New Sub Forum Suggestion

wylie

I think that a HT forum that is truly dedicated to the patient would have a repair forum. This is not a sub-forum found on many forums, and the reasons for this is are easy enough to guess. I realize that a forum like this one is no different than any HT clinic in business today, profit margins are the first priority of business, and a repair section is not the most effective marketing tool for increasing ones bottom line.

But if this forum truly wanted to take the next step and distance itself from the competition it would be well served to create a separate "Repair" forum. It would serve as a useful tool for what constitutes a large part of the HT industry today, and that is doctors performing repairs. A dedicated sub-forum would be invaluable to those seeking advice and information, and it would concentrate repair threads and make them easier to find.

It's really a shame to see a barely visited sub-forum called "Balding Bob and the Follicular Follies" on this forum and nothing dedicated to Repairs. Why not substitute what would be a high traffic sub-forum for one that is largely ignored? I think this would also raise the profile of this forum over other similar forums and, most importantly, serve as a valuable resource for those seeking repairs.

Hi Wylie,

Thank you for the suggestion. We (Pat, Bill, Dave, and I) have discussed this at various times in the past. Frankly, I do not recall the way the conversation ended the last time we spoke. However, I think you bring up some good points, and we try to do all that we can to remain patient-focused. I will bring the issue up with Bill and Dave and see what they think.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I like the idea. But keep in mind what constitutes as a repair is very subjective. Some consider a repair as work on a previous botched HT. Some consider it a HT after a previous one that no longer looks desirable based on additional hair loss that may or may not be attributed to a mistake of the previous doctor. But I do see some value in it for sure. I like the suggestion.

Wylie,

While I know from previous conversations how adamant you are about including a "hair transplant repair" forum, we had previously decided that it could be confusing and not constructive. What constitutes a "repair" can be subjective and there are already several categories dedicated to hair transplantation.

That said, we will certainly consider your and other's input on this and if we feel it will be constructive or helpful, we'll consider adding it.

Best wishes,

Bill

These are all good points. Repairs are subjective, but it would be beneficial to have a sub forum if it were correctly posted in. If you search the word repair, many of them in my mind are not actual repairs, and many are.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think its good idea, it will help many that are looking for repair work done from the 80s or 90s, plugs to min and micros, and guys want to improve their scar,just like when guys post about their hair transplant, it does educate and help those looking to get a ht, a repair section will help others in finding ways to improve their situation and improve their quality of life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Just putting my vote in. I am for a repair category. Thanks for bringing it up Wylie

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 2 weeks later...

I am definitely up for a repair category (wide scars, plugs, poorly placed grafts etc) and I would also like to see an "Alternative Restoration" section (where guys have stripped out and then fue their scar, or just want to fue in their scar). I mean this is a great idea that I think needs to be done and its being held up because of doctors or clinics that we may offend calling their work "a repair" when they deem it is not. I am not hostile towards clinics but I know that many people come on here looking for a repair or an "alternative restoration" for a previous surgery. Been in the game too long I believe this needs to be done... just my thoughts

You only live once...

I have my own suspicions on why a repair forum is disallowed here, but I will keep them to myself. It certainly will not advance the cause of adding a desperately needed forum for repair patients by acting adversarial.

The thing is, repairs are not a result of a bygone era, there are people being butchered right now, who are out there seeking answers and support online, and finding nothing. I know the feeling quite well myself.

Pretending there is not a need for such a forum is quite troubling on many levels.

I have my own suspicions on why a repair forum is disallowed here, but I will keep them to myself. It certainly will not advance the cause of adding a desperately needed forum for repair patients by acting adversarial.

The thing is, repairs are not a result of a bygone era, there are people being butchered right now, who are out there seeking answers and support online, and finding nothing. I know the feeling quite well myself.

Pretending there is not a need for such a forum is quite troubling on many levels.

Well said! I just don't understand, the world class clinics will actually benefit from this to show how they repair patients and how they help people! This is something I gets addressed as its a must! This is a forum for the patient, and nobody has it worse than a patient that had an unsuccessful or unsatisfactoy HT.... Come on people lets rectify this....

You only live once...

• 2 months later...

You can add me to the list of people that think adding this sub forum is a good idea. As it stands right now all the members that have commented have ALL said they support this.

Thanks Wylie for bringing it up.

Lets hope more members get behind it.

It takes the membership to make it happen, as the powers that be (for reasons that remain unclear) remain opposed to this happening. Thanks guys for your input.

I think a repair section is a great idea as well. I also think you could merge Patient Results section with Surgeon Reviews since the former is basically a pictorial review of a surgeon.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com