FUE clinic in Iran ?

david-L

Hi guys.

I am traveling to Iran (tehran) in march to do a hair transplantation (fue / fit method) but I am not sure which clinic to go to since I've heard a lot of good and bad from a lot of the clinics over there.

I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything useful.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction.

I read the forum posts on "how to pick a clinic" etc ... but I am looking for users that have done their transplants in one of these clinics in Iran and can share their experiences.

Thank you!

I doubt you're going to find anyone here who has had a transplant in Iran. Most patients here are from the US and Europe, and I don't think many would travel to Iran for a transplant. Where are you from, I'm curious what made you choose Iran as the place to get a transplant? I would focus on the recommended doctors on this site.

Warning, STAY AWAY! The elite FUE surgeons are in Belgium, UK and Turkey. Iran is NOT known for its quality FUE or hair transplantation. Look elsewhere and save yourself a big mistake please.

Warning, STAY AWAY! The elite FUE surgeons are in Belgium, UK and Turkey. Iran is NOT known for its quality FUE or hair transplantation. Look elsewhere and save yourself a big mistake please.

If we here don't know anything about Iranian clinics, why would it mean this guy needs to stay away? Maybe they are having top doctors we know nothing about (I doubt it, but still). But imposing your ignorance on someone is a wrong way to go.

If we here don't know anything about Iranian clinics, why would it mean this guy needs to stay away? Maybe they are having top doctors we know nothing about (I doubt it, but still). But imposing your ignorance on someone is a wrong way to go.

I dont think it is ignorant to inform someone that as of 2014, Iran has no hidden gems when it comes to hair transplantation. I dont think it is ignorant to inform someone wherr to go for for the best chances of a successful fue hair transpant, some might actually call that good advice. You on the other hand seem to be content with the OP trying his luck out and severely limiting his chances of a good procedure, not because of the country itself(which i have no problems with except for their human rights record) but because you are limiting the pool of surgeons to one location AND that country having no known adept FUE surgeons. Either way, all the best to you and to the OP. Peace.

I have to agree with Mickey. Is it possible that there is some great surgeon in Iran that we haven't heard of? Sure, but why would you want to risk going to an unknown surgeon when there are plenty of well known great surgeons through out the world. A hair transplant is not something that you want to roll the dice with.

The question was not "where do you guys think I should go" but "do you know more about Iranian clinics" as it appears the OP did some research and has interest in Iran specifically:

I read the forum posts on "how to pick a clinic" etc ... but I am looking for users that have done their transplants in one of these clinics in Iran and can share their experiences.

Unless you can help him with this, or have an idea where he could search, I don't see the point in making an argument out of the fact that you simply don't know. IMO, the people from the Gulf (who have the money + seek for lower prices + are in geographical proximity), as well as Persian diaspora, would know more than this US and Europe-centered community.

I agree with Mickey85, Turkey is much better however there is one clinic my friend had HT with and the results were good. Plus most of the citizens in my country go there for FUE. Check it out Dr.Piroozhashemi's clinic. The doctors name is Dr.Mohsen Piroozhashemi, He is the head of Iran Hair Restoration Clinic and American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery certified (Link removed by moderator)

Edited by David - Moderator

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hey, thank you for all of your input.

I am doing research and there very well might be good doctors / physicians over there.

How much can I trust a physician if he/she is a member of the international hair restoration society? Would this indicate that he/she is a bit more serious than others etc... I will obviously book a few consultations when I get there to get a feel for how the clinic operates etc... Before I make a decision but would like to hear your thoughts before I pick a few differrent clinics to consult with.

This is what I have found while doing my research

https://www.ishrs.org/users/draliabbasi

Some information about this doctor:

Informational Paragraph:

Doctor Ali Abbasi, M.D is a board certified Dermatologist and American board hair restoration surgery certified, specializing in practice of hair restoration surgery and he is a full time hair transplant practitioner and has done more than 1500 hair transplantation surgeries since 1993 . He has attended clinical courses in hair transplantation surgery in England, Austria, Germany, France, Canada and America during these years has always been in close contact with the academic centers in Iran and other countries. His current practice almost exclusively utilizes follicular unit transplanting and using stereomicroscope microscopes combined with dense packing at a rate of 35-45 grafts per Sq. cm. Dr. Abbasi works with an experienced team consisting of an anesthetist and 10 surgical technicians specially trained for hair transplantation surgery. His clinic has been designed and equipped in a way to provide safety and comfort for the patients. Doctor Abbasi attends scientific congresses on hair transplantation surgery held annually in different countries in order to update his knowledge and use the last techniques introduced by the researchers. Mutually he has done studies and research in this field and has presented them in these congresses. He has authored multiple articles in medical journals and lectured about his surgical method, and hair transplant researches in many Iranian universities and in scientific meetings in the world and held many live workshops in Tehran and Iran medical university for other physicians interested in hair transplants.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to share your thoughts

This guy seems pretty legit.

I know there are many HT clinics in Iran,many practice FUE and I know a few people who had HTs in Iran,some with very good results others not so good.I cannot personally recommend any specific doctor or clinic there.

but in general,cosmetic surgeries and hair transplants are very common in Iran,and there are surgeons and clinics that do good work.(based on the results I've seen).

I did a transplant in Tehran myself 12 years ago (FUT),and the result wasn't good,but at that time HTs were not advanced anywhere..

there are some recommended Ht surgeons here who are originally from Iran,but are practicing in Europe/ US (Dr.Feriduni / Dr.Parsa Mohebi) also Baubac Hayatdavoudi (Armani clinic in Beverly Hills CA - but he is not recommended here).

I think it's a gamble unless you personally see a few patients from a doctor that people recommend you.prices are on par with clinics in Turkey.

I think going with the few reputable doctors in Turkey is a safer option.

I totally agree with Mickey. I heard no one who had hairtransplant in Iran. Turkey is Iran's neighbour you know, maybe it's better for you to search about surgeons in Turkey or anywhere succesful docs are and you can visit.

• 11 months later...

Relax guys.

David-L actually Iran is a top hair transplant destination in the Arabian Gulf despite what some might think on this forum. Obviously the immediate and natural reaction would be like the aforementioned comments 'STAY AWAY' were in reality thousand viait Iran purely for a hair transplant procedure.

A good friend of mine went to Shiraz, Iran - 5000 gratfs FUE and paid $2.6k all in including medication. A year later his results were average and actually at par with many of the photos I see on thsi forum of patients who had surgeries in Istanbul Sweden US etc.

I will double check and share the info with you.

• 2 months later...

Dear David, I'm in the same boat and hoping to find someone great in Iran to do some transplant for me. I was wondering if you found anyone good in your search. I live in the U.S. And the prices here are much higher than they would be in Iran.

• 4 months later...

I met an Iranian recently in London who told me that the FUE procedure is very cheap in Iran.

He told me he paid ?850 for one. I must admit I was very surprised as his transplant was extremely good. I've also been told by two other Iranians, who don't know each other, that people who smoke opium don't suffer from hair loss. I told this to the man with the hair transplant and he said that if you you look at all the imams, they all have lots of hair.

I've found no reference to this in my research, but it's a bit extreme if it's true.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Proceed with strong caution.

This industry is saturated with unethical doctors here in the United States, which has more regulations and medical standards than many countries. Going to countries such as Turkey, Iran, etc may be a huge risk due to them being unproven and possibly even unregulated.

I would rather save my money for a long term successful procedure than be left with an obviously unnatural and unsuccessful result.

Happy Patient's Blog

• 2 months later...
Guest iranfit
Hi guys.

Sorry , I find this comment very very late , But for other people who search for the best Hair Transplant Clinic in Iran , i can nominate IRAN FIT CLINIC.

(promotional link and contact information removed by moderator)

Edited by David - Moderator
problem in website link

You definitely may want to reconsider this. There isn't too much information on FUE clinics in Iran throughout the message boards.

I strongly recommend doing your due diligence before making this decision. My objective advice is to also save your money, for as long as it takes in order to get a good surgery, hence a good result.

Good luck!

About my hair loss journey:

Happy Patient's Blog

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone, I am Mahboubeh and live in Iran (Tehran) And I work in a beauty clinic. It is a good idea to come to Iran for a hair transplant (fit + fut). Because in addition to being a cheap hair transplant, it has excellent quality. I suggest you see the following link to prove my point and see before and after photos of people who did hair transplants: https://behrooyanclinic.com/کاشت-مو/

You can email any questions you have info@behrooyanclinic.com