Hair looks to young for my Face

BrianR

I had a HT 9 months ago and Im pretty happy with the results, its a little thin but with rogain foam and some hair fibers it looks pretty full

Now for my problem, Im 56 and the hair on my face is grey and I don't look 21, But the hair on my head is one solid color and looks 21...Ive never in my life colored my hair or did anything cosmetic until 9 months ago (HT)

Someone at work yesterday was nice enough to tell me I have a old face but young hair haha

What do you do to make Transplanted Hair look more natural?

Hi Brian,

Frankly, I'm not sure if you can make your transplanted hair more "gray." I do know its possible to dye your beard, but I'm not sure if you're interested in doing this. When you say make the transplanted hair "look more natural," are you only referring to the color, or is there another aspect which you feel is unnatural? Some images may help us evaluate and provide accurate advice!

Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

my hair looks good, its just one solid color. Im gonna post some pics give me a min ok I have to figure out how to get them off my phone.

Ya I tried coloring my face hair and it dosnt look natural

Brian,

There is a just for men that supposedly only dyes some of the beard, I can't remember the name but it leaves you with a touch of grey.

Other than that, I don't think that there is much you can do except drop the fibers, which may allow for a thinner look that will let you look your age.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Man, that looks like a pretty sweet transplant! Judging from your finger nails, you have a blue collar job and could probably get away with telling the guy who said that to go frack himself. Point to one of your tattoos and tell him that you got that one in commemoration of the last guy that thought it was a good idea to make such an observation.

I think you look good and it looks natural to me.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

HAHAHAHA Spanker! You kill me!! Brian.....your hair looks awesome buddy! Congratulations! =)

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Brian,

I'm not 100% certain about blending the beard and hair color, but I do think your transplant looks fantastic!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Man, that looks like a pretty sweet transplant! Judging from your finger nails, you have a blue collar job and could probably get away with telling the guy who said that to go frack himself. Point to one of your tattoos and tell him that you got that one in commemoration of the last guy that thought it was a good idea to make such an observation.

I think you look good and it looks natural to me.

LOL Thanks My doc was Dr. Joseph Williams I found him on this site and had about 2800 grafts...I work maintenance and have a 1966 650 triumph that might explain my groomed finger nails haha

IMAG0935.jpg.7a41021ab11dff01011791129e100b33.jpg

Those 2800 grafts look like they went a looong way... looking very good from what I can see in your pics, I would have guessed that you had many more grafts than that. It is very common for men to have gray facial hair and retain most of their natural color on top of their head. IMO the reverse would look weird to me, that is if somebody had grey hair but had a dark beard. My friend do not think about adding some gray to that hair!!! I am blonde but my beard comes in blonde, gray, and red.

Looking good man.

Those 2800 grafts look like they went a looong way... looking very good from what I can see in your pics, I would have guessed that you had many more grafts than that. It is very common for men to have gray facial hair and retain most of their natural color on top of their head. IMO the reverse would look weird to me, that is if somebody had grey hair but had a dark beard. My friend do not think about adding some gray to that hair!!! I am blonde but my beard comes in blonde, gray, and red.

Looking good man.

Thanks, After my year is up, Im gonna get another HT....

1-97CDE618-0-960.jpg.fb00fbdd0510b6fbd5f15002b3fb7275.jpg

Nice barnet buddy. Top result. You dont need another HT in my opinion.

Regimen:

Finasteride (1.25mg): Daily.

Minoxidil (5%): Twice Daily.

Super Biotin (5000mcg) Vitamin Supplement; Daily

Silica Complex; Daily

Could it be you had your hair line lowered too much. that it wasn't age appropriate? Why don't you shave your facial hair?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Could it be you had your hair line lowered too much. that it wasn't age appropriate? Why don't you shave your facial hair?

I have a long forehead I could still lower my hair line 10 more inches haha..

