Top 5 FUE surgeons in the U.S. ?

xchromosome

I think there has been so much hype on this forum lately on FUE outside the US/Canada. No doubt, there are some top rate FUE docs overseas. However, there are also some really good ones in North America. For starters SMG do some really nice FUE work.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I have not been impressed by SMG FUE at all to be honest. From the results seen by their patients, i would not go to them. My opinion.

i am also considering to have my fue in usa. please suggest top 5 doctors . there are few in europe and the waiting list is for 12 months on average.

That is not an accurate statement. Lorenzo USED to have a 12 month waiting list until he moved to the UK. You could get a procedure with him in less than 3 months now. Bisanga, hakan erdogan also do not have a 12 wait. The only surgeon i am aware of in europe that has a circa 12 month waiting list is Feriduni who is also an excellent surgeon at strip and fue. I will forever remember the kindness and care that he exhibited to me in our 35 minute Skype consult where there was no push for a deposit, date etc. 12 month wait for feriduni is worth it, as it is with lorenzo, erdogan, bisanga, hakan, maras.

I haven't seen FUE results from a US doctor that paralleled the best in Europe. The closest might be Feller, but what's the point of staying in the US if you'd spend about as much or possibly more anyways.

To ones enquiring,

In general, I believe our work at Shapiro Medical is very consistent, with growth on the average of 90-100%, and transection rate manually or with the Artas Robot approx. 3-7%. If transection rates are low and survival is consistently high 90-100%, our FUE should be virtually as good as our FUT, in that the rest of the procedure is the same as FUT. We are a bit more conservative with FUE and we generally don’t do as large of sessions, at this point we would rather add more hair then have issues.

We take the same high level of care in doing FUE as FUT; skilled and caring staff, implementing what we believe is the state of the art equipment and technology, with strong internal quality control. I do not believe anyone is doing anything over us, honestly.

Now, we do not push the numbers, in regard to big FUE sessions that will produce necessary WOW results (big transformation), because of some concerns. The numbers may increase in time, we'll see. I believe our results are of high quality, and usually meet our patients’ goals. Because our sessions are usually between 1500-2500fus, after the work has grown out, patients may feel they may want more. If all a patient ends up needing is a bit more hair, that is not necessarily a bad thing. I understand that patients ideally would like to have their goals met in one session, but goals are subjective and some, because of future progression, may need to accept a result a bit thinner to address other areas adequately down the road. At our clinic I always make sure patients are aware that they may need more work, and this can be the case with either FUE or FUT, but I caution them more with FUE. We try to get our patients where they need to be in density, regardless of the technique, by using no more hair then we have to. This is to ration the donor for the future, and not paint someone into a corner.

I believe the internet has made patients believe that whatever a clinic does (as far as number of grafts) in the first session, it should be the magical number that meets all their goals. That is not the case, as goals are subjective. You could take three individuals that are physically identical, and each may require a different degree of work based on their nature. Like in golf, we don’t think we are going to necessarily sink the ball in the hole 200 meters out, however, we are trying to get it close so that we can hopefully putt it in on the next shot. If it goes in on the first shot it is a bonus. Sometimes, when patients were hoping the results would have been a bit fuller in the first session, they believe something did not grow. This may be the case, but most of the time it is not the case at our group. The patient’s expectations for their preferred density were just higher then what the graft number would achieve, even at 100% survival. It is then also the job of a good clinic to determine, based on multiple factors, if it is safe and appropriate to add more hair based on the degree of future progression anticipated.

Density is really the only matter we ever address at Shapiro Medical, and NOT because of poor growth. It is because unless you can match normal density or exceed it, no patient is ever going to say, “ You gave me TOO much hair.” No clinic has ever heard this from a patient.

We want to meet every patient’s goals regarding high quality and density, but we are also making sure we are saving donor for the future as one progresses.

Patient Educator, Shapiro Medical. Going on 20years with Dr Ron Shapiro......not a regular poster, I leave that to Janna

I just to back from a consultation and I booked my apt for my procedure at Marina plastic surgery with Dr Stevens. He does the fue transplant which Is the only procedure I wanted to get done. I joined this page looking for other drs so I could get a third consult to make sure he is the dr to use. @8 unit under 1k follicles and 7$ for everything over that it seems to be an amazing deal.

When it comes to FUE in USA, I can trust Dr. Umar because of his FUE solid practice and clear video results without any flash used like other strip clinics lately.

I think Europe took over the lead in HT these days especially in FUE while USA is still a FUT capital.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I just to back from a consultation and I booked my apt for my procedure at Marina plastic surgery with Dr Stevens. He does the fue transplant which Is the only procedure I wanted to get done. I joined this page looking for other drs so I could get a third consult to make sure he is the dr to use. @8 unit under 1k follicles and 7$ for everything over that it seems to be an amazing deal.

$7us per graft is not a good deal compared to overseas surgeons. $8-7us per graft via fue is the standard rate for FUE in North America.

Edited by Mickey85

That is not an accurate statement. Lorenzo USED to have a 12 month waiting list until he moved to the UK. You could get a procedure with him in less than 3 months now. Bisanga, hakan erdogan also do not have a 12 wait. The only surgeon i am aware of in europe that has a circa 12 month waiting list is Feriduni who is also an excellent surgeon at strip and fue. I will forever remember the kindness and care that he exhibited to me in our 35 minute Skype consult where there was no push for a deposit, date etc. 12 month wait for feriduni is worth it, as it is with lorenzo, erdogan, bisanga, hakan, maras.

Can you give me the websites of these doctors you recommended? Thank you

When I joined 2 years ago North America was all the rage, Europe seemed to barely be mentioned. Times are'a changing.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon