Ugly ducking stage

fuepower

Hi All,

I had a transplant roughly 1.5 months ago, and I look absolutely terrible. I'm completely healed, and it looks like I've never even had a procedure.

But therein also lies the problem...90% of my grafts have shed and I'm essentially back to ground zero.

From reading my postop paperwork around perusing the web, this is is supposed happen. Regardless it sucks a lot.

I guess my question is this...is graft shedding after a month an indicator of success/failure?

Thanks,

fuepower

just a word of comfort that if you've been reading the post on this site you will know that you're shedding of the transplanted grafts is absolutely normal at this phase of your HT, you will begin regrowing those newly transplanted hairs in 3-4 months, hang in there no matter how tough it may seem now, you will begin to see progress and hopefully your spirits will pick up with time. best of luck.

Hi All,

I had a transplant roughly 1.5 months ago, and I look absolutely terrible. I'm completely healed, and it looks like I've never even had a procedure.

Looks like you never had a procedure? Well, at least you're back to looking like your terrible self again!

No but in all seriousness this is completely normal. I'm surprised questions like this are asked after the fact of an HT. I guess some people just don't do research.

just a word of comfort that if you've been reading the post on this site you will know that you're shedding of the transplanted grafts is absolutely normal at this phase of your HT, you will begin regrowing those newly transplanted hairs in 3-4 months, hang in there no matter how tough it may seem now, you will begin to see progress and hopefully your spirits will pick up with time. best of luck.

Thanks bro, words of encouragement mean a lot.

Looks like you never had a procedure? Well, at least you're back to looking like your terrible self again!

No but in all seriousness this is completely normal. I'm surprised questions like this are asked after the fact of an HT. I guess some people just don't do research.

Haha, that's almost exactly what my lady said. :D

That being said, I definitely did my research, but you never realize the gravitas of the ugly duckling stage until it hits personally.

Guess it's just me being paranoid and stubborn! Regardless, thanks for the reassurance.

Hang in there, this is the part that sucks but better days are coming!

I'm at around 2 months and 3 weeks on HT #2, and though I have a few new hairs in the hairline which are exciting I also have minor dandruff issues and some shock loss.

I like to believe that the faster the grafted hairs shed the sooner they will be back permanently.

How was your immediate post-op? If you got to ten days without issues then you should be ok.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 2 weeks later...