Im kidding, but I do have a high forehead and as for shaving off the facial hair, I shaved it last night (Good idea thanks?) I was actually thinking my face looks a little older then my hair..(I kinda think it looks like I color my hair to get it so perfect)<In my case perfect isn't good.....

Well despite the slight technical difficulty of your beard not quite matching, you look pretty damned good. I think your hairline is lower than mine - and I've had TWO HT's equalling over 3,300 grafts total, and I'm only 29! If I were you, I'd find a way to enjoy this blessing :) Congrats on a great result!

Well despite the slight technical difficulty of your beard not quite matching, you look pretty damned good. I think your hairline is lower than mine - and I've had TWO HT's equalling over 3,300 grafts total, and I'm only 29! If I were you, I'd find a way to enjoy this blessing :) Congrats on a great result!

Well being 29 again would make me happy.. Haha... I'm not complaining, but was just wondering if there was a way to make my hair look aged to match the rest of me....

Your hairline looks low in the photos. Mine is pretty low in the front but I kept decent recessed corners. I hope this helps me match my age when I am older. I actually wish my hairline was higher but that is where mother nature put it, and I didn't want to wait another 5 years for it to creep back to get an HT. I think you should be really happy. If you were bald it would match your face maybe, but you didn;t want to be bald, and now you are not. Count you blessings. I think you look great.

PS: Getting a bit of a tan and dressing nice will make you look younger. You are my dad's age and I think what ages him most is his off brand jeans and shoes. He has the money for nicer things, but doesn't study that kind of stuff. There are things besides hair that make you look and feel you. You look like you are in pretty good shape. Maybe you try some new fashion, just dont try too hard. :)

View Spanker's Website

Young looking hair.... First World Problems.... lol

LOL Very True....But honestly Im not complaining about having hair, Im just trying to improve on something I have (I do that with everything)...I love having hair and my hairline is age appropriate its high and recedes....

Your hairline looks low in the photos. Mine is pretty low in the front but I kept decent recessed corners. I hope this helps me match my age when I am older. I actually wish my hairline was higher but that is where mother nature put it, and I didn't want to wait another 5 years for it to creep back to get an HT. I think you should be really happy. If you were bald it would match your face maybe, but you didn;t want to be bald, and now you are not. Count you blessings. I think you look great.

PS: Getting a bit of a tan and dressing nice will make you look younger. You are my dad's age and I think what ages him most is his off brand jeans and shoes. He has the money for nicer things, but doesn't study that kind of stuff. There are things besides hair that make you look and feel you. You look like you are in pretty good shape. Maybe you try some new fashion, just dont try too hard. :)

Being bald was horrible for me, I have a very high forhead and a pointy head (Not a good bald head at all) Like I say Im REALLY happy with the HT, I was just asking if I could age my hair a little bit...

I get the feeling everyone thinks Im bitching about having hair, Im really not....My dad and brother both have full heads of hair, wanna talk about feeling like shit, try hanging around those two and listing to all their BS. haha

Im sorry if I gave everyone the impression Im not happy having hair...

Young looking hair.... First World Problems.... lol

Haha.

I feel bad at times worrying about my hair when I think about people who dont even know where their next meal is coming from.

Puts our problems into perspective.

Regimen:

Finasteride (1.25mg): Daily.

Minoxidil (5%): Twice Daily.

Super Biotin (5000mcg) Vitamin Supplement; Daily

Silica Complex; Daily

I get what you're saying. The hair was taken from the very healthy hairs in back and now look a bit out of place up front where it would naturally be a little "faded in". The contrast of these healthy new hairs to your face is a bit too hard. Right?

You could try going to a professional hair salon and asking them to do a super minimal dyeing of some of the front hairs to make them seem a bit more subtle. Might work.

Also I have heard people saying that after a little time the transplanted hairs do seem to start looking more natural up front. Softer etc.

Another option is when you go for your 2nd procedure, you could ask the Doc to try to find some white hairs in back (if there are any) and blend them in a bit. Good luck.