 1900 grafts to rebuild the hairline and the rest on the mid scalp. Finally after 12 months I didn't like the result and I contacted Dr.Koray to know his opinion , he said that my HT are successful but because your expectation too high So that why you don't like it.:(

My conclusion Dr.Kory is a very nice person , the clinic clean ( they have a good a infection control ) and the team they were friendly and polite

image.jpg.22b78291071c5fe2650ec17be58fa08e.jpg

Edited by Discoid

1900 grafts to rebuild a hairline on a NW6 like you say you were, is not enough in my opinion. And 3200 grafts on the entire head of a NW6 is just not enough. You would see an improvement but not a dramatic change where you go from NW6 to Pauly D from Jersey Shore.

I am NW3.5 or 4(not sure, it's getting better every week because of minoxidil + dutasteride) and I was quoted 3500 grafts, I have coarse hair like you(?). I feel like 3500 won't be enough for my specific goals, so I don't know how 3200 would be enough for a NW6.

NW6, you are looking at 5000-6000 in my opinion, to see a significant change that would make you happy. I read something here that you should get 1000 grafts for every NW stage that you are? Not sure how accurate that is, but it does make sense to me.

Have you thought about growing your hair out? The results might look much better. Your hairline is nicely shaped, and although your a Norwood 6, the number of grafts you had placed in the frontal and mid area should show significant improvement. Also, do you take propecia? I think if you grow your hair out you might see more of a cosmetic improvement. Dr Erdogan is highly skilled and I hope you the best outcome.

i think if you put a side by side comparison of your before and after photos, you'd also see and appreciate the cosmetic improvement. I too like the creation of the hairline and filling in midscalp. You elect to wear your hair short so its not as dramatic a result, but definitely nice coverage. I would be extremely happy if I had your result! But best of luck with whatever you want to achieve!

Need proper before photos but looking at the finished result, I don't think I would be too pleased with it either.... Some areas are almost totally barren of yield...

I would like to get some further information on this procedure. Can you share some better pics showing pre-op, immediately post-op and final resutls?

While I agree that I would not find this result satisfying, I also agree with what's been said that this was quite a small procedure for this degree of hair loss and, even with 100% yield, would probably not have delivered an aesthetically pleasing result.

What was your surgical plan? Did you and Dr. Koray discuss the trade off between area coverage and density? To me it appears that too much area was covered with this small number of grafts with a sacrifice in density.

If you take a look at guys who have had exceptional results with high Norwood levels, they're typically gonna be above 5,000 grafts. Our managing publisher Bill has had well over 9,000 grafts.

Did you understand going into the surgery that you'd likely need more work to meet your goals?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I would like to get some further information on this procedure. Can you share some better pics showing pre-op, immediately post-op and final resutls?

While I agree that I would not find this result satisfying, I also agree with what's been said that this was quite a small procedure for this degree of hair loss and, even with 100% yield, would probably not have delivered an aesthetically pleasing result.

What was your surgical plan? Did you and Dr. Koray discuss the trade off between area coverage and density? To me it appears that too much area was covered with this small number of grafts with a sacrifice in density.

If you take a look at guys who have had exceptional results with high Norwood levels, they're typically gonna be above 5,000 grafts. Our managing publisher Bill has had well over 9,000 grafts.

Did you understand going into the surgery that you'd likely need more work to meet your goals?

Hey David ,

Dr.Koary was planing to do HT in 2 steps the 1st surgery to design the hairline and fill mid scalp and six months later to do the crown area . He decided the no. of grafts and I've been told that is a sufficient number of grafts for the hairline and mid scalp.

Need proper before photos but looking at the finished result, I don't think I would be too pleased with it either.... Some areas are almost totally barren of yield...

Honestly the HT is the worst decision I ever made

To be honest it looks like you have lost a lot of native hair since your before pic.

1900 grafts has given you some coverage and a frame to your face but isn't enough so far.

You need to complete the job now and go for a second procedure.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

I've said this over and over: the current state of hair transplantation is not sufficiently advanced to produce cosmetically acceptable results on the vast majority of men who are beyond NW 4.

If you're beyond NW 4, it's highly unlikely that you will realize a cosmetically acceptable result unless you have extraordinary hair characteristics.

discoid, If i were you I would try buzzing down with a #1 or 2 guard. It will blend the sides and top a bit better. Then I would add more grafts (if it's financially feasible) and/or have some Scalp Micropigmentation done. While I agree this result isn't as great as it should have been, it wasn't a total disaster. It's tough to tell from your pictures but it appears as if you would have enough grafts in the bank to achieve the result you were looking for. I also would concentrate on using more grafts on the frontal/mid area rather than hitting the crown.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I've said this over and over: the current state of hair transplantation is not sufficiently advanced to produce cosmetically acceptable results on the vast majority of men who are beyond NW 4.

If you're beyond NW 4, it's highly unlikely that you will realize a cosmetically acceptable result unless you have extraordinary hair characteristics.

This has nothing to do with 'the current state of hair transplantation.' Obviously 3200 grafts distributed over the entire head of a NW6 is not going to be enough. Another procedure of 2,000-3,000 grafts will produce a nice result.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018