Dr Radha Rani vs HW: Need some opinions

wolfsatplay

Thought maybe I'd throw this out there for some feedback.

I am very close to getting a HT done at H&W who told me they could bet hopefully get 4000+ grafts. Then I looked at Dr Radha Rani who is becoming more and more recognized as a top HT doctor.

And although i am not making my decision based on price it has to be considered.

H&W would be 18k

Dr Radha Rani $4k, plus trip fl to India 1.5k total 5.5k That's a 10k difference.

It begs consideration. I know H&W is world class. I get it. And I wish I could see more of Dr Rani's results. So chime in. Love to get some thoughts or experiences with either.

cheers

w

I dont have experience with either of them but this dilemma of yours makes me think that you should continue your research on hair transplants. Don't get me wrong but its weird you are comparing one of the most experienced strip clinics in the world regarded by most as the best in the world with a promising newcomer and possibly the cheapest clinic in the world. You took the two extremes! I know 10k is a lot of money and i feel you but between these two choices i think that the feedback you are gonna get is a given.

No matter who you end up doing it with its still a surgery and it has risks and though i am not a strip fan, between these two i would definitely go with H&W. I actually feel a bit bad for Dr. Rani that she had to be put in this comparison you are doing but well sometimes is like that i guess :)

Not quite sure I understand your post. I have done a lot of research, and as i mentioned I know H&W is world class. I am not comparing them. I am just asking for member's input.

And I actually don't feel sorry for mentioning Dr Rani in the same post as H&W because now

that she is a recommended dr on this forum, perhaps she has earned that right. Perhaps she hasn't. But, that's what forums like this are meant for - to discuss. But I appreciate your opinions - no doubt I'm sure many will agree with you.

Cheers,

w

You are smart enough to not get a HT based on cost. And most everyone feels the pinch of the prices this industry charges.

Your best option, at this point, is to do ALOT more research. While I'm unfamiliar with Dr. Rani, you had better research this doctor exhaustively if you think you are going to save a lot of money and still be satisfied with the result.

The possibility certainly exists, but repair work can be expensive, and if necessary, costs more than taking the more expensive option would have.

Don't take a leap of faith. Know everything there is to know, including the good, the bad, and the ugly. I did not know she is recommended here until I read your post above, that is a good sign.

Yup,

I know there are many great FUT Drs, Konior, Ferudini, Rahal, even Basinga, also Hattingen has been consistently producing great results (not on this forum) But, i was hoping anyone who has been to Dr Radha Rani may chime in.

Thanks for replying

cheers,

w

Dr Radha is a great surgeon who learned from one of the world's top surgeons, Dr. Path from Bangkok. Search the forums, she has some great results out there.. That said, Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong are world class and have earned their reputation for longer than a decade. If money is truly an obstacle, go Radha, if you want to fork out the extra cash to get the extra expertise and artistry, H&W is your best bet. Only you can make that judgement. Do yourself a favor, search the forum, search the web. You'll be able to find both patient submitted and clinic submitted results from both clinics.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

We all know H&W are well equipped to handle a 4k graft case. They do them regularly, and the results are abundantly documented. Make sure the same is true with Dr. Rhani. Ask her how many techs she employs, how much experience they have, and be sure to see plenty of 4k-type results.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

HW for sure, No comparison but if you want to save some money and get an affordable strip surgery. I advice you to check out Dr. Path in Thailand, Actually she was trained by him. Good luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

The first question should be how much can the donor supply ? Can you really get 4000 grafts from the first strip. Also how is the scalp laxity ?

I had a low volume of hair, but above average laxity. Also I have a broad forehead. The area covered is around 124 cm2.

So with this is mind, I really could not have high expectations.

Therefore, Dr Radha transplanted 30 grafts per centimeter. When I returned home a lot of people who knew about my hair transplant were asking me why I didn't get more done. Could H&W do a better job ? I don't think so. Unless they have some technology to grow more donor hair.

So before you decide whether it should be Rani or H&W ask yourself this. Can my donor area supply the amount of hair to transfer 4000 grafts ? How broad is my forehead ?

By the way before I went to Dr Radha I asked my wife to evaluate my donor area. She said I have fine hair, and the quantiity is below average. However, my wife also told me the quality of my hair is good. Guess what ? Dr Radha said the exact same thing when I went to India. So, get another person to evaluate your donor area.

Edited by Khali

• 1 month later...

With the amount of money you might save I'd consider flying to India for vacation and just having an in person consultation. Ask for her to provide a date that you might view in person a post 12 month op patient and view a surgery live.

The info I have read seems she is detailed and has a formalized plan for each patient.

I do not recall if she does lateral slits or coronal but HW does and it does seem to increase the appearance of density. If the trip to India was not possible and I had to place a bet blindly, I'd place it on HW.

• 1 year later...

Hi Wolfsatplay,

I being from India and also from the same state of Dr Radha, I would suggest you to blindly go for Dr Radha, she is frank , straight forward and to the point and is not someone who says something for your satisfaction and her results are bangon. What she speaks is what she delivers.