Fue transplant denied to sane hiv in istanbul

jonlove

Hi ALL

HOPE EVERYTHING IS GOOD

DOES ANYONE KNOW A CLINIC WHERE THEY ACCEPT HIV + FOR FUE TRANSPLANT

I TRAVELED TO ISTANBUL TO HAVE THE TRANSPLANT DONE, WHEN I ARRIVED THERE THEY TOLD ME TO TURN AROUND, THEY DONT WORK WITH HIV POSITIVES

ITS SO DISCRIMINATORY, THEY DENY PATIENTS HIV + WHEN THEY ARE AS HEALTHY AS A NORMAL PERSON,

THAT MAKES YOU FEEL REALLY BAD, IF ANYONE KNOWS PLEASE SEND SOME INFO, IM GOING MAD SEARCHING FOR CLINICS NOW

HELP MUCH APPRECIATED GUYS

MANY THANKS

Edited by jonlove

Most clinics today do not require a blood test and as Dr. Vories says above, use universal precautions on all patients. Seems like this would have been something that you worked out before you traveled. Sorry to hear this though.

I feel like you should share the clinic's name for the sake of future HIV positive patients considering getting an HT there. That way the clinic and the pt do not waste their time.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Jon,

I agree with Dr. Vories' assessment. In the United States, we've developed universal safety precautions and legally cannot refuse to perform surgeries on patients with bloodbourne pathology. I've personally assisted on dozens of surgeries/procedures on known HIV+, Hepatitis, etc, patients. Because of these rules and regulations in the US, I'm wondering if traveling to America for the procedure may be easiest?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

even if a person tested negative for HIV at the time of surgery, couldn't they still have the virus

due to the window between contracting the virus and the production of antibodies?

i still think clinics should have patients run full blood work if only to access thrombo time is within accepted parameters

but maybe, well definitely, surgeons who do not require any testing know more than i do about these matters

Hi all

i spent about 800 USD in flights , hotels, and the 4 day trip i had planned to istanbul

i had managed days off at work for recovery, managed time off with family and friends for the post surgery

i had been planning this trip for the last 3 months

when i arrived at the clinic and they did blood test they said i was eligible for the transplant cause i wasHIV postive ,and it was very dangerous for me

I WAS DEVASTATED

i have just been diagnosed, i am healtthy person, my viral load is undetectable, and my inmune system is just like any other sane person

I still have no names regarding where i can go with my condition,

if anyone could drop some names of clinic where they would transplant to HIV i would really appreciate it

Many Thanks

Plastic Surgery center at Piyavate International Hospital in Bangkok that operate on HiV+ patience but for a 60% increase in price for extra equipment and precautions, perhaps do a search, unsure if they are doing HT FUE but it might be a start,

here is there email address email.jpg

all the best take care

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Like Blake said it is illegal in the U.S. for a doctor to refuse treatment based on your HIV status, I'm sure most European countries are the same, I would start looking at clinics in those locations. Also if you are intent on having a transplant in Turkey, I would look at the recommended clinics here as I'm sure they would operate on you. I would also be concerned about this clinics ability to perform a quality hair transplant if they are this medically ignorant, so it may be a blessing in disguise. I'm not sure what they mean when they say it would be dangerous for you unless they routinely pass infections onto their patients, so that was probably just a load of crap because they didn't want to operate on you.

Jon,

I agree with Dr. Vories' assessment. In the United States, we've developed universal safety precautions and legally cannot refuse to perform surgeries on patients with bloodbourne pathology. I've personally assisted on dozens of surgeries/procedures on known HIV+, Hepatitis, etc, patients. Because of these rules and regulations in the US, I'm wondering if traveling to America for the procedure may be easiest?

could you drop me some names in clinics in the usa you would recommend?

thanks!

Sorry I dont really know any clinics in your part of the world, im sure the forum will

Help you out in finding one that does!! It sucks but you will get to have a HT sooner or later pal! Why did you decided to go that particular clinic im Turkey?

Sorry I dont really know any clinics in your part of the world, im sure the forum will

Help you out in finding one that does!! It sucks but you will get to have a HT sooner or later pal! Why did you decided to go that particular clinic im Turkey?

it was recommended by a friend. the clinic was good, and for very good price

ive seen the results and are great, they shouldve just let me know in advanced they didnt treat HIV Positives, they never asked,

Im from the UK. I would personally do some research and ring/email a few clinics before any any quick decission. Have you been in tocuh with the recommended Turkish clinics on here?

i live in London

i have contacted a few clinics already,

ill see if i can find any to get t done

If you go to the states no one can refuse you as it is illegal, I'd bet it is the same in the UK. Also you could go take a short train ride to Belgium, and see some of the top doctors there, I'm positive they would take care of you.

Hi Jon,

Here is a list of all our recommended hair transplant surgeons; here is a list of our recommended clinics in the United States (where they must abide by the aforementioned rules and regulations).

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Plastic Surgery center at Piyavate International Hospital in Bangkok that operate on HiV+ patience but for a 60% increase in price for extra equipment and precautions, perhaps do a search, unsure if they are doing HT FUE but it might be a start,

here is there email address email.jpg

all the best take care

They should be doing this for everyone - regardless of their HIVStatus. HIV is not the only thing you can transmit via blood.

Personally if a clinic will not operate on HIV patients regardless of their health status or has 'special' procedures other than standard universal precautions I do not think they should be recommended here.

GoForIt,

Just to clarify, the clinic in question is not affiliated with our network. To my knowledge, all our recommended clinics follow universal safety precautions and do not reject patients based upon HIV status.