Recently had SMP

Hey all,

I decided to join this forum to show my results from a recent SMP procedure I had. It was at H&W. I am now 5 weeks removed from the procedure and am still happy with the results. I will show some pictures from early on-to more recent.

I have always been interested in this temporary SMP idea because I enjoy the ease of a buzzed head, while having a procedure that I wasn't sure if I would like or not, not being permanent.

For the best results I buzz my hair to the lowest setting as it helps blend the real hair from the dots. I sometimes go 2 days with buzzing and am still happy with it. I am a NW4 btw.

I decided to show full face pics as well as I am not too much of a private person and it gives you a better idea how the results look. I have also noticed not too many results have been posted from this procedure.

5b32db27256fe_9-19005.jpg.c65e30fae3364df30dcb61b7164cb324.jpg

5b32db27459ce_917036.jpg.3df5c1cbf5c44c7262fe7cadabe23b64.jpg

5b32db27590f0_917066.jpg.07fed72451ee87d056c83bec9d9eec83.jpg

5b32db2764e48_917070.jpg.5588086fc38e309fe672574de5d6c0b5.jpg

5b32db277493b_917072.jpg.99f2b2549da6498816bd6b6d17861126.jpg

Great to see you on here, Baldeagle. I took the liberty of getting some of your before photos to add to the thread so there is a proper comparison. Thanks for sharing and going full monty!

24617_a90b15_0ea77a.jpg

24618_c65e03_c252fd.jpg

24619_fb273a_36fad6.jpg

45760_88566d_7b0096.jpg

Edited by Jotronic

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Looks good. At what stage is that last photo Joe posted? I can tell that something has been done, but it doesn't really look inked yet. Do you get a local anesthetic?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Ha! Good eye, Spanker. I was in a rush when I put those together. Various hairlines had been drawn in and wiped off so what you saw was the skin reacting. I replaced it with a photo before any hairlines were drawn and wiped off.

We don't use local in the normal sense, not with a needle. We have a topical that we can apply to the scalp but we only use it on request as most guys can handle the procedure without any numbing or freezing.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hello bald eagle, I think you know it already but I have to say it as well that you look awesome with the buzzed head. I am pretty sure you can shave them down completely and still look like the bomb. You have the perfect head and jaw for it.

But for me I don't like so much the the SMP look on you, it's not that is anything wrong with the concept of the SMP but you look too good and natural with the pattern of your baldness to need something like this. When I see it from up and the sides it's ok, but when I see it upfront it looks too round and perfect.

Honestly as a third party observer I see a very good looking balding guy, natural thinning and receding with the I don't give a f@ck look, you can pull it off easily. This hairline now takes away from that and it doesn't look too natural to my eyes, maybe it's the shape I don't know...

I wouldn't comment so unfavorable if this was permanent but I know it fades and you can decide whatever you want in the future. I think u don't need it, it takes away more than it gives.

Edited by Number47

Thanks for the feedback. I feel it looks good in person, and have got compliments from it. Recently, I have actually been bic shaving my head every 3 days. I understand this will make it fade faster, but I like the new look and it blends perfectly now.

That's great if you love the look then perfect. Anyway we can just judge from pics we can't see it in real life to appreciate it. Besically it's the last after pic that sparked my comment and the fact that you looked too good bald. I wish I looked like that then I wouldn't even look for options but we are our own worst critic so I can also understand your decision.

Really sad to say I agree with Number47, it just looks too… not sure what the word is, I guess too perfect, like said from the front. Wish they would have faded better, from forehead skin to hair (SMP). Sides look great though. Also, not sure if it’s just too dense or if it’s the overall shape. Just my opinion. Really glad you are happy with it, that is most important. Want to also say I really appreciate you sharing your experience. That takes bravery and it helps us all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks good. I prefer smp with a little stubble, has anyone called you on it?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think a 1500-2000 FUE would make this three dimensional and truly amazing.

With your looks I think a bit of texture in there would make you a super model of the SMP-FUE universe. Have you considered a smallish low density FUE? If so, what put you off the idea?

But then there are better things to do..

Hey Scar5,

Funny you mention the FUE/SMP combo. I am actually looking into a Fue for next spring to go with a another round of smp. The only thing keeping me back was the potential white dot scarring. I was hoping for Dr. Wesley's scarless fue to be available by then but it's not looking so good. My options are either going with Dr Gho and get a HST or going with a traditional fue and hope for minimal scarring.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

if you are going for fue search turkey doctors on this forum contact them personally. if you go for 3000 plus grafts most of them charges 2$ per graft and if you are from us round trip flight will be 500$ if booked 6 weeks in advance.

HT network is of great help in finding really good fue surgeon and in very good price.