My 3500grafts FUE with Dr. Maral in Istanbul

Hesediel

Hi Hesediel !

I'm so glad to see you back... I really am.

You're right at the beginning of a big growth... believe me, the next 2 months many things will happen on your head :) Your hairline is nice, now that's gonna fill up and thicken everywhere.

Look forward to see what's next :)

fred

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey !

Great to see you back :-) and to see your progress - things are really starting to happen for you. Im just a couple of weeks behind you.

I agree that the hairline looks absolutely spot on. The redness should keep fading too. Please keep posting updates from now on.

First thing that made me choose him was the good impression I've got from emailing with him, thing that absolutely did not happen with Dr. Erdogan.

Second, I'd be an hypocrite if I didnt say "the price". Around half of other surgeons in Turkey and around 1/3 of what I would have payed in my country. Being a college student sometimes forces you in a specific direction... I know I shouldn't consider price over quality, but I also thought "afterall, thinking about my genetic and my hair loss at 24yo, it can't get that much worse.. might as well try it!".

Final price btw was 1700€, including hotel staying, transportations to/from hotel/airport and post operation drugs and care. Plus, I've got the Venice-Istanbul direct flight for only 140€ round trip. I can't ask for more :)

I know nothing about Dr M. but Dr Erdogan gave is giving me the same impression if fact worse, i suspect him of over quoting my needs. He is opinion i require 5000 Vs the 1800-3500 quotes by 3 other WELL RESPECTED docs. When i asked about it no reply for 5 days now.

Was about to commit to DR H. Dognay but ill look into Dr. Maral. Looking at available date Dr Erdogan.

Hope it all comes out the best for you my brother/s

Hi,, This is my first post. I also had 3500 grafts recently with Dr Maral. I will post about my experiences later but Ive a question and would be very grateful if someone could help. Once scabbing started dying down ,, about 8 days in I got roung bumby skin in the recipient area. Ive read lots of threads where pimples appear when new hair is coming in but Im only 2 week in and got this rough/pimply skin. Grafts have not shed yet. Ive heard an acne cream like Quinoderm is acceptable to use at this early stage. Is this true? Also,, My recipient area is still really red. Ive started using aloe vera gel. Is this okay/or is there something better? Thanks for your advice.

Hi abcd000, Ive not asked yet,, Ive just sent a txt to Sonnur,, his assistant, so hopefully will post his reply.

My experience was good with the Maral Clinic,, main concern on the day was they put 3500 grafts into a relatively small area,, I had expected 2000 maybe 2500 but the tried to harvest 3000 and ended up with 3500 ! Now I just want my skin to calm down and the redness to fade,,, Ive been in hiding for 2 weeks and people are beginning to notice my absence.

Oh yes, they definitely know their job. My recipient area is perfect now, no pitting or cobble-stoning whatsoever.

You did well to disappear, I tried leading normal life a couple of days post-op and it ended up terribly. Take your time to heal. And get yourself a nice collection of hats as your hair is going to look like sh.t for the next 3 months or so.

It would normally be a "New Thread" button on any subforum, but I think new members need some time until they get all the privileges (private messaging, posting threads, etc.), obviously to avoid too easy advertising. There is a topic somewhere called "Private Messages" or something similar, where you can ask the moderator to speed up the process. It took me several weeks too.

I for one have the most upmost respect for what you what you did here you have given us all so much hope & your a real person with real feelings..

I think your progress has been fab & your daily/wkly/mth updates has been second to none.

I've been watching/ stalking your progress very closely LOL but for me personally I've got the biggest respect for you. Your a brave ,brave young man & your post is just fab.

Your hairline is fine don't worry about them idiots, tell me a perfect hairline, there is not one, once your weeds start growing LOL you be looking at this post thinking what was all that about...IMHO you look good , your hairline looks good & in 12mths you will look as hairy as a chimp......LOL.

Keep up the good work dude your going in the right direction & again you give me & 1000s of others hope for the future.

Hope that your recovery goes well in the coming months.

A side note to the nasty posters out there stop being DHs this guy don't have to do what he did so back off him if you have any feelings, there is a good way to put your message across & a bad way you are the latter....we are all here to support each other & even to give some advice from good members who have been through some testing times.

Can you tell me? I cant find the "New Thread" button. I want to start a thread and cant find the blinking thing!

There is no reason that you should not be seeing the New Thread Button. You'll need to be sure that you are in a sub-forum and not in a discussion thread.

If you still can't find it, you can email me at service@hairtransplantnetwork.com and I'll send you some screen shots.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Guys, its with a lot of joy I am here to announce yesterday I hit the 4th month post op.

Things here are doing pretty well, but I have to be patient.

Growth is starting to improve but day by day I can't wait to see my head full of hair so the paradox is that it seems even slower, when in fact its not.

People around me are complimentating to me every day saying how good they look like and how much they're thickening and growing.

I hope we'll see a huge improvement around month 5-6.

Pictures below:

T3dL6H1.jpg

sxTYBNQ.jpg?1

tCQDMtr.jpg?1

Donor area:

7Q7AFrh.jpg?1

Additional informations: I'm following a healthy diet with plenty of fresh vegetables and fresh lean meats + multivitamin pills daily (supradyn) + zinc and iron supplement + Finasteride 1mg/2 days + Alpecin shampoo daily.

The skin is a little bit red still but its fading away. Same with the dry skin on the recipient area, if I scratch it its still a bit flaky but I guess thats normal.

Qhat do you guys think so far? If you have any question let me know!

I forgot to add: the transplanted hair in the recipient area don't grow all together at the same growth rate.

Some are longer and some shorter (some are still poking out) so I have to even them out using a electric razorblade. Not sure if they're supposed to be that way but.. ok I guess? hahah

• 4 weeks later...

OK now it really started here !!! Not kidding anymore :D

I'm happy for you Hesediel... I find your new hair quite thick for a 4th month, mine was much finer.

I have the same problem with the different growth rates, don't worry : at month 7, I still have some hair growing up 3 times quicker than others. It will all become regular in a few months I guess.

Fred

OK now it really started here !!! Not kidding anymore :D

I'm happy for you Hesediel... I find your new hair quite thick for a 4th month, mine was much finer.

I have the same problem with the different growth rates, don't worry : at month 7, I still have some hair growing up 3 times quicker than others. It will all become regular in a few months I guess.

Fred

Thanks for your reply Fred :)

I am going to post a reply at month 5 with photos update, but so far its been great.

However I will admit that, at least to me, the growth is a little slower... or maybe its because I check my hair every hour? I still believe in more growth

Yeah the hair are definitely growing at different rates and some of them are a bit curly, which is weird since my hair were always straight

Today I hit 5 months post OP.

What could I say? The growth keeps increasing, there was a MASSIVE improvement between month 3 and late month 4, I hope it will continue this way.

The hair are thickening but some are still a bit curly.

Looks like there's more coming out on the left side rather than the right side, I wonder if its normal and it will even out. Anyone else noticed this as well?

What should I expect from month 5 to 7-8?

Pics below:

Pre trim

qjpZmMV.jpg?1

GHvIbac.jpg?1

Post trim:

MbXwOXg.jpg?1

Looks like your still right on track ! its improving every month. It will continue to improve as more months go by.

Its perfectly normal for one side to lag behind the other. It will eventually all catch up and even itself out.

Hi Hesediel... you re right, huge improvement, much hair appeared on your previously bald areas... I'm happy for you. How great it will be in September !

"Looks like there's more coming out on the left side rather than the right side": same for me, at month 7 1/2 I still have this difference, on my right side I still have tiny zones were grafts didn't come out. I feel a bit anxious now about it, as I don't have much time left like you have, before it's over for me. Fingers crossed :)