Urgently need advice on Michael May

Amyrtle

I don't know the guy, but this is a good place to check. I suggest you open a new topic in some of the popular folders so that you can get input from more people faster. Also, a quick forum search (find the button at the heading of this page) might bring you some results. Good luck!

Cancel, definitely!! Research more, uk has got dr Lorenzo in Manchester !! Amazing!!! Or feriduni ,mwamba and bisanga in Belgium, all fantastic surgeons! Or turkey has erdogan and doghany! All producing some of the beast results out there! Don not take. Chance on this guy, you will regret it !!

Avoid.

I just did a quick search and found that Garageland......a very popular and experienced poster has been to him years ago....and posted the following experience:

My first hair transplant with the wonderfully charismatic Michael May (now with the Wimpole clinic, UK) aged 23 heading for nw 6/7 but with a lot of my own hair at the time he decides 450 mini micro grafts (4-6 hairs) at ?1500 (nice round number) would be just the job, “a few of these and you will be set up for life” was his words or something similar. He was recommended to me as the hair transplant man, he came across more like a monk on a vow of silence as there was no communication throughout the surgery and he decided in all is wisdom and consulting his crystal ball that my hairline would recede only about 1” higher than it currently was (aged 23) but retain the same nice curved youthful shape i.e. no recession into the temples.

He carried out the surgery like a man who had been doing it for years i.e. as if he was bored sh*tless, but after all he was a doctor and you are supposed to trust them , right?.

Anyway the 450 grafts gave my a bit more density than what I had and I was now on the hair transplant roller coaster, so 2 more sessions and I should be good to go, hmmm.

Do yourself a huge favour and stay away. Research the docs on this site and you'll end up in good hands!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Cancel and try to get the money back.

What's the worst that can happen? You waste precious donor hair and end up with a bad result that will cost even more money and even more precious donor to fix.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I take it you did little or no research beforehand? :confused:

Your question "What's the worst that can happen" is... kinda funny in a very sarcastic way.

A HT is a major decision, losing your deposit is a small price to pay. Be sure to do lots of research this next time around. There are plenty of sub-par HT doctors out there who will gladly take your money and feed you a few lies along the way. My advice is to check out the ones backed by this site.

Amy,

Did you end up going through with the procedure?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

very interesting,I hope you cancelled with this quack ...

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

It would be interesting to hear whether this patient went through with the surgery, amyrtle look forward to hearing from you.

I had surgery with Dr May in 1996 at the age of 23 whilst the experience was a long time ago and the results were pluggy and unnatural that is not so much my problem as that was what was being offered in the UK at that date it was more the decision to carry out such a small procedure on someone with miniaturization throughout the entire scalp into a NW6 pattern.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Anything?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon