2,781 grafts with Dr. Diep

m0dthispny

had my HT yesterday with Dr. Diep, and the experience overall was amazing. I will use this thread to post updates for the next year.

I am a pretty big guy, 6'3, 190lbs, and can say I have a larger face. I was originally scheduled for 2,250 grafts, but Dr. Diep ended up doing 2,781 total grafts. The majority of the additional grafts were done free of charge. Thank you Dr. Diep! I also received the A-cell injections.

He also told me that my grafts in general were very good.

The surgery overall took about 11.5 hrs, including a 30 min lunch break. Overall it wasn't very painful, but the worst part was when they were implanting the hair, just became restless and took a good 4-5 hrs so I would say that was the most difficult part.

Don't have too much pain in the donor area or recipient area, but my forehead is swollen right now but I expect that to subside within the coming weeks.

Here is a breakdown of the hairs, and some high resolution pics. And as you can see, he also reinforced my existing hair quite a bit for future hair loss.

1's - 742 grafts

2's - 1,541 grafts

3's - 379 grafts

4's - 119 grafts

FYI, I also had a few 5 hair grafts. The Dr. said that's not something they see too often.

2uzc68l.jpg

ddl460.jpg

2unyffa.jpg

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, I will be following your case.

4066 FUE Grafts with Dr Bhatti, India 9&10 Jan 2014

For my pics and thread click the link:http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173658-4066-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-india-restoring-more-than-just-hair.html

m0dthispny,

Thanks for sharing your hair transplant experience with Dr. Diep. The work looks excellent. Please keep us posted on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hey Garen lol I mean m0dthispny..

Thanks for the reply man! Looking good, I hope it goes well for you and I'll be following up with your blog. Also, was it fut or fue?

haha, whoops. this was FUE.

recovering pretty good so far. not too many scabs in recipient area, and donor area is healing well too.

one thing i did start noticing however are "cracks", "valleys", etc in my hair. i did some research and i guess this is the normal part of crusting, i just noticed it at the end of day 3 and beginning of day 4. i've been very gentle with cleaning my head, and did not notice any grafts when i dabbed to clean the recipient area or dabbed the area dry.

http://www.hairtransplantmentor.com/hair-transplant-articles/hair-transplant-recovery-is-this-normal/

Hair Loss Help Forums - Cracks in FUE Recipient Area

starting to finally shower normally as of yesterday and soft massaging of the scalp with burts bees baby shampoo has really helped the crusting. got rid of a lot of crusting and in a few days i think i'll get majority of the crusting gone.

donor area is also healing quite well, once i get haircut and even out the hair, will be a lot less noticeable.

i think once you start to touch your hair and to clean it instead of being really careful w it, that's when you start to make progress.

Be careful with the shampoo, just small amounts.

Applying some shaving cream for a few minutes, helps to soften the crusts.

4066 FUE Grafts with Dr Bhatti, India 9&10 Jan 2014

For my pics and thread click the link:http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173658-4066-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-india-restoring-more-than-just-hair.html

Long time lurker, first time poster :)

m0dthisphy, I really appreciate the updates. Please keep em coming. I have an appointment with Diep in a few weeks so this is very helpful :) I plan to return to work 10 days after the transplant (taking off a week) so I am curious to see what the donor/recipient areas for you look around that 10 day period. If you have pics, please post em!

Long time lurker, first time poster :)

m0dthisphy, I really appreciate the updates. Please keep em coming. I have an appointment with Diep in a few weeks so this is very helpful :) I plan to return to work 10 days after the transplant (taking off a week) so I am curious to see what the donor/recipient areas for you look around that 10 day period. If you have pics, please post em!

hey. will definitely post pics next few weeks. the donor area looks pretty good, it is a bit noticeable but that's because the hair is uneven where he extracted. once i got a haircut it will be hard to notice.

the recipient area is recovering quite well too. i'm at 2 weeks nwo and about 98% of crusting and scabs are gone too.

the biggest obstacle you'll have is just the swelling you get the first week, and when crusting develops, your head will have a lot of cracks on it but that goes away once you start to actually massage your head when you shampoo at the 1 week mark.

• 2 weeks later...
I think this transplant will turn out well. Good number of grafts for area covered. But i've never seen a natural hairline like that ever.

If anyone has a picture to prove me wrong, please post it.

what's wrong with the hairline? i had a few stragglers in the center of the hairline, so he started from there and did a slight arch.

just curious...

so i'm definitely starting to shed, so i know it's going to be a roller coaster the next few months.

not much to update, the donor area is still pink and noticeable under certain lighting, but i am pretty fair skin and everybody heals different, so hopefully it's because of that.

Unfortunately I doubt that this will produce a natural looking hairline. This zig zag is typical of Dr Diep. This is another Diep patient with a zig zag hairline:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173969-dr-diep-fue-2-098-grafts-hair-transplant-result.html

However the density behind this should be good considering the number of grafts.

here are some updates. i didn't update much during the shedding, but now that i'm everything has shed, i will start updating more periodically.

these are 17 days post op. hair had slowly started to shed.

photo_2.jpg

photo_1.jpg

took these tonight, 31 days post op. almost all hair has shed, :(

recipient area is slightly still red/pink, but i'm pretty fair skin, so i know it will eventually go away. i used aloe with vitamin e in my donor area the past week which helped a lot, so will start using it in recipient area as well

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

Why so many spikes evenly spread out on front after procedure?

and here no spikes? Was this requested?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172773-dr-koray-erdogan-asmed-clinic-2800-grafts-5-months-update.html

Dr. Diep does a zig zag with single hair follicles in the front.

this is what it should hopefully look like when the hair grows back.

tv4c.jpg