Possibility of doing FUE by myself, looking to get into the industry-doctors plz read

If you're serious about entering the field of HT with your friend, then the obvious answer is... yes, this could work and makes sense. After years of experience and training, if you trust your friend and like his results, why not.

If you're talking about bypassing years of training and experience to just knock out some steller FUE result right off the bat using your friend, I'd say you're... crazy and please god tell me you're joking.

While you seem to speak highly of yourself, you didn't say much about your friend. He would be the one actually doing the magic. Is he also a master toppik applier? This is very important!

I had to check my phone to see if it was April 1. Is this a joke? The guy's hair in the "toppik" picture looks ridiculous. You can tell that's fake from a mile away.

I did not know you could do that with toppik.

I do not know that you should do that with toppik.

Many of the doctors here offer free in person consultations and free internet consultations. Before doing anything rash why not meet with them first?

I remember my dad talking about a neighbor of ours who used to put makeup in his hair. People always know but they'll never tell you...

As for training, actually I agree that FUE technique has more to do with skill and practice than with medical knowledge. That said, I still don't think I would ever let darkmanhyk perform one on me :)

Sorry, but I don't think you'd be well served by the forum telling you it looks great and you're ready to start performing surgery on your own head, if only you had the tools. Of the two pictures I think the natural one looks best.

You're probably not fooling anyone with the toppik so why not go have it done by a professional and live with the redness for a while? Who cares what people think. I'm sure people know I had something done but none of us should be embarassed that we took a step to improve on nature.

And I believe my instructions said I could apply toppik after 2 weeks if I wanted so why not just do that?

But if you can go to that job with toppik on your head why can't you take a 10 day vacation and return with some redness? Just tell people what you had done and be confident about what the results will ultimately be.

Darkman,

I did get your report however, I don't see anything blatantly insulting or in violation of our terms of service about Gobble's post. This community allows members to share their genuine opinions and you can't expect everyone to agree with you.

That said, I do agree that people should do their best to be respectful when sharing their opinions.

Best wishes,

Bill

Darkman,

I did get your report however, I don't see anything blatantly insulting or in violation of our terms of service about Gobble's post. This community allows members to share their genuine opinions and you can't expect everyone to agree with you.

That said, I do agree that people should do their best to be respectful when sharing their opinions.

Best wishes,

Bill

no probs I peace out with gobbles, I was thinking of deleting this whole thread as it adds no benefit can you do that

Umm just no ! thinking out loud or not this is not feasible in the slightest.

I think you are brave or had a rush of blood to the head bringing this up.

I can empathize because I have often posted in that frame of mind.

The fact is that all those techs performing FUE with cheap instruments or trademakd automated punches are doing it behind the shield of he industry I.e. a registered doctor.

You are of course going to get completely destroyed suggesting that we do it ourselves. I have already suggested SMP could be done that way, bu I have already 'jumped the shark' so not much to lose. ( I have already critisized strip surgery which makes me an outcast)

Anyway, the punches are cheap as chips, the anaesthesia would not freak you, and the actual technique, well, I have had so many techs pull out grafts on my head, I know the variation in technique is huge.

I suppose you will retract and get sensible, and I agree hat you should. But cudos for bringing it up. Call an FUE surgeon in Turkey, Germany, India or Belgium ( the last is very dear, so be aware) and the US and Canada are soo expensive it is not worth it.

I'm sure you will get results, just on the basis of reading your post. Keep the attitude I say.

Expect nothing less than what you already know (percent profit and risk minimalization) from clinics and play hard ball, and you might get what you came looking for.

Great post!

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
outside link removed.

I think you are brave or had a rush of blood to the head bringing this up.

I can empathize because I have often posted in that frame of mind.

The fact is that all those techs performing FUE with cheap instruments or trademakd automated punches are doing it behind the shield of he industry I.e. a registered doctor.

You are of course going to get completely destroyed suggesting that we do it ourselves. I have already suggested SMP could be done that way, bu I have already 'jumped the shark' so not much to lose. ( I have already critisized strip surgery which makes me an outcast)

Anyway, the punches are cheap as chips, FUE, Titanium Nitride Punches and Pro FUE Ultra-Sharp Punches - Mediquip Surgical

the anaesthesia would not freak you, and the actual technique, well, I have had so many techs pull out grafts on my head, I know the variation in technique is huge.

I suppose you will retract and get sensible, and I agree hat you should. But cudos for bringing it up. Call an FUE surgeon in Turkey, Germany, India or Belgium ( the last is very dear, so be aware) and the US and Canada are soo expensive it is not worth it.

I'm sure you will get results, just on the basis of reading your post. Keep the attitude I say.

Expect nothing less than what you already know (percent profit and risk minimalization) from clinics and play hard ball, and you might get what you came looking for.

Great post!

thanks for your post I decided to delete what i wrote in this post as you say I might posted it thinking of why can't it be done by myself, but it was a ridiculous thought.

Maybe in the future something like this might happen it might not be in our lifetime though, but this is just wishful thinking.

as for your reply what did you mean by (Belgium ( the last is very dear, so be aware) do you mean I should avoid Belgium.

I was thinking of Turkey and had Doctor Koray Erdogan on my mind but his charges raised so much after getting recommendation here, so then I ventured to Demisroy and some others, and honestly I can't accept only the best to work on me as I will be really angry if something went wrong, and I will fight my cause. So to avoid this I want to be only in safe hands, and I know that I am a difficult person when it comes to detail so the doctor must be tolerant. I am only very difficult when it comes to hair, otherwise I am a god hearted person.

But I need help in choosing, and money is an issue so I can't afford the US or Belgium they are so expensive compared to Turkey. Any real honest advise in regards to choosing a doctor, also I need the FUE to be done without shaving the recipient area, as you see it would be easy for a doctor to do that as already I am near bald but I need those bits of hairs to apply this bad style I do with toppik and comb over only once a week in meetings with managers for few hours and then after the meeting I can wash and wear a hat

please advise, also please give me your honest opinion as doctors even on this forum confused the hell out of me, like one of them said I am too bald to do an operation, while others shoot out promises,

Most doctors will shave the donor area, many the recipient.

Though it seems easy in principle - the number of people posting poorly designed transplants to transplants with poor growth would give me pause about doing it myself.

Which physician told you were too bald? I would be very careful before doing a transplant if you do not have a good donor.

Yeah here he is:

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - bart4hair's Profile

He has some pictures of him taking body hair and planting it on his head. He disappeared after this, so I will assume it didn't quite turn out as he planned. IMO you would be out of your mind to try and perform an amateur hair transplant on yourself. I think people are out of their minds going to unknown, unproven doctors to get a transplant, doing it yourself is a whole other level of crazy.

Yeah here he is:

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - bart4hair's Profile

He has some pictures of him taking body hair and planting it on his head. He disappeared after this, so I will assume it didn't quite turn out as he planned. IMO you would be out of your mind to try and perform an amateur hair transplant on yourself. I think people are out of their minds going to unknown, unproven doctors to get a transplant, doing it yourself is a whole other level of crazy.

Wow... flipping through his pictures is both fascinating and terrifying at the same time. Crazy stuff.

Whoa! Reviewing that album gave me a stomach ache.

Please, leave the invasive surgical procedures - and all the risks that come with them - to medical professionals with certified offices, sterilized tools, state licenses, and years of experience!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I have a question about body hair, if you take follicles from your body they are usually short and don't become longer on your body. So you take those hairs and transplant them on you skull will the grow longer than they were on your body.

Darkman,

Best wishes,

Bill

Hello Bill cant you delete this thread for me, as really I regretted posting it in the first place, and I want you please to delete it completely. This thread is useless and not worth to be on the site.

I have a question about body hair, if you take follicles from your body they are usually short and don't become longer on your body. So you take those hairs and transplant them on you skull will the grow longer than they were on your body.

No, when you transplant hair they retain the same characteristics they had when they were in the donor area.

The industry 'gold standard' for best do-it-yourself-at-home body hair transplant was set by this guy a couple of years back.

Darkmanhyk,

Don't sweat the post, or regret it, no big deal.

As for Belgium docs, they're great, but they do cost a bit more than the Turkey and India options. I said, 'dear' which is not a word used in Nth America I guess. Meant ti say 'expensive'

The industry 'gold standard' for best do-it-yourself-at-home body hair transplant was set by this guy a couple of years back

:D That is a classic! Always love that one, unlimited donor supply too.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Darkman,

In general, we do not delete entire threads. It really ruins discussion and continuity on the boards, and we don't want to get in the habit of doing it.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.