Looking for a great surgeon in North America

RaW7

I know there is a lot of doctors out there that are great im currently consolting with Dr Feller, Dr Bernstein and a local doctor Dr Elliot I am from Canada Alberta but I would like to get the best possible doctor I could get to do my procedure. Any input is welcome and appreciated.

I had a procedure at Dr Konior's office (Chicago) barely a week ago and can highly recommend it.

My head barely has a scab in either the recipient or donor area and I don't even need the painkillers during the day.

He also oversaw the planting of every single graft.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thanks for the reply any other input? I am looking to get the surgery done as soon as i can... Traveling isn't a problem but the consultation would have to be via email.

Strip or fue?

Thanks for the reply any other input? I am looking to get the surgery done as soon as i can... Traveling isn't a problem but the consultation would have to be via email.

Dude, Mickey85 is one of the most knowledgeable, objective guys on this forum. You will benefit from his advice.

RaW7,

Welcome! You've certainly come to the right place. The fact is that there are numerous world-class physicians in N. America. If you're willing to travel, you've got a lot of choices and those choices are not always easy to make.

You may want to take a look at our list of recommended hair restoration physicians and criteria for recommending physicians.

I also suggest checking out our patient created hair restoration websites.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Contact them via e-mail correspondence:

Hasson and Wong (Vancouver, Canada)

Hair Transplants | Hair Transplant Surgery | Hasson & Wong

or Dr. Konior (Chicago, US)

PremiereHairDoc.com, Hair Transplantation Experts. Premier Techniques, Premier Results

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

North America is full of excellent strip surgeons. I rate Hasson and Wong at the very top due to their extreme care and talent with the strip excision and donor closure.

RaW7....I had a wonderful experience last year at Hasson/Wong.

Their office is cutting edge, clean, new, busy in a good way,

and the entire staff is outstanding. They have a deep,

full time experienced group of techs which allows them to

do large sessions on a routine basis.

I went to Dr. Wong and I am very pleased with the results.

In fact I will be returning to Hasson/Wong sometime over the

next year to get one more procedure to finish my crown.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

North America is full of excellent strip surgeons. I rate Hasson and Wong at the very top due to their extreme care and talent with the strip excision and donor closure.

Thanks for all your help guys I will be consulting with Dr.Hasson ASAP. Would you recommend a different doctor for FUE transplant or does Dr.Hasson also specialize in FUE?

I really have to look at a guys needs before I recommend a doctor. If you need 6K grafts, go to H and W. If want a killer, high-def hair line that is super natural, go to Konior. Konior will plant a little more aggressively that H and W and Rahal will go more aggressive than both. Ron Shapiro is another doctor that everyone should consider when looking at having surgery in North America. If you are in your mid twenties and a NW5A and already in Canada, H and W sounds like your place to me.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I agree, H&W are pretty close to you if you are in Alberta, it may be worth it to visit them in person first.

Dr. Rahal does seem to provide a discount for out of town patients. He will make you get a letter signed by your family doctor that clearly states you are going to have a hair transplant, and they are not flexible about this, just be aware in advance.

Dr. Konior does not provide any discount for out of town patients (correct me if this has changed) as he is very busy and also places all of the grafts himself, so he may be your most expensive option. But certainly would be worth it as he is an amazing surgeon.

Tough call, those are the top three FUT in NA as far as I know. Contact them all and see what dates they can provide and what experience they can offer.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks for all your help guys I will be consulting with Dr.Hasson ASAP. Would you recommend a different doctor for FUE transplant or does Dr.Hasson also specialize in FUE?

For FUE, you would have to look to Europe. Doctors like Erdogan, Hakan, Bisanga are exceptional at FUE. The Turkish surgeons(Hakan and Erdogan) charge 2.5EURO per graft which is an amazing price. Post up some pictures of your situation